MAIN FORUM

Comments

• CrazyGabey

Let me start by saying I AM NOT complaining. (By announcing that though, I will in fact be disappointed if a troll or two does not call me out for complaining.) I had my H2H NHL action scooped by two similar accounts tonight; hein_city and heinousking. Does anyone have any experience with either of these players? The usernames being similar (potentially to avoid game limits) and the lack of total wins on the accounts made me a bit curious. Scooping seems like something a veteran would do, not a new player.

*Do not comment with tin-hat nonsense please.

**I realize the above request will encourage tin-hat nonsense.

• Putz

How similar were their lineups?

Does it matter since some sites promote top players from sharing exact lineups?

• duder500

RG Mod

I can’t wait for this. Thank you in advance Gabey.

• Ross

Hi Gabey!

• JHair

this seems like a reasonable theory

• CrazyGabey

@RRT said...

Hi Gabey!

Well played.

• CrazyGabey

@Putz said...

How similar were their lineups?

Does it matter since some sites promote top players from sharing exact lineups?

The lineups were very similar.

Let me be clear, I have no problem with people sharing lineups. Syndicates, buddies, etc, whatever you want to call it. My concern is that players are creating an account for their grandma, dog, and neighbor so they can bypass the games entered limits.

• CruzinToVictory

RG Product Coordinator

• Blogger of the Month

@CrazyGabey said...

My concern is that players are creating an account for their grandma, dog, and neighbor so they can bypass the games entered limits.

I take offense to this. My dog is a huge Browns fan and just happens to be excellent at DFS.

• emac

@RRT said...

Hi Gabey!

Is it just me or does Gabey seem relatively clean shaven here?

• CrazyGabey

@emac said...

Is it just me or does Gabey seem relatively clean shaven here?

The picture was taken shortly after my yearly shearing.

• CrazyGabey

@CruzinToVictory said...

I take offense to this. My dog is a huge Browns fan and just happens to be excellent at DFS.

+1

• Putz

@CrazyGabey said...

The lineups were very similar.

Let me be clear, I have no problem with people sharing lineups. Syndicates, buddies, etc, whatever you want to call it. My concern is that players are creating an account for their grandma, dog, and neighbor so they can bypass the games entered limits.

Interesting. I guess it is how it is presented and the reality of the situation.

For example, call me Hankdia, and I only play CFB in notoriously high volume. My buddy, Cruzucor0r, only plays NFL in notoriously high volume. So, to increase volume for each of us beyond site limits, I give Cruzincror0r my CFB lineups, changing only the bottom feeder TE, or not, and he gives me his NFL lineups, changing only the bottom feeder defense, or not.

Fast forward. Now, Hankdia, a notoriously high volume CFB DFS player, becomes a notoriously high volume NFS DFS player this week. Similarly, Cruzincror0r, a notoriously high volume NFL DFS player, now becomes a high volume CFB DFS player.

Did each of us all of the sudden learn to play the new sport well in one week, when we obviously have the same, or close to the same, lineups? Are we effectively circumventing game limits by using someone else’s lineup in a sport we previously played very little? Is there a line? Is there a difference?

• tgowen

• Blogger of the Month

I’m trying to figure out how it took NHL H2H’s to get a thread created about this when Condia and 1ucror have been already doing this at the high stakes NBA games on FD and will likely push the limits as much as possible at the lower stakes this season as well.

• First

Everyone knows that no one shares line ups. The skill level is so great in those players it’s almost like they think alike. That must be the only reason they have the same players in the same exact roster spots.

• JBigg23

I’d like to hear what websites do to proactively ensure that users are not creating multi accounts under some other identity. For example, someone could easily register as their father and play. If they are successful on that account: “Hey Dad, I won $20K playing DFS. I just need your info.”

How do you get around that?

• gibby84

@JBigg23 said...

I’d like to hear what websites do to proactively ensure that users are not creating multi accounts under some other identity. For example, someone could easily register as their father and play. If they are successful on that account: “Hey Dad, I won $20K playing DFS. I just need your info.”

How do you get around that?

In past threads, FD reps have already said this acceptable, given that the accounts were tied to different social security numbers.

• winsome

Has anyone heard from KLim?

• JBigg23

@gibby84 said...

In past threads, FD reps have already said this acceptable, given that the accounts were tied to different social security numbers.

I wonder what purpose their “fraud department” serves then. Must be super easy to manipulate the system.

• hein_city

• 2015 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

Hey man, Yeah it is just me and my buddy.
    We both saw that you were a very experienced DFS player but you lacked the wins in Hockey.
    You were obviously confident in your lineup as you had 20, $5 matches so I took 11 and then I told my friend about the solid match-up and he took the other 9 matches. I guess scooping is definitely a great strategy that I put into play every night, but it isn’t something being abused, it’s just a system like any other that works if you can maintain a steady bankroll and play the correct matchups

• RotoLineups

@hein_city said...

Hey man, Yeah it is just me and my buddy.
    We both saw that you were a very experienced DFS player but you lacked the wins in Hockey.
    You were obviously confident in your lineup as you had 20, $5 matches so I took 11 and then I told my friend about the solid match-up and he took the other 9 matches. I guess scooping is definitely a great strategy that I put into play every night, but it isn’t something being abused, it’s just a system like any other that works if you can maintain a steady bankroll and play the correct matchups

I don’t believe this one bit. It’s the relatively soft pricing paired with expert knowledge that allows players to “think alike” when selecting from the same player pool. Lineup sharing does not occur, multiple accounts is prohibited, and similar account names is purely a coincidence.

(*Disclaimer- Please read with extreme sarcasm)

• crimsonp

@Putz said...

Interesting. I guess it is how it is presented and the reality of the situation.

For example, call me Hankdia, and I only play CFB in notoriously high volume. My buddy, Cruzucor0r, only plays NFL in notoriously high volume. So, to increase volume for each of us beyond site limits, I give Cruzincror0r my CFB lineups, changing only the bottom feeder TE, or not, and he gives me his NFL lineups, changing only the bottom feeder defense, or not.

Fast forward. Now, Hankdia, a notoriously high volume CFB DFS player, becomes a notoriously high volume NFS DFS player this week. Similarly, Cruzincror0r, a notoriously high volume NFL DFS player, now becomes a high volume CFB DFS player.

Did each of us all of the sudden learn to play the new sport well in one week, when we obviously have the same, or close to the same, lineups? Are we effectively circumventing game limits by using someone else’s lineup in a sport we previously played very little? Is there a line? Is there a difference?

+1 What’s the different between having your friends sign up and giving them a lineup to use every night to bypass the limits and multi accounting besides the taxing

• IvanCalderon

Sites should ban anyone playing in high stakes H2H games (say 109 and up) to play micro-stakes (anything 10 and less)… I don’t get why a guy like CSURAM88 (random name here not targeting him specifically) would want to scoop up 25 one-dollar H2H vs some random newb when he is also playing 5300$ H2H…. just saying

• HooverPGA

What are the limits?

• winsome

@cf77 said...

Sites should ban anyone playing in high stakes H2H games (say 109 and up) to play micro-stakes (anything 10 and less)… I don’t get why a guy like CSURAM88 (random name here not targeting him specifically) would want to scoop up 25 one-dollar H2H vs some random newb when he is also playing 5300$ H2H…. just saying

Because he’s playing his $530 vs another savvy player and needs the fish to offset his losses

• HooverPGA

Is this site the only place that you can view players performances? What if they don’t have tracking enabled?

• IvanCalderon

@HooverPGA said...

Is this site the only place that you can view players performances? What if they don’t have tracking enabled?

Keep in mind you only see POSITIVE RESULTS – so the more volume you play the more “pts” you get… You could technically have a guy who plays 3 million dollars value and loses half of it be top 20….

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).