PGA FORUM

Comments

• BIF

Monday May 4 to Wednesday May 6
    54 hole tourney @ The Legacy Golf Resort in Phoenix

• ifthethunder

@titanhawks said...

Mine yesterday was 400 crowns to play a $20+ contest which was the biggest one I’ve gotten yet

Probably depends on how much you spend over time

Mine are usually around 100 for a $3+, 150 for $5+ 200 for $8+; somewhere around those lines which is the range I usually play but I’m playing alot more $10 now with nothing else going on I want to play

Thank you. I was doing the $3 (and all the others) each day, they dropped me to down to a quarter for no reason. Which makes it impossible to get to a decent level (especially since I missed one day of esports somehow…29 of 30 does not get the 5,000 crowns). I guess I’ll have to whine.
    ~

• titanhawks

Daniel Hudson is my man-crush for the day; hadn’t played him before but nine birdies and an eagle over two days for $7800 made two of three LU’s today:)

• ifthethunder

@titanhawks said...

Daniel Hudson is my man-crush for the day; hadn’t played him before but nine birdies and an eagle over two days for $7800 made two of three LU’s today:)

I made three lineups as well. Went with Reimers and Trevor Lampson in two. For the third I dropped Hans for Spencer Fletcher and Lampson for Jeremy Paul.
    ~

• titanhawks

I have Andrew Funk in all three, Hudson and Fryer in two then smattered nine players once each trying to cover everything

• ifthethunder

Neil Johnson is making a statement. He wasn’t on my radar today, but people did pick him.
    ~

• NiamLeeson

@ifthethunder said...

Question about DK missions: They’ve got me on a rotation of $1 for 30 crowns, $1 for 15 crowns, 25 cents for 10 crowns. I used to have a $3 mission for 100 crowns instead of the 25 center. Are other people getting different?
    ~

They are tailored to what you specifically play on a regular basis. Mine are usually $100+ for 1,000+ crowns, it seems to just be an algorithm that is related to your play style.

• titanhawks

I’m watching this on the Outlaw Tour twitter and wondering (probably a BIF question)

If not for the covid would these guys usually walk with caddies?

• NiamLeeson

@titanhawks said...

I’m watching this on the Outlaw Tour twitter and wondering (probably a BIF question)

As far as I know, this is a caddy-less tour and players carry their own clubs. I could be wrong though.

• titanhawks

Or I guess it could be optional

Also; love the way Levi sticks his finger in front of the camera to show where the ball is lol

• ifthethunder

@NiamLeeson said...

As far as I know, this is a caddy-less tour and players carry their own clubs. I could be wrong though.

I read some article where Cejka mentioned that his wife caddied for him. Might still have it in url memory…

https://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/sports-columns/brian-hurlburt/local-golfers-work-to-stay-sharp-during-pandemic-2019812/
    ~

• titanhawks

DK has contests starting to pop up for the Scottsdale Open next Tuesday :)

• titanhawks

https://www.scottsdaleazopen.com

• titanhawks

Marshall three bogies in a row after getting to -6 dammit

• ifthethunder

@titanhawks said...

Marshall three bogies in a row after getting to -6 dammit

Marshall and Picanso are letting me down in 2 of 3.

P.S. Actually Marshall isn’t the problem. Problem is I thought I had Hans Reimers in 2 of 3, and I do. But I also have Scott Fletcher in 2 of 3. I guess I played myself.
    ~

• titanhawks

Picanso with a streak :)

• ifthethunder

@titanhawks said...

Picanso with a streak :)

Two of my three lineups cashed, Marshall was MVP, closely followed by Picanso and Jeremy Paul.

Onto next week!
    ~

• BIF

@titanhawks said...

The only caddies on most of these mini-tours are a few friends or college teammates as most events don’t pay enough to justify covering a caddie – you’ll see the odd caddie and a few guys pushing carts but mostly like the Periscope coverage, it’s a lot of guys carrying their own bag.

When you step up to the Canadian Tour (and I’m assuming the LatinAmerica Tour), everyone has a caddie but very few players have full time caddies. Again, the economics of paying enough to allow the caddie to get from city to city just isn’t there so some players will have buddies caddie for a few events not too far apart or else for a few weeks as a “summer vacation” trip but mostly these guys pick up a new caddie in each city and the tournament host usually advertises for local caddies a few months in advance. I’ve caddied in a few events over the years – fun being inside the ropes but if you don’t gel personality wise with the player, it’s a long 3-6 days (tourney and a practice round or two) without much conversation. I had a guy once finish 5th so that was cool being in the hunt heading to the back nine on Sunday.

• titanhawks

I had Fryer go +3 in two LU’s and my third LU got show-up points so no good for this round

Ready for Scottsdale

162 players, three rounds, cut to top 50+ties

PGA Players entered besides our regular GST and OT guys

Joel Dahmen
    Alex Cejka
    Nate Lashley
    J.J. Spaun
    Colt Knost
    Kevin Streelman
    Kirk Triplett

• eruthruff

Wow. Those are some nice additions and should make it interesting. So far, I’d say that the top mini-tour players have held their own against the lower tier PGA tour players. I’m not sure there’s much difference, at least not on relatively easy courses. And some of the tour pros might be a little rusty.

I don’t think I can play Lashley in any contest over $1 given how many times he’s burned me by WD’ing.

• titanhawks

I’ll be looking over the last couple years results for course history as well as recent form the last month

I expect to lean more towards the recent guys as I agree about rusty pros but round by round is gonna be tough with this many players

Could you imagine the cutsweat and 6/6 percentage going from 162 to 50?

• ifthethunder

@titanhawks said...

Could you imagine the cutsweat and 6/6 percentage going from 162 to 50?

I wish I could, but it doesn’t look like DK is going to give us the option.
    ~

• ifthethunder

“As we’ve mentioned in the past, we are unable to offer Classic contests for tournaments that do not align with the Classic contest format (4 rounds).” – DK

I didn’t realize this had already been answered. I don’t much like the answer, but that is what it is.
    ~

• BIF

@ifthethunder said...

“As we’ve mentioned in the past, we are unable to offer Classic contests for tournaments that do not align with the Classic contest format (4 rounds).” – DK

I didn’t realize this had already been answered. I don’t much like the answer, but that is what it is.
    ~

That’s bullshit – what happens if a round was washed out and only ended up being 3 rounds ?

They need to churn rake daily and that’s all they are doing – there are many ways to make their system work for a 3 round tourney (and I’m sure it does already).

• BIF

I opened up a thread for the Scottsdale Open

• monarch

I don’t think the appetite is there for a three round tourney and three rounds of showdown. In my opinion they would have to make Day 1 showdown which is 50k to 1st this week smaller if they listed a full three round contest.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.