BANKROLL FORUM

Comments

• BradfordEra

Hello everyone,

I am trying to be a cash game player and I was wondering if anyone had an opinion on which cash game contests were the best for building a bankroll. I had it in my head that the way to go would be 50/50’s and H2H’s. But of course I am no expert so I was wondering if anyone had any insight or tips on which contests would be best for building a bankroll over time.

Thank you in advance

• tooltime

I think you should try both and see we which one you do better in and/or enjoy playing more. Some people or better at one over the other. I prefer double ups, the cash line is very close to 50/50s. When I cash in a 50/50 I still feel like I lost $. When you play 50/50s you will see many teams and people who play lineups they buy. Alot of them also post h2hs. See what ones you are beating in the 50/50s & take their h2hs.

• DomTwan

H2Hs are the best way to reduce variance.

• slcseas

Rake is a fair bit higher on the DUs and 50/50s. In general I would say avoid them until you are feeling confident and can take on more action.

• VChair23

RG Overall Ranking

I prefer 50/50s and double ups. I think it will come down to personal choice, play whatever you’ll enjoy the most or whatever you have the most success in.

• CleverGroom

@slcseas said...

Rake is a fair bit higher on the DUs and 50/50s. In general I would say avoid them until you are feeling confident and can take on more action.

Rake shouldn’t be any different from H2H on 50/50s: 10%. A lot of the higher buy-in 50/50s are lower than 10%, in fact.

The point is fair with multipliers like double-ups. Unless you have a strong personal preference, I’d give my blessing to play any H2Hs or 50/50s that you’d like. Smaller buy-ins are safer from sharks, so don’t be afraid to stay low if you’re relatively small-time like me. Less incentive to waste time with $1 contests when you’re betting five or six figures a week.

I mostly play H2H on DK, where you can post up to 50 at a time in any given denomination, and limit the number that each opponent can take to 1. That way, you wind up with a wide range of opponent scores, and you should still be able to win some of your games if you bust down to a 25th percentile score. It’s easier to wind up with $0 if you put that one rotten lineup into a bunch of 50/50s instead. Conversely, if you put up a 75th percentile score, you may lose a few H2Hs that would’ve been cashes in 50/50s, but you’ll still cash enough to profit. It’s a good strategy to minimize risk, albeit at the expense of some upside. You’d be playing GPPs if all you wanted was a big score, right?

Note that you still need to average better than the 55th percentile if you’re going to profit at H2H. Sooner or later, the rake will beggar anybody who’s average or below.

• slcseas

@CleverGroom said...

Rake shouldn’t be any different from H2H on 50/50s: 10%.

True for 50/50s I suppose, though they are almost non-existent now on DK. So few compared to DUs available. Wouldn’t be surprised if they are totally gone soon.

NFL double ups raking 13% on DK.

• Inujv87

im mainly a cash game player and play strictly 50/50s no H2Hs.

While it’s more absolute in the sense of profit or lose your buy-in, I feel like knowing how the field will play benefits you a lot more in 50/50s since your only goal is to finish in the top 50% and is a something that I use to my advantage.

And I obviously never play Double-Ups cause rake is higher so that’s
    -EV in my eyes

• pinstripeblue

point…the $2 Big double up on FD is tough,. the cash line on most nights is well above the cash line for the Shot….probably cause the 100+ multi entry folk running a train cash and suck up many winning spots..

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

• FanDuel

Get 1-month of RotoGrinders Premium for FREE (a ~$40value) by signing up through one of our links!

Learn More
  • DraftKings

Sign up for DraftKings using a RotoGrinders link & receive our DraftKings Premium content FREE for 1 month. That’s a ~$40 value! No DraftKings promo code necessary!

Learn More
  • FantasyDraft

FantasyDraft strives to put players first, with a mission to “provide a fun and fair experience for all.” To this end, the site has a well-built, easy-to-use interface and a the first of its kind in offering “Rake-Free” fantasy contests.

Learn More

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler