RSD FORUM

Comments

• OrionStarz

These sites are useless, I owned RotoQL for $29.99 a month this past fall what a waste of money. For whatever greedy reason I wanted to give Rotogrinder a chance and after today that won’t happen. Why, (1) because Miami ranked up 22 runs against Darvish who these so called experts liked. The Royals score 16 do these guys suggest any of the hitters that did all the damage. NO. (2) This site wants to charge people $29.99 a mo. just for Drartking information and the same for Fanduel. One price should work for all.

• Roma315

Welcome to DFS baseball sometimes good pitchers get rocked…

• hautalak

There’s been a lot of whiny posts but this one is close to the top. It’s baseball shit happens. Just because you paid for a service you expect to win every night?

Edit: I do agree that DK and FD should be combined for the RG package. For what it’s worth I have never paid for any sort of DFS subscription and probably never will.

• bigez952

I am always curious how people could actually make money playing DFS if they spend $300-$1000 a year on premium content from sites in addition to the high rake that is already taken by the sites. You would have to play a high volume and be successful at it just to break even. That being said without help from premium content over the long run it makes it very hard to compete since everyone seems to have good information now and the average joe who works all day is at a big disadvantage if they don’t buy any add on packages to help consulate the player pool.

• spades4085

• sochoice

• 2017 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

• 2017 FanDuel WFFC Champion

I am sure your abysmal results yesterday had nothing to do with your own research. Do you actually do anything yourself or do you rely completely on others’ work?

• bigez952

@hautalak said...

There’s been a lot of whiny posts but this one is close to the top. It’s baseball shit happens. Just because you paid for a service you expect to win every night?

I always love people who bitch about not winning after paying for a premium subscription to something saying it is junk. With the rake system that DK and FD have there is only about 10-15% of total users that actually win long term and I would guess that more than 10-15% of total players subscribe to something. This means that it is impossible to expect to win by just subscribing to a service. It may help you get better and lose your money slower but for sure won’t guarantee your immediately going to be rich and never lose again when 1000 other people your playing against are subscribing to the same service..

• hautalak

@bigez952 said...

I always love people who bitch about not winning after paying for a premium subscription to something saying it is junk. With the rake system that DK and FD have there is only about 10-15% of total users that actually win long term and I would guess that more than 10-15% of total players subscribe to something. This means that it is impossible to expect to win by just subscribing to a service. It may help you get better and lose your money slower but for sure won’t guarantee your immediately going to be rich and never lose again when 1000 other people your playing against are subscribing to the same service..

For sure. I usually don’t say much to other people about what they do but this one was too ridiculous. It’s like this person doesn’t know a thing about sports period.

• flip4flop

Dont use the premium services. Use the free research tools and understand why plays are good plays. Once you identify that you can make the correct plays day after day after day. Do that for a few months and you win or may lose. Variance is MLB and all DFS is a bitch. Paying for content does not guarantee results.

• emac

@OrionStarz said...

These sites are useless, I owned RotoQL for $29.99 a month this past fall what a waste of money. For whatever greedy reason I wanted to give Rotogrinder a chance and after today that won’t happen. Why, (1) because Miami ranked up 22 runs against Darvish who these so called experts liked. The Royals score 16 do these guys suggest any of the hitters that did all the damage. NO. (2) This site wants to charge people $29.99 a mo. just for Drartking information and the same for Fanduel. One price should work for all.

One day is incredibly hard to get a read on something and baseball is definitely something that has some wild swings/outcomes because it is what is considered an “event based sport” and there are so few events (i.e. most batters have 3-4 chances to do something and the entire pitching staff is going to typically face 35-40 hitters).

PGA is similar with the cut having players lose potentially half of their overall opportunities and with NASCAR wrecks can happen at any time in the front (hi Kyle/Truex), middle or back of the pack, heck they can even get in trouble in the relative safety of Pit Road.

While I did not read the content yesterday, it would seem like a bit of a stretch that someone would have recommended Yu Darvish (without some qualifying language) when it was going to be 95+ at game time, his popularity was nil in his last matchup and there is still a slight chance that the Rangers would take it easy with him if they really are serious about putting him on the trade block (of course in fine Texas fashion they let him get his ass kicked).

The most important purpose of trials is to help give the potential subscriber a look at the various content offerings so they can get a baseline of what the site has to offer and determine if it is a worthwhile expenditure.

Focus on seeing if the information helps you improve your game and most importantly does it help you save some time by laying out some of the basic research groundwork for you as a nice baseline starting point.

Lastly, don’t listen to the majority of the knuckleheads who are piling in on this thread, they are just cranky because they are likely losing as well.

New flash, Daily Fantasy Sports are not “easy” and we are at a point in the year where it is mostly the really good players left, much like the post-All Star Break period for NBA when it is incredibly difficult to create competitive lineups on a nightly basis with SOOOOOOO many good gamers in the mix and SOOOOOOO much available information.

Good Luck Orion and keep the right mindset, DFS is a lot of fun if you allow it to be!

EMac

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.