MAIN FORUM

Comments

• jonnybegoode

go to draftstreet, put in chat league 1874137, look at lineups #17 and 19, MR NOTO ,notorious seems to make lineups with 2 seamheater, along with the other $ leaders, all lineups have 6,7,8 same, there is a league when cards and a dink? had same. this talked in chat by some 30 guys last week. NOONE discloses or cares! 10 guys all together 4 people were sayin and I looked at league it looks true

• stlcardinals84

Leading RG Analyst

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

• 2018 DraftKings FBBWC Finalist

I would like to see this league, because dink and I actually don’t have the BEST relationship considering he works for one site and I work for another…

Again, I have NEVER shared a lineup with any other user intentionally. If you watch my shows you COULD end up with the same lineup as me because I give picks on Grinders Live… so it is possible.

• jonnybegoode

all I know is my friend mark said he saw it on a blog, the actual league page and showed me. it had stlcards above dinkpeace? with same score lineup, aug 2013 date

• stlcardinals84

Leading RG Analyst

RG Overall Ranking

It is extremely possible to have a tie in a league. It is also possible to have identical lineups once in a while, especially on a day with a short slate of games.

What I am saying is that Dinkpiece and I have never, and will never, work together on lineups. We have totally different interests in the DFS world.

If this was consistently happening, I see your beef. But I do not appreciate being attacked by a new user out of the blue. I help this community a ton with the research and tools I provide. I do that out of generosity and my passion for daily fantasy sports. Watch some of my shows, read the articles I post, and THEN judge what you think of me.

I have never been, and never will be, part of a team. I do my own research, and I’m pretty darned good at it.

• DillingerFour

FD Rep - DFBMeeMee Champ (x2)

• Blogger of the Month

@jonnybegoode said…

all I know is my friend mark said he saw it on a blog, the actual league page and showed me. it had stlcards above dinkpeace? with same score lineup, aug 2013 date

My head hurts just trying to translate your posts into english.

• jbergey

No chance that dink and cards were sharing lineups FYI. There is however a lot of information being shared out there. You either need to stay very on top of things to do well or do what a lot in the industry dont like “Pay for information”. Personally, down the road I can see a site that brings us a daily stock market type game where the players prices change due to supply/demand will eventually be the way around this. I think the concept is good but would enough people be interested in it?

• Ethan

DraftKings Rep

…this escalated quickly

• jonnybegoode

well heck of a coincidence then, I will ask my friend what it was on, I saw it, tied 8th, 9th teams next to each on page same exact players. some fantasy guys site/blog picture with comments, some rangers fan as that was part of name something texrangspports.net, I need to ask him, clearly same

• soccer4life1028

No this is your first post that wasn’t difficult to read.. Maybe you should post the league or should I say leagueS so that everyone can see your evidence instead of just taking you by your word (which is difficult to read on most occasions).

Just having one example doesn’t cut it, sometimes the great DFS players think alike and will have most or the same players in their LU.

• db730

RotoGrinders Media Director

RG Overall Ranking

• 2016 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

• 2016 DraftKings FBBWC Finalist

I think it’s an interesting gimmick JBerg but we’ve seen sports stock market games come and go. Just don’t think it would ever reach mass appeal. At least not right now.

• jonnybegoode

I did 1874137, from the blog, I only have played 11 fre leagues in mlbsrt9 and donbst, I don’t have access to other sites this was on a rangers site/blog. texranspprts.com or something I will need to get exact from friend that showed me sunday. I don’t need more if I see11/12 same. I am accountant n=and odds of that with # playrs impossible by chance

• jonnybegoode

they were 17 and 19 noturios and 2seamerheater

• soccer4life1028

@jonnybegoode said…

I did 1874137, from the blog, I only have played 11 fre leagues in mlbsrt9 and donbst, I don’t have access to other sites this was on a rangers site/blog. texranspprts.com or something I will need to get exact from friend that showed me sunday. I don’t need more if I see11/12 same. I am accountant n=and odds of that with # playrs impossible by chance

Yes some of us also know how to do statistics and the odds of that happening without them talking about their players are very low. I talk to my brother every day about who he likes and why he likes them. Sometimes we end up with a team that is almost identical because he or I have very sound reasoning behind our picks that night. Do you think this is unfair?

• jonnybegoode

well u saw the league and lineups u think it was fair 17 and 19 same or not

• stlcardinals84

Leading RG Analyst

RG Overall Ranking

Jonny —

I am on Grinders Live quite a bit, which is a show devoted to giving picks and advice for the night.

This greatly increases the chance that someone will end up with an identical lineup as me on a given night. I’m just telling you that it won’t happen consistently. Same with Notorious.

This is a great community. I encourage you to stop using the combative attitude and see what rotogrinders can do to help you out.

• jbergey

@db730 said…

I think it’s an interesting gimmick JBerg but we’ve seen sports stock market games come and go. Just don’t think it would ever reach mass appeal. At least not right now.

I would agree. They had this on starstreet but the activity was very limited. People would need to commit to doing it before it could ever become a success.

Also, with what is being said here it is kind of up to the sites to figure out the “hot plays” and eventually try and predict where the flaws may be in their salary structure so they dont have so many obvious plays. A huge reason many of the top players will have similar lineups is because they may be able to find them 1 or 2 really cheap bargain plays so they can afford the more obvious expensive plays. The sites do ok with this considering injuries but sometimes things fall through. Every player that was over 20 percent owned last week and site needs to look at that player and ask themselves why. I think DS has the sharpest salaries but they just need to set their minimum salary a bit higher so in case of injury things dont get out of wack.

• soccer4life1028

I think its fair, if you don’t like the fact that they have similar LU play at a different site.. There are plenty out there

• Notorious

Lead RG Analyst

RG Overall Ranking

• 2013 FanDuel WFBBC Finalist

All right guys,

Figured I’d come on and explain my side of things since as Ethan put it “Things have escalated quickly!”

I put a lot of time and effort into what I do. I share picks, strategy, and lineup advice every single day on RotoGrinders. I do it because I love the industry and I love to help new players out.

Now, let’s get to the league in question where myself and 2Seamheater had similar lineups. For the record, 2Seamheater is my brother-in-law and is a huge baseball fan. He is new to the industry and just started playing this year. I have helped him learn the in and outs of daily fantasy sports and what it takes to win. Much like soccer4life said, each day we will talk through which players we like and will often end up with common players. It’s a good way to bounce ideas off of each other. It’s not any different than me talking lineups with anyone on RG. We make sure to avoid using the same lineups and on that occasion, the lineups were probably too close for comfort and I will agree with that.

As a couple of other people mentioned, anyone that played basketball on DS last year knew that me and a couple buddies would sometimes use the same lineups. Heck, I even had my lineup posted everyday here on RG. However, as I’ve gotten more involved in the industry, I’ve realized that this doesn’t help the industry and I will no longer be doing that.

For the record, I do not condone lineup sharing. That said, talking strategy with people is how you get better and I’ve always tried to help new players in the industry.

• dncolonna

Let me get this straight. You play for two weeks and notice two teams with a 17th and 19th place finish have the same lineup so you think the entire industry is a scam?

Instead of looking at in a negative light you should look at the lineups and try and figure out why those guys made those decisions and played the same people. It will make you a better player.

This community is great for “regular” guys who don’t have the time to spend pouring over stats and match ups. The guys who do are generous enough to share their insights, to blindly accuse some of them of collusion is just flat out irresponsible.

At the end of the day it always comes down to the same point. Whether you are playing a H2H GPP or 50/50, we all have the same salary requirements and player pool. Put a better team out there then the guy you are playing and you will win. Period.

• FantasyTime69

There needs to be some rule in place to prevent people from sharing lineups. I’m sure it wouldn’t be too hard to code some auto detection software that can at least alert the site certain people are constantly sharing lineups again and again.

It just isn’t good for the game and the growth of the game. Sharing lineups is like phil ivey being able to share his massive edge to his buddys and now you have to find a way to beat 10 phil iveys at once.

Very glad to hear notorious shed some light on exactly what happen during nba season and what will happen in the future. I hated seeing 10 guys in a 5 dollar doubleup with the same +ev lineup. And here I am struggling to break even.

• tipandpick

• 2016 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

• 2014 FAFC Champion

@Notorious said…

All right guys,

Figured I’d come on and explain my side of things since as Ethan put it “Things have escalated quickly!”

I put a lot of time and effort into what I do. I share picks, strategy, and lineup advice every single day on RotoGrinders. I do it because I love the industry and I love to help new players out.

Now, let’s get to the league in question where myself and 2Seamheater had similar lineups. For the record, 2Seamheater is my brother-in-law and is a huge baseball fan. He is new to the industry and just started playing this year. I have helped him learn the in and outs of daily fantasy sports and what it takes to win. Much like soccer4life said, each day we will talk through which players we like and will often end up with common players. It’s a good way to bounce ideas off of each other. It’s not any different than me talking lineups with anyone on RG. We make sure to avoid using the same lineups and on that occasion, the lineups were probably too close for comfort and I will agree with that.

As a couple of other people mentioned, anyone that played basketball on DS last year knew that me and a couple buddies would sometimes use the same lineups. Heck, I even had my lineup posted everyday here on RG. However, as I’ve gotten more involved in the industry, I’ve realized that this doesn’t help the industry and I will no longer be doing that.

For the record, I do not condone lineup sharing. That said, talking strategy with people is how you get better and I’ve always tried to help new players in the industry.

Thanks for setting the record straight, Notorious…

I don’t think anybody has a problem with discussing strategy, value, and player selection; in fact, most of us are here because of what you and others provide the RG community.

That said, I’m glad to hear that you came to realize that entering identical lineups with friends is only harmful to the industry. Your honesty is refreshing.

• Galante118

• Blogger of the Month

This thread is ridiculous lol. First of all, just throwing out the names of the top players and saying they all share line ups is fuckin absurd. Do some people share information? of course. Your on a site DESIGNED for that. Funny thing is, if your here, your probably checking out there picks and using some. So your “sharing” line ups. Give me a break dude. Its seriously pathetic how much your getting your panties in a bunch.

Match up blocker prevents them from playing each other, and if their smart they steer clear of each other. I dont play Dink, Birdwings, or any of the other top guys because its -EV. Guess what, that’s why they don’t play each other either.

There is no “super team” researching countless hours, one position, and combining to form a invincible line up.

If your too oblivious to realize that everyone shares information or uses information from others (including you) then its a shame for the rest of us that your leaving the player pool.

There is nothing to do to prevent this. Its not as rampant as you DS chat trolls seem to think it is, and that’s the first thing you need to wake up and realize. You all complain you cant win because their “cheating.” Maybe you just suck? Ive more then tripled my deposit on DS and certainly don’t have access to the top players line ups. Put the work in, and you’ll be rewarded, but for my bankrolls sake, keep dumping money blindly and bitching.

And might i add… BOOM.

• FastPointScores

I don’t have much to say, me personally even though I am not one of the top players in DS, I don’t have any problem with what others are doing, including if they have a few friends that put together to have the same lineup. I don’t know anyone of DS, physically and I twice so far I saw people that I have the same lineup with. It’s possible with all of us that it can happen, also for sure a few friends will have the same lineup specially with all those blogs out there are telling you what they think and who they think will do great and why. If they are a few friends that are doing that, well as long as it is not illegal then, I don’t see any wrong with it. First time actually checking this site, I guess I will be here a lil bit more like at the end of the week, lol. I am gonna start my own blogging site too, I need some of that dear presidents.

• travs424

notorious, do you think it is fair that 2seamheater new to the industry gets to play the same lineup as a guy who has been doing this for years, make your own lineups. your not helping him learn anything other then how to copy and paste your lineup

• nymjjb

the real question here is the same person having multiple accounts

• whits23

2010 FFFC Finalist, 2010 DFBC Finalist, 2011 FFFC Finalist, 2014 DSBC Finalist

• x2

2010 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

• 2011 FanDuel WFBC Finalist

i am waiting for the first honest person to just say..yes i share lineups and this is who i share them with..now what?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).