MAIN FORUM

Comments

• BradfordEra

I’ve been a DFS’er for awhile now but only with small amounts of money. For example maybe playing $20 a night. My question for anyone willing to help me out is what to do with this amount of money, so that I may be profitable over the long run. Say 3 months or so. I don’t intend on playing DFS as a job or anything like that. It’s just a hobby. I would just like to hear some opinions from people who have played with a larger bankroll and how they’ve helped see it grow.

Thanks in advance.

• jstevens2k11

IMO I would first start off by keeping your bankroll on Paypal and only depositing what youre playing with that day/week. From there I would encourage playing single entry or 3-max GPPs if you’re a GPP player, but you have to know it can be lost quickly, OR play 50/50s & cash games but know the bankroll build can be slow & boring. Ive personally had more success with GPPs than Cash Games but I almost exclusively play PGA & NFL, and from time to time throw in a MLB lineup or something else

• Njsum1

$2,000 isn’t a large enough bankroll where you’d have to adjust any strategies just to get extra money in play. So if you were successful playing $20 per night, just do what you were doing with a $100 per night. No need to change much of anything as you can still play the same contests at the same buy in levels. Just play a few more. You don’t need to move up in buy in or start max entering, just to get more money in play. Just play more at the same levels and if you were successful before, you should be successful now. Good luck

• PigskinaBlanket

RG Overall Ranking

• x3

2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• x2

2016 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

@Njsum1 said...

$2,000 isn’t a large enough bankroll where you’d have to adjust any strategies just to get extra money in play. So if you were successful playing $20 per night, just do what you were doing with a $100 per night. No need to change much of anything as you can still play the same contests at the same buy in levels. Just play a few more. You don’t need to move up in buy in or start max entering, just to get more money in play. Just play more at the same levels and if you were successful before, you should be successful now. Good luck

This. GL

• tarheel66

• YoungFischer

Open a Roth IRA and invest in low cost index funds

• BRORANNOSAURUS_FLEX

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #1

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2016 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

• x4

2018 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

@YoungFischer said...

Best advice I’ve ever read on this forum

• escot4

• x2

$2M Prize Winner

• 2016 DraftKings FFWC Champion

We could use some more details. Do you have $2,000 now because of a DFS win or just because you have more money to use? Have you been profitable to this point? I would never increase the amount in play before being a profitable player.

Also, even if it’s because of good success, I definitely don’t recommend jumping from $20 per night to $100. That’s a 5x increase and if you immediately have a bad night it’s like having 5 bad nights of your previous bankroll. If you’re going to increase the amount you play per night, maybe start with 2x at most and progressively increase if you’re still profiting. Making a huge jump in the amount you play is the quickest way to lose a lot of money.

• Njsum1

@escot4 said...

Making a huge jump in the amount you play is the quickest way to lose a lot of money

Or make a lot of money if he’s any good. The amount in play in this instance is irrelevant as he’d essentially be playing at the same level as before against similar if not identically skilled competition. So if his bankroll is 5x what it was, and he in fact was successful/profitable playing $20 per night, playing $100 per night should produce similar results. Granted if he’s not profitable, that’s a different story and should actually go down in stakes, yet assuming he is, in this specific case I don’t see why he wouldn’t want to increase his play in accordance with his increase in bankroll, since he’s not moving up in skill level.

Edit: now if he stated he wanted to move up in skill level to put this $100 in play (I’m assuming hes playing 5% of his bankroll nightly, which is relatively conservative based off what some recommend) I’d hear what your saying, yet assuming he just wants to play $100 instead of $20, and again, assuming he’s profitable, i don’t see a reason he should hold back as he can put that extra money in play without moving up in skill level.

• mambaland

pay $99 per month to a site for an optimizer and go all in on a gpp

• flip4flop

Enter 2k GPP, win and cash out or lose and be done. Save yourself the grind of years.

• gridironguru99

RG Overall Ranking

You wont win, the deck is stacked against you on these sites so you either take one big crack at it or just invest it in the stock market. seriously, a new playuer has no chance in todays DK/FD

• makeitra1n

@gridironguru99 said...

You wont win, the deck is stacked against you on these sites so you either take one big crack at it or just invest it in the stock market. seriously, a new playuer has no chance in todays DK/FD

You’re right you won’t win.it’s definitely stacked against you.you know who also won’t win?red sox down 3-0.I mean come on 80 whatever years…

You know who else won’t win?cle down 3-1 against literally a historic team.literally broke records left and right.oh and they have to play 2 games in roracle.never gonna happen

• kittymanportrait

Forget DFS. Buy bitcoin.

• joerapjr

@jstevens2k11 said...

IMO I would first start off by keeping your bankroll on Paypal and only depositing what youre playing with that day/week. From there I would encourage playing single entry or 3-max GPPs if you’re a GPP player, but you have to know it can be lost quickly, OR play 50/50s & cash games but know the bankroll build can be slow & boring. Ive personally had more success with GPPs than Cash Games but I almost exclusively play PGA & NFL, and from time to time throw in a MLB lineup or something else

This is great advice! Keep the bankroll in PayPal. That way you’re not playing too much while also keeping track of how much you have played.

• tomac

Withdraw 940. Take the other 1060 and 1-time a GPP way over your head. It will be worth it for the rush when you hit the enter button.

• jjwd

@gridironguru99 said...

Yeah it’s because with 20 entries you can cover all the combinations. We need 10 max.

• jjwd

@BradfordEra said...

I would just like to hear some opinions from people who have played with a larger bankroll and how they’ve helped see it grow.

If you’re a tournament player, 2k is much more valuable if you’re entering smaller tournaments. The large field ones can suck up your bankroll fairly quickly.

• htxstangs

2013 DFBBC Finalist

• 2013 FanDuel WFBBC Finalist

I’d say use half the money on qualifiers for bigger tournaments, live events, or even chase some Milli Maker tickets once football comes around. Use the remainder of the money to maintain your bankroll the best you can, and perhaps add onto it. If you already have 2 stacks your willing to play with, might as well go for a big payday!

• ocdobv

If you are happy with playing $20 a night, just keep doing that. I’m not sure why having $2000 would make a difference unless you are trying to turn this into something more than just a hobby.

• PujolsJunkie

Invest in AMD – they’re big in cryptocurrency like bitcoin right now – they’re in a few different spaces that should get your $2000 on the rise.

That or throw 5 lineups into the Monster.

• EadesScience

@YoungFischer said...

What he said

• depalma13

@joerapjr said...

This is great advice! Keep the bankroll in PayPal. That way you’re not playing too much while also keeping track of how much you have played.

Do not keep it in PayPal. That is awful advice.

• squidkill

YOLO it SINGLE BULLETT

• punisheresz

Learn a new sport like soccer where there is still an edge

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Sites mentioned in this thread

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

• FanDuel

Get 1-month of RotoGrinders Premium for FREE (a ~$40value) by signing up through one of our links!

Learn More
  • DraftKings

Sign up for DraftKings using a RotoGrinders link & receive our DraftKings Premium content FREE for 1 month. That’s a ~$40 value! No DraftKings promo code necessary!

Learn More
  • FantasyDraft

FantasyDraft strives to put players first, with a mission to “provide a fun and fair experience for all.” To this end, the site has a well-built, easy-to-use interface and a the first of its kind in offering “Rake-Free” fantasy contests.

Learn More

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler