Monday May 4 to Wednesday May 6
    54 hole tourney @ The Legacy Golf Resort in Phoenix

• monarch

I chose poorly

• Money0227

@monarch said...

I chose poorly

Haha

There are guys tearing this course up and my guys are 20 holes in without a single birdie from any of them.

• smonger19

Dang, looks like Noah Hofman didn’t show up.

https://twitter.com/outlawgolftour/status/1257312298919579649

Noah’s reply says that he didn’t know he was still in the field.

• joephoto

@smonger19 said...

WHAT !!! his tee time was 6:32 am !!

I’m outta this tour.

• ifthethunder

Congrats to the Blakes.
    ~

• lfn1992

It says Gurska got a double eagle – is that correct???

• titanhawks

@lfn1992 said...

571 yard par 5

GST shows him with a 2

• Felixxberg

• 2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• 2019 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

@smonger19 said...

$111 in the trash before it’s even started…

• ifthethunder

@lfn1992 said...

I have Colton Yates in one of my 3 lineups. That’s all I got, today.

P.S. LFN, do you want to put up round 2? DK has pricing out already. I’ll do it…if I have to. (Seems like every time I do, I get my butt smacked, but maybe that’s just recency bias.)
    ~

• jeffgo33

Interesting that Blake Cannon started on 10, then birdied 18, 1, 2, but at the moment is not being credited with three birdies in a row, because it’s probably reading his card as though he went in the other direction. So that’s five points waiting to be added there.

• titanhawks

Eddie Olson was not my best choice today

Had a 7.00 Birdie Average in three rounds prior

two birdies, six bogeys, one double and one triple today

Picanso will take over the BA lead with nine birdies today

• monarch

Slattery crushed me. BOFR -5 through 16 then bogies final two holes

• Kingspark35

@Felixxberg said...

DK really doesn’t respect Carson Roberts for whatever reason! He’s still $7K with nice odds.

They’re respecting him a tad more in round 2.

• NiamLeeson

smonger19 and Felixxberg,

This nonsense with Noah Hofman happened to me too. I had him in two $333 lineups and five $33 lineups. I asked DraftKings for a refund and they are trying to tell me that it was my fault. I’ve had refunds issued by DraftKings a few times in the past for times that I screwed up, not the other way around. This was their mistake, they must acknowledge that and issue refunds to those who ask. They tried to act like this was the same as a pitcher getting scratched before his start but that is complete nonsense. In golf, the players in the player pool are EXPECTED to play. In sports like MLB, NFL, or NBA, its understood that you can draft non-starters, and you do that at your own risk. I had a total of $831 invested in Hofman, and considering the amount I play on there, DraftKings should make things right.

• lexmarke238

@NiamLeeson said...

I had a total of $831 invested in Hofman

You had more invested in Hofman than Hofman did in himself. Bad situation for DK DFSers, especially since the tour gave Hofman a refund!

• NiamLeeson

@lexmarke238 said...

@NiamLeeson said…

You had more invested in Hofman than Hofman did in himself. Bad situation for DK DFSers, especially since the tour gave Hofman a refund!

I know right! Still waiting for DraftKings to reply.

• Felixxberg

@Kingspark35 said...

They’re respecting him a tad more in round 2.

Finally!

• Felixxberg

@NiamLeeson said...

I know right! They ended up making things right and refunded me for the contests. Good on them.

Nice! I’ll ask too!

• NiamLeeson

@Felixxberg said...

Nice! I’ll ask too!

Correction…this was for a Rocket League contest they paid out incorrectly. I thought this was the golf refund. Still waiting on that.

• Krausehouse

• 2020 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

@monarch said...

Slattery crushed me. BOFR -5 through 16 then bogies final two holes

Same. That was Gut wrenching…

• Felixxberg

@NiamLeeson said...

Correction…this was for a Rocket League contest they paid out incorrectly. I thought this was the golf refund. Still waiting on that.

I asked, and I got their “go to” answer. It’s very frustrating for sure, but at the same time, it’s no one’s mistake. No bet site knew, and even the tour itself didn’t know, according to their tweets. Bet sites always refund bets when a player doesn’t play, but I understand that DK is different.

I would have pushed harder if my lineup was close to the cut line, but I was far and might have not cashed anyway. I would have needed a big score from my 6th guy. My lineup would have been different though, so who knows.

DK credited me with a few tickets. They are far from what I lost today, but like I said, there’s a fair chance that I wouldn’t have cashed anyway, so I’ll take it.

Good luck! I would definitely be more pissed if I played as much as you did!

• BIF

@NiamLeeson said...

smonger19 and Felixxberg,

This nonsense with Noah Hofman happened to me too. I had him in two $333 lineups and five $33 lineups. I asked DraftKings for a refund and they are trying to tell me that it was my fault. I’ve had refunds issued by DraftKings a few times in the past for times that I screwed up, not the other way around. This was their mistake, they must acknowledge that and issue refunds to those who ask. They tried to act like this was the same as a pitcher getting scratched before his start but that is complete nonsense. In golf, the players in the player pool are EXPECTED to play. In sports like MLB, NFL, or NBA, its understood that you can draft non-starters, and you do that at your own risk. I had a total of $831 invested in Hofman, and considering the amount I play on there, DraftKings should make things right.

While I sympathize with anyone who gets burned on a player WD’ing after lock (and in this case, a player no-showing), I also don’t think that DK should take the financial hit (revenue loss) for something out of their control.

If the player who no-showed was 30+% owned, would really expect DK to go from making 15%ish profit (rake) to a 15% loss as they refunded everyone who picked a valid player with a tee time at lock ?

Again, I sympathize with you and I’ve been burned by multiple WD’s after lock or ones that don’t get reported until after lock. Now If DK truly said it was “your fault” that is not the correct thing to say or very comforting either given your level of play. I’m assuming you have a VIP rep and what I’d suggest is contacting them and they will probably comp you a couple tickets but I doubt you’ll get cash refunded. That has worked for me in the past when I’ve had some issues.

• NiamLeeson

@Felixxberg said...

I asked, and I got their “go to” answer. It’s very frustrating for sure, but at the same time, it’s no one’s mistake. No bet site knew, and even the tour itself didn’t know, according to their tweets. Bet sites always refund bets when a player doesn’t play, but I understand that DK is different.

I would have pushed harder if my lineup was close to the cut line, but I was far and might have not cashed anyway. I would have needed a big score from my 6th guy. My lineup would have been different though, so who knows.

DK credited me with a few tickets. They are far from what I lost today, but like I said, there’s a fair chance that I wouldn’t have cashed anyway, so I’ll take it.

Good luck! I would definitely be more pissed if I played as much as you did!

I am glad you were able to get something out of them. I spoke to a supervisor at DraftKings and they would not budge and didn’t offer me tickets either. The guy I spoke to even had the gall to tell me that Hofman “decided not to play”, which couldn’t be farther from the truth. I get that DraftKings didn’t know this either, but after the Outlaw Tour settled the misunderstanding with Hofman the least DraftKings could do is settle it amicably with longtime and loyal players who asked them about it. I would have cashed with literally any other golfer in my player exposure pool, but that’s not what I’m most mad about. I’m mad about how DraftKings actually said to me that this is like a “scratch”, which it absolutely isn’t. They also told me about the inherent risk in drafting players not starting, which is also not an apt comparison. That would hold true for sports which can substitute guys in and out but not for golf. Where is the integrity?

• NiamLeeson

@BIF said...

While I sympathize with anyone who gets burned on a player WD’ing after lock (and in this case, a player no-showing), I also don’t think that DK should take the financial hit (revenue loss) for something out of their control.

If the player who no-showed was 30+% owned, would really expect DK to go from making 15%ish profit (rake) to a 15% loss as they refunded everyone who picked a valid player with a tee time at lock ?

Again, I sympathize with you and I’ve been burned by multiple WD’s after lock or ones that don’t get reported until after lock. Now If DK truly said it was “your fault” that is not the correct thing to say or very comforting either given your level of play. I’m assuming you have a VIP rep and what I’d suggest is contacting them and they will probably comp you a couple tickets but I doubt you’ll get cash refunded. That has worked for me in the past when I’ve had some issues.

I totally understand those two situations but this is an exception as Hofman was not a withdrawal or a scratch…he should not have been in the pool to begin with. In actuality, he was never slated to play, which is beyond both of those eventualities.

• eruthruff

I feel your pain, Felixxberg.

When your player withdraws before the tournament starts, why doesn’t DK just “auto-draft” someone else for you at contest lock (for example, randomly pick among the players with the highest salary that fits your lineup)? It’s easy to program and seems more fair to me than an auto-loss.

I could see an argument that if the auto-drafted guy earned negative points, people would complain. But so then they just ask you to click a button to enable auto-draft.

Or you could argue that the current approach, by introducing randomness, gives more players a chance. Then again, maybe it actually hurts the casual player, who is less informed then dagodfather, wakeywakey, empiremaker, awesemo and the rest.

P.S. In R1, switched at the last minute to Blake Cannon. That worked out well, obviously, but I might swerve the other way in round 2, even though his price dropped by 100. I just think it’s hard to be the guy in the lead. Also, he might start playing more cautiously.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).