BANKROLL FORUM

Comments

• FantasyTime69

I’ve always wanted to max out h2hs on dk at the 1 dollar level for 50 bucks. My question is how much would I need to have a low risk of ruin to play these? And is it wise to play just h2hs? I’ve got about 500 bankroll now so it would be 10% of my roll each day. I’d prefer to bet 5%

• DomTwan

$1,000 to be safe

$5,000 to be super conservative (professional)

• FantasyTime69

@DomTwan said...

$1,000 to be safe

Wow much more than I thought. I guess i’ll play $20 worth of h2hs till i get more money.

• theseige

• 2015 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

• x2

2016 DraftKings FBBWC Finalist

@DomTwan said...

$1,000 to be safe

$5000 to play $50 a day in cash games would be insane… I think $700-1000 the right ballpark there

• DomTwan

@theseige said...

$5000 to play $50 a day in cash games would be insane… I think $700-1000 the right ballpark there

I think until you can prove you are a winning player over a LARGE sample (10,000 matches) having a $5,000 bankroll behind you can make the inevitable swings not make you even bat an eyelash.

• hendry

@DomTwan said...

I think until you can prove you are a winning player over a LARGE sample (10,000 matches) having a $5,000 bankroll behind you can make the inevitable swings not make you even bat an eyelash.

if you got 5k sitting around and it interests you to try to grind out like 4 bucks of profit a night then god bless you. I think between 500-1000 is plenty.

• deactivated70770

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #84

RG Tiered Ranking

@DomTwan said...

$1,000 to be safe

lmao no

• kdjac0434

I think with 500 you would be ok. If you lose every H2H 10 days in a row then DFS is probably not your thing.

• AlexSonty

RG Overall Ranking

• Blogger of the Month

I’m with rachelkyle a bit on $500, but if that low, I’d probably only play 30 $1 h2hs and sprinkle 3-4 $5 matrixes in there because $500 is still low. You really won’t lose more than $40 in a day. To add, though, finding 30 really good h2hs is a lot of work, let alone 50. Not sure it’s really worth it at one pricepoint and really don’t think going higher than $1 is wise. Finding 15 $1 h2hs and 5-8 3-mans with 4-5 $5 matrixes is more realistic. That’s still about $50 a day, but a lower risk where your big days payoff to cover bad ones better.

• TwoSHAE

Simple math, you need $50.

As for what you’re getting at (not going broke), it depends on your skill level, how much you hedge, and a bunch of other things.

• slcseas

You can do this with pretty safely with $250-$300, especially if you enable matchup blocker and select opponents wisely.

I play primarily H2H and usually have 20-25% of my bankroll in play. Nit it up if you want, but I personally think you’re unnecessarily costing yourself money.

It’s different if this is how you make a living, you are playing higher stakes or play a lot of GPP. $1 H2H is as low variance as it gets.

• geardaddy

the max h2h for $1 is 50? didn’t even know that lmao

• tomac

Is this a trick question? You need $50.

• troveur

$500 is more than enough @ 10% of your roll…you lose em all one night have $450 left ok then just play 10% again and do 45 LU’s and so on. If you are good you’ll be winning fairly quickly.

• deejones49

50k should be enough to grind for 20 years

• FantasyTime69

lol some funny responses in this thread for sure. I got scared and played only 20 h2hs and broke even. I perhaps am overestimating the likely hood of going busto with 10% in just h2hs. I remember reading somewhere ehafner lost 10 days worth of doubleups in a row. Not sure what sport but that had me thinking about being very conservative. I read some bank roll analysis that at 10% if you go on a terrible run you could end up losing most of your roll quickly. H2Hs are pretty low variance though i had a crappy score of like 27 today in nhl and broke even and wouldnt have cashed in a doubleup so i’ll probably give 50 h2hs a shot with my roll and if i run bad and lose half of it ill prob reevaluate.

• madmanjayWV

I’m glad we had this talk..interesting

• Bigo1

So the answer goes from $50 to $5k. In reality, it depends. Bankroll is a concept for winning players really, trying to minimize the risk of players going bankrupt before making money.

So if you are a losing player, a bankroll does not matter. That is unless you value DFS as entertainment (which everyone should probably do), in which case you should play the amount that you are happy to lose that also keeps you interested.

If you are a winning player and can somehow quantify your edge (i.e. you think you can be 58/42 in $1 h2h), go and read some research on the Kelly criterion or other forms of bankroll management formulas.

• bighop04

If your roll is 500, you should not be playing 50 h2hs every single day imo. That is already 10% of your roll, and that includes zero GPP action. Even if you just play one or two lineups in 3 dollar tourneys, that will add up. I am also a firm believer of playing a higher percentage of your bankroll on a slate where you feel like you have a larger edge than usual. I play double ups instead of h2h mostly, but on a NBA slate of my roll was 500, I would likely play 35-40 in cash games and maybe 6 bucks in GPP. I guess overall that isn’t a whole lot different than playing 50 a day, but I would tend to think it would add up over time.

I also believe in sticking with playing the same amount consistently for a while until your bankroll moves. If I had 500 and played 40$ worth and doubled my 40 to 80, I would keep playing 40 until my bankroll was over 650 or 700 probably, then move a step up.

If you have gathered anything from this thread though, everyone has a different amount they think they should play consistently, and you have to find what works for you.

• billholler

I don’t see the point of ever playing a $1 H2H in effort to try and win 80 cents. The thought of doing that 50 times every day and hoping to make anything resembling a significant profit seems absurd.

• PigskinaBlanket

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #54

RG Tiered Ranking

• x3

2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• x2

2016 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

About Tree Fiddy

• deactivated51600

I like the bankroll strategy Efunk42 posted in another thread. I changed up my process a little this past weekend in NFL and did pretty much exactly what he said and it went well. I like the theory of it, that the first half of what you are playing on the day should be in a Double Up, so once your line up crosses that threshold you have your investment back and as line up gets better.. return gets better.

https://rotogrinders.com/threads/whats-the-best-way-to-build-a-bankroll-from-50-dollars-1447077?page=3#reply-1467379

• slcseas

@PigskinaBlanket said...

About Tree Fiddy

Where’s a thumbs down button when you need it. This was idiotic in 2010, now it’s just totally fucked out.

• slcseas

@billholler said...

I don’t see the point of ever playing a $1 H2H in effort to try and win 80 cents. The thought of doing that 50 times every day and hoping to make anything resembling a significant profit seems absurd.

Please ignore this person.

• slcseas

@bighop04 said...

I am also a firm believer of playing a higher percentage of your bankroll on a slate where you feel like you have a larger edge than usual.

It’s funny that you caution OP about the pitfalls of playing $4 extra per day, yet you advocate exceeding your bankroll limits based on a feeling.

• JHols1nger

@FantasyTime69 said...

I remember reading somewhere ehafner lost 10 days worth of doubleups in a row. Not sure what sport but that had me thinking about being very conservative.

Double ups and H2H are not the same thing. A score that loses all of your double ups can win you up to half of your H2H. $50 worth of H2H on a $500 roll is perfectly fine.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.