CBB FORUM

Comments

• Ethan

DraftKings Rep

Grinders NCAA Bracket Contest – Cash, T-Shirts and DK Swag

Naturally there’s a ton of excitement this time of year to do some tournament brackets, so we’re throwing together a free-to-enter bracket contest with some pretty sweet prizes. The bracket will be hosted on Yahoo, and as always be sure to follow the guidelines to qualify for prizes.

Here are the prizes:

1st Place – $50 (credited to your DraftKings account), RG T-Shirt, DK Hoodie, Hat and Hot Sauce
    2nd Place – RG T-Shirt, DK Hoodie, Hat and Hot Sauce
    3rd-5th Place – RG T-Shirt, DK Hat and DK Hot Sauce
    6th-10th Place – RG T-Shirt

JOIN THE RG BRACKET CHALLENGE HERE

Rules

1) Max One Entry Per User
    2) You MUST enter your RotoGrinders Username as your team name to qualify for prizes!!

To change your team name on Yahoo, go to your bracket and hit the gadget button shown in the image below:

You can change your team name on that page

3) If you finish first, you must have your DraftKings Username in your RG Profile so we can credit your account.
    4) Ties based on regular tiebreaker rules for the NCAA brackets (championship game score).
    5) Further ties and we’ll send out a couple extra RG T-Shirts.

JOIN THE RG BRACKET CHALLENGE HERE

Good luck everyone!

• fightingjohn

It is all about the Hot Sauce!!!!

• Jordan10293

Aren’t there problems going on with the brackets on Yahoo?

• bono6699

why the hell do you have to put in your mobile number????

• jecarl2

my account is deactivated, not giving them my cell #. Plus my RG screen name has already been taken. Oh well

• sabresrock29

Watch I’ll get this one perfect and not the billion one

• RU18QT

• Blogger of the Month

yeah, it kind of sucks that if you change your name for the RG pool you have to use that name for your other pools. You can’t have different bracket names

• RU18QT

• Blogger of the Month

@sabresrock29 said…

Watch I’ll get this one perfect and not the billion one

no you wont

• RU18QT

• Blogger of the Month

not to mention that quicken loans will be bugging you and sending you crap for years if you do sign up for the perfect bracket challenge

• DevonD9

@RU18QT said…

not to mention that quicken loans will be bugging you and sending you crap for years if you do sign up for the perfect bracket challenge

That’s when you mark the email as spam. =P

• hambazaza

RG Blog Program Manager, 2014 RG Party Beer Pong Champion

• Blogger of the Month

• Beer Pong Champion

@DevonD9 said…

That’s when you mark the email as spam. =P

then you’ll never find out if you get the super secret 2nd place prize!

• RU18QT

• Blogger of the Month

you have to provide a phone number and address. You could put down fake stuff but then you’re not eligible for any of the prizes if you win. Sneaky little shits, aren’t they.

• mikedabomb22n1

Great idea guys, but yes sadly yahoo wants everybody’s mobile phone # now in order ot register. I sent my contest to cbssports because none of my friends (myself included) wanted to give them my #. If you guys run it there instead of yahoo due to the odd demand of a mobile # in order to play, count me in!

Good luck to all who play!

• Ethan

DraftKings Rep

CBS shows players full names, which to me seems like a larger invasion of privacy. It’s a free contest, so if you want to enter it’s not costing you anything to have a chance at the t-shirts, cash or DK gear.

FWIW, I submitted my phone number through Yahoo’s security check awhile back and have never seen them use it for anything.

• dedlata

Just get a Google Voice number for free. It will forward any calls to your cell phone you want. Also, you can block numbers or stop call forwarding and just have voice mails sent to your email account.

Edit: Also, I think there is an app called Burner that does similar things, but it charges you after a certain amount of texts or calls. Google Voice is completely free

• bono6699

i had the code come to my phone, used it, then replied back text “STOP” to stop receiving any more messages from them.

• jimfred82

• Blogger of the Month

yahoo has had my phone number for years, had to do it to become a manager for something. literally, the only time they’ve sent me anything was for the confirmation numbers. but hey, less people to beat if less people sign up!

also, you guys realize you’re going to get spam texts from random numbers no matter what, right?

• fadein34

I was just telling a buddy last night… cbssportsline is good for one thing and one thing only… that’s where you play your NCAA brackets.

GL to those that were able to register.

• Dearth_Slader

Cell number aside, I’m in. Hot Sauce for the win!!!

• sabresrock29

@jimfred82 said…

yahoo has had my phone number for years, had to do it to become a manager for something. literally, the only time they’ve sent me anything was for the confirmation numbers. but hey, less people to beat if less people sign up!

also, you guys realize you’re going to get spam texts from random numbers no matter what, right?

I also have never received any spam

• ActionJunkie

Wonder why some are and some aren’t showing up on leaderboard? Patience, I suppose?

But, thanks for doing this – really wanting one of those sweet DK hats!

• ActionJunkie

@ActionJunkie said…

Wonder why some are and some aren’t showing up on leaderboard? Patience, I suppose?

But, thanks for doing this – really wanting one of those sweet DK hats!

Looks like leaderboard working for everyone now… cool…

• CruzinToVictory

RG Product Coordinator

• Blogger of the Month

I went a bit off the wall for this bracket and had Wichita State and Syracuse in the finals. Safe to say I’m done here!

• jimfred82

• Blogger of the Month

i’m really disappointed, as this will seriously hinder my yahoo fantasy sports profile win percentage…

• fightingjohn

I am still going strong. Picking the early upsets has me near the leaders.

• sabresrock29

I’m still in 5 of the 8 sweet 16 games and my final four is still standing but most likely out of it

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).