NASCAR FORUM

Comments

• diamondice

I saw that Kyle Busch won, but got DQ’d after the race during post-race inspection. I think DraftKings already paid out for the race. How does DraftKings handle this?

Do they just ignore post-race inspections or do they actually change the standings? This happened earlier in the year with a Cup race with Jimmie Johnson getting DQ’d, and as far as I could tell DK didn’t do anything, but not sure.

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #51

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

They don’t do anything. This is their official words on the site under Rules & Scoring for NASCAR.

Finishing Position is defined as the driver’s standing order at the end of the race. Disqualifications related to same-day post-race inspection will not change a driver’s Finishing Position, Laps Led, or Fastest Laps stats.

• diamondice

Gotcha, thanks for that clarification!

Does FanDuel have a different policy? I got this email the day after the Jimmie Johnson DQ, and assumed it was related to that, but it didn’t explicitly say it was related to Jimmie Johnson:

“We are reaching out to update you on a prizing correction for the Coca Cola 600 race at Charlotte on May 24th. A scoring update aligned with our rules and policies resulted in a credit for additional winnings on your account. This will appear on your Transaction History as “May 24 NASCAR Stat Correction (xxxxxxxxxx)”

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #51

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

From FanDuel’s rules and scoring:

Post-Race Inspection
    After every race, vehicles undergo a post-race inspection. If a driver’s vehicle fails the inspection they will be disqualified, resulting in a last place finish. In this scenario, the driver’s fantasy points for place differential and finishing position will be adjusted accordingly prior to contest settlement.

So I’m sure in your situation, that’s what happened. They adjusted some scoring and you go an extra payout.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).