PGA FORUM

Comments

• KevinRothWx

RG Chief Meteorologist

The weather in lovely(?) Pacific Palisades, CA looks a bit rough for golf… and it some stretches much worse than that.

FLASH FLOOD WATCH: 7AM Friday – 11AM Saturday

THUS – Mostly dry, light winds
    AM – A dry start, with winds starting around 5mph. Perfect golf weather.
    PM – Still mostly dry, with a chance of a passing shower. Winds increase just a hair, 5-10mph, but still in very good shape.

FRI – That escalated quickly. Downpours, high winds.
    AM – Rain chances (with heavy downpours possible) will start early, and winds will already be 15+mph by sunrise.
    PM – The soaking will continue through the afternoon, and potentially intensify. I think we are looking at around 2 inches, potentially much more. To put that in perspective, LA averages a rainfall total of around 1 inch combined for the months of May through October (Yes, I cherry-picked the driest months, but the point remains, we could see more rain in a day than LA averages over a 6 month span). While the timing of the rain could be a struggle to pin down exactly, the increase in wind should be fairly noticeable as well, afternoon winds will be around 20-25mph, with gusts easily topping 30mph. It’s terrible golf weather.

SAT – Clearing out.
    AM – Lingering rain still possible early, clearing through the late morning. Winds should be back to a more reasonable 5-10mph.
    PM – Dry, winds down to around 5mph.

SUN – Nice weather.

Overview – With the highest winds and best chance of heavy rain, Friday afternoon looks to be the time slot to avoid… that’s not to say that AM Friday is great, but it’s likely the better of the options. The one thing that gives me pause here is the decent likelihood they don’t play Friday at all… if that’s the case, and the same time slots are held, it would be slightly advantageous to go late Saturday and early Thursday. Still, the overall weather impact on both Thursday and Saturday are minimal, whereas the potential impact if they DO play Friday seems much more significant. I’ll let you all make the tough choices…

Hope this helps, do me a favor and share it on Twitter with a tag (@KevinRothWx), gotta remind everyone I’m ready to go for baseball season :)
    Happy Grinding,
    Kevin

• riksmith3

Thanks, Kevin and great work as always! I to am ready for baseball season!

• Quadhole

Should be great comparing this to what happens. A weather mans jobs is horrible and most that don’t do it have not a clue how hard it is… Rarely do thing progress as stated…
    Thus, we moved to South Florida where everyday has a chance of Rain, high of 92 and a low of 80

• olough

Take me with you Quadhole

• ATL_Gunner

@Quadhole said...

Thus, we moved to South Florida where everyday has a chance of Rain, high of 92 and a low of 80

Not only does every day have a chance of rain – you know it’s going to happen between 3 and 5 PM.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Sites mentioned in this thread

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

• FanDuel

Get a FREE 3-month subscription to our FanDuel Premium content (a ~$90 value) by signing up through one of our links!

Learn More
  • DraftKings

Sign up for DraftKings using a RotoGrinders link & receive our DraftKings Premium content FREE for 3 months. That’s a ~$90 value! No DraftKings promo code necessary!

Learn More
  • FantasyDraft

Sign up for FantasyDraft through one of our links and say you were referred by “GRINDERS” to receive a cashback bonus of 4% on all entry fees (up to $5,000) for 90 days after your first deposit. You’ll also receive a comped 3-month subscription to our FantasyDraft Premium content, an additional ~$90 value FREE!

Learn More
  • Draft

Create your account using Draft promo code “GRINDERS” and receive a free $3 Entry as well as TONS of exclusive Grinders-only perks.

Learn More

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Disclosures: All RotoGrinders content contributors are active DFS players. Contributor screen names can be found on their respective RotoGrinders profile pages. Contributors reserve the right to use players or strategies not discussed in their content on RotoGrinders.