PGA FORUM

Comments

• KevinRothWx

RG Chief Meteorologist

A bit breezy for day 1 of the Honda Classic in Palm Beach Gardens, FL, which is the perfect weather for us to take advantage of. Let’s get right in to the daily breakdown…

Thursday – Windy, especially early.
    AM – Any rain should be over with before the first tee-time, but winds will be peaking through the mid to late AM, likely in the 15mph sustained range with stronger gusts.
    PM – Early afternoon will still be on the breezier side, but the later in the afternoon we go the less those winds will be an issue. I’d look for close to 15mph around noon, but likely under 10mph by 5pm.

Friday – Similar pattern, but less pronounced.
    AM – Again it’s dry with peak winds in the mid-late AM, but instead of peak winds around 15mph we are talking peak winds a bit under 10mph. Not really enough to worry about.
    PM – Early afternoon winds will come in close to 10mph, dropping to 5ish by late afternoon.

Saturday & Sun – Dry, but likely a return to a more typical pattern of stronger winds in the afternoon (especially on Saturday).

Overall – I think we have a slight but distinct advantage for the “Late Thurs / Early Fri” golfers. My goal is always to minimize peak winds, and I think the best way to accomplish that is by getting golfers as late as possible on Thursday. It might only be a 5mph advantage or so, but I do think it will help.

Happy Grinding,
    Kevin

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.