MAIN FORUM

Comments

• jonnybegoode

go to draftstreet, put in chat league 1874137, look at lineups #17 and 19, MR NOTO ,notorious seems to make lineups with 2 seamheater, along with the other $ leaders, all lineups have 6,7,8 same, there is a league when cards and a dink? had same. this talked in chat by some 30 guys last week. NOONE discloses or cares! 10 guys all together 4 people were sayin and I looked at league it looks true

• jlowery73

2012 DDC Main Event Champion

• 2014 FAFC Finalist

• x3

2015 FACFC Finalist

I already responded to this in the “Son of A” thread but this is nothing new. Happens all the time, especially during the NBA season.

• jonnybegoode

Well I signed up only 2 weeks ago and don’t understand how this can be allowed

• jlowery73

2012 DDC Main Event Champion

• 2014 FAFC Finalist

• x3

2015 FACFC Finalist

It used to not be, and I agree with you. Makes no sense to give out exact teams to the competition and then play them versus each other in the same league.

• jonnybegoode

they also can create“super team” with 10 or more guys doing research for one position for 5 hours, things people on own cant do

• Galante118

• Blogger of the Month

then create your own super team ;)

• jonnybegoode

sure I have 5hours x 10 individuals a day to each research one position and make player commendation for the team. Ill look into that. They count on people not caring. Just keep giving them your money. 2 weeks and Im done with this crooked industry

• nbags14

I’m really not sure what is so wrong with this.

• tommyboy42609

@jlowery73 said…

I already responded to this in the “Son of A” thread but this is nothing new. Happens all the time, especially during the NBA season.

This.^^

Just wait until NBA rolls around you’ll see this all the time in the large field doubleups – 10-15 people with same exact team. It shouldn’t be a big deal but when its one of the top NBA guys it does lower your EV in the 100 man dblups…sure, they could have a bad night here and there but overall I’d rather play 15 random teams than 15 identical teams of the #1 ranked NBA player on the site.

• adnoble

so angry. Its not against any rules.

• tipandpick

• 2016 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

• 2014 FAFC Champion

I suspect a lot of this goes on & it’s getting bigger as the number of DFS games increases…

…it would be a full-time job to do the analysis for college football, NFL, NHL, MLB, NBA, etc, yet some guys continue to be at the top of the ranks week week after week. I’m sure they’re better than the vast majority of players out there, but it’s tough to concede that these guys are experts at EVERY sport…particularly if they’re employed at a ‘normal’ job during the day.

I actually thought that I was in a league last weekend (CFB) where this was going on when a bunch of people had the same QB (~ 70%), yet he barely made a mention in any of the RG articles I read and/or the Chop/DB Thursday night show. I can’t confirm it, but it did cross my mind…

• briguy13

@jonnybegoode said…

sure I have 5hours x 10 individuals a day to each research one position and make player commendation for the team. Ill look into that. They count on people not caring. Just keep giving them your money. 2 weeks and Im done with this crooked industry

This is the reason this should be patrolled better, despite the fact that it would be difficult. It’s scaring off potential new players.

• adnoble

@tipandpick said…

I suspect a lot of this goes on & it’s getting bigger as the number of DFS games increases…

…it would be a full-time job to do the analysis for college football, NFL, NHL, MLB, NBA, etc, yet some guys continue to be at the top of the ranks week week after week. I’m sure they’re better than the vast majority of players out there, but it’s tough to concede that these guys are experts at EVERY sport…particularly if they’re employed at a ‘normal’ job during the day.

I actually thought that I was in a league last weekend (CFB) where this was going on when a bunch of people had the same QB (~ 70%), yet he barely made a mention in any of the RG articles I read and/or the Chop/DB Thursday night show. I can’t confirm it, but it did cross my mind…

If you are talking about Jordan Lynch, QB for Northern Illinois it is because he was such a crazy cheap price on Fanduel last weekend.

• tipandpick

• 2016 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

• 2014 FAFC Champion

It was a DK league, Ad…

…and the guy wasn’t a terrible pick, but I think (thought) there were others who were better values before the games were played, which shows you what I know. :/

• kaetorade

• 2013 DraftStreet DSBBC Finalist

It’s certainly a turn off to see several identical lineups in leagues where you EXPECT variety(single entry leagues). Good luck to the sites in their attempt to monitor/police a growing problem that really, was inevitable.

I will say, however, if you pay for lineups(incentives, etc.), it seems rather hypocritical to complain about shared lineups.

• jonnybegoode

who the yell would pay for a lineup. Why would 2 different people have 11 of 12 same players were they not creating team together, odds of it by accident millions to one with hundreds of players to choose. And in that DS 1874137 you will see that a dozen or so have 6-8 same. Also why does MR NOTO take up 10 spots in cap head 2 head and do does G123 and bird military and not play together, because they have the same core team and cannot. WAKE UP

• kaetorade

@jonnybegoode said…

who the yell would pay for a lineup.

I hate to break it to you, but a lot of people here(and elsewhere) pay for lineups and/or get their teams through means other than their own.

As far as why you always see a lot of the same guys with open h2h games? Part of it, I’m sure, is because of the multi-match blocker which prevents a user from taking more than one h2h game at a given price point.

• kaetorade

I commend RG for their contributions to the DFS community, particular for players. Myself, along with many others, have greatly benefited from RG-related promos. On top of that, they provide a great forum for us to express our opinions on DFS-related issues. However, I’m not sure how condoning identical lineups is in line with growing the community.

• BirdWings

RG Overall Ranking

• x4

2014 StarStreet MLB Playboy Mansion Finalist

• MLB 2014 Rankings Leader

@jonnybegoode said…

go to draftstreet, put in chat league 1874137, look at lineups #17 and 19, MR NOTO ,notorious seems to make lineups with 2 seamheater, along with the other $ leaders, all lineups have 6,7,8 same, there is a league when cards and a dink? had same. this talked in chat by some 30 guys last week. NOONE discloses or cares! 10 guys all together 4 people were sayin and I looked at league it looks true

Jonny – I assume you are miggytoddbest from DraftStreet constantly throwing conspiracy theories around in chat and trying to rile everyone up. I normally don’t respond to this stuff but you’ve been on quite a roll with it lately. Of the names I’ve seen you throw out in chat daily…
    -Myself
    -Notorious
    -g123
    -Militar
    -Dink
    -Cards
    I can confidently say we all make our own teams night in and night out and have all MLB season. To speculate that we’re all some sort of group teaming up to take down players like yourself is comical. Haters gonna hate.

• jecarl2

bTJordan/Notorious have the same exact lineup in NBA every night so don’t say that it doesn’t happen.

• kaetorade

@jecarl2 said…

bTJordan/Notorious have the same exact lineup in NBA every night so don’t say that it doesn’t happen.

You’re missing a few more on that list. :)

• mtray1911

@jonnybegoode said…

If a couple of guys get together and share LU; I don’t have a problem with that. However; if there is in fact; ten guys getting together and sharing LU; then the sites, themselves, should put a policy in place to prevent this from happening. This is NOT a team competition!

• stevietpfl

Morning Grind co-host, Lead NASCAR Analyst

RG Overall Ranking

• 2015 FanDuel MLB Playboy Mansion Finalist

• 2015 FAWBC Finalist

@jecarl2 said…

Was it when they had expert lineups on here? Notorious put his lineup on here daily and it was doing so good they had to stop doing it.

• stlcardinals84

Leading RG Analyst

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

• 2018 DraftKings FBBWC Finalist

Since I saw my name in this thread….

I do not, repeat do NOT share lineups or research with any person besides what I do here at RotoGrinders as part of the incentives tools. If someone has a similar lineup to me, it’s either because they are using the research I provide on here or because they think like I do.

Nobody pays me directly for lineup advice or anything like that, and that is 100% truth.

Just to clear the air….

• jonnybegoode

looks like some disagree with u little birdy

• jonnybegoode

then why did cards and dinkpiece have an exact same lineup in MLB and DS knows about it

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).