STRATEGY FORUM

Comments

• kdjac0434

I ran my numbers for last NBA season. I normally played H2H and 50/50s each day so I think the sample is representative.

H2H 1758 games 59.44% win 6.08% profit
    50/50 1914 games 65.20% win 15.33% profit

My question is, should I bother playing H2H?

• SelfCharmer

Maybe the trick is to game select the H2Hs better? I would look aty my regular opponents and see who is consistently smashing me, reduce my exposure to them.

I also feel this is just because a lot of casual players prefer 50/50s than choosing H2Hs.

Also, if its not taking hardly any time to enter H2Hs, you should keep playing as many as possible – at the end of the day you’re profitable, so stopping them would just cost you money you could have earnt…

• JHols1nger

Upside matters a lot more in H2H than it does in 50/50, you could just be building high floor teams with lower ceilings. There are players (Killab most notably that I can remember) that use different lineups for H2H and 50/50 for this reason.

• SelfCharmer

@JHols1nger said...

Upside matters a lot more in H2H than it does in 50/50

How so?

• awesemo

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #1

RG Tiered Ranking

• x3

2018 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

• 2017 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

Since you’re showing a profit in each I’ll just state the obvious: why not both?

• kdjac0434

I’ve been splitting my money between them. If I have $100 per day I would want to use it in the higher ROI right? $50 in H2H would equal 53.04 but $50 in 50/50s would equal 57.66. So for every $50 in H2H and not in 50/50s I’m losing 4.62.

I realize that at some point you don’t want to risk an amount of money in the all or nothing scenario of lots of 50/50s, but at what point is that?

JHols1nger may be on to my problem. Maybe I’m finishing in the 30-60% range more often than in the top 10% or bottom 10%

• bighop04

The answer to your question is clearly no. You basically just asked, “what is better, having 5% profit or 15% profit?” I think you already know the answer.

• bighop04

@SelfCharmer said...

How so?

Upside matters more because if you finish in the top 40% of h2h and 50/50s, in 50/50s you just won all the money. In h2h you just barely made a profit.

• SelfCharmer

@bighop04 said...

Upside matters more because if you finish in the top 40% of h2h and 50/50s, in 50/50s you just won all the money. In h2h you just barely made a profit.

Makes sense, thanks!

Surely is better to then just reduce H2H, personally i still wouldn’t get rid of them all together as the flip side is you finish in the bottom 30% in H2H and 50/50s. In the H2Hs, you still recouped some money…

• kdjac0434

@SelfCharmer said...

Makes sense, thanks!

Surely is better to then just reduce H2H, personally i still wouldn’t get rid of them all together as the flip side is you finish in the bottom 30% in H2H and 50/50s. In the H2Hs, you still recouped some money…

That has been my thought, but I think (and I think the numbers show it) that I am losing more money on winning nights than I am recouping on the losing nights.

• kdjac0434

@bighop04 said...

The answer to your question is clearly no. You basically just asked, “what is better, having 5% profit or 15% profit?” I think you already know the answer.

I agree. I was trying to see if I was missing out on something.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.