MAIN FORUM

Comments

• nitewark49

I have a question regarding the podcasts I listen to each week. I listen to the pros talk about good plays for the week and I am curious if they actually play the players they are high on. Anyone know how I can see this information ? I have been playing for 8 weeks now and I have not been doing very well. I wanted to make sure this isn’t some kind of scam and if they just try to talk up certain players and then play others to trick the crowd.

Thanks,

T

• alpinehack

This site is certainly not a scam. I have been playing for a week and a half and have 5x more money than I started with. However I don’t just listen to experts. I use all of the great tools they provide on this site and then weigh statistical research results vs my own opinions and expert opinions (RG experts and outside experts)

If you want to get better you have to put in work not just expect them to hand you a perfect lineup every time. If it were that easy everyone would be doing it.

• Nelson01

I sorta had this idea as well but also take into consideration not all of the grinders live stuff and podcast are made for all the sites, some are more focused i think anyway towards certain sites.

• hendry

theres not too many hot takes in the content. for the most part you’re hearing plays that are consensus favorites. lineup construction is a very very very key part of dfs and likely the part of the game you need to work on. keep at it though, over time you’ll find yourself spending less and less time making better lineups.

• Nelson01

Also, id suggest to maybe get the nba season ticket thing and watch the games and see how teams do in certain situations. I tried to play daily dfs without really watching basketball and i have a better idea of how teams and players do now that i do watch more games.

Just a suggestion if you don’t have the season pass thing. You may have it already.

• MikeSos760

@hendry said...

lineup construction is a very very very key part of dfs and likely the part of the game you need to work on. keep at it though, over time you’ll find yourself spending less and less time making better lineups.

This!. It is pretty easy to pick up on who the good plays are and get some value plays, but how you construct your roster is everything.

• Majorrock

This is my second full year in NBA DFS and i know where you are coming from. Yes, Lineup construction is key. With NBA, you have to be up to date on any player news throughout the day. Check out the DFS alerts here at RG, will save you heartache over the long run.

WIth lineup construction, it differs depending on what contest type you are in. That along with Contest Selection is key in my opinion.

Play 100 field 50/50’s
    Stay away from any multi entry cash games
    Build 2 lineups to spread your risk – have a set of core high floor players to use for both, and fill in the remaining spots with some value if you can find it or maybe a high cost chalker or two.

I can say from my 2 years here, DB 730, Chris, STL Cards and the rest try and give you the best info at the time. With NBA, that can change 5 mins after the show if a stud is sitting or a value plays draws a start.

I try and target 5x value for all my cash games. Now, it doesn’t always happen as planned, but more times than not in cash games if you go with the higher floor players, at the end of the season you will be successful.

• emelim03

@Majorrock This ^^^^^ is the best post I’ve read in a long time! I use the 2 lineup strategy in NFL and it really does reduce risk if you have an injury of something. Having an 85% cash rate with this strategy.

• GGee87

@emelim03 said...

@Majorrock This ^^^^^ is the best post I’ve read in a long time! I use the 2 lineup strategy in NFL and it really does reduce risk if you have an injury of something. Having an 85% cash rate with this strategy.

I had a question about this as well. Since you seem to agree with the earlier post I figured id pose the question to you. How diff. do you make your 2 teams in NFL? Totally diff(sharing 3 or less players), or sharing more chalk plays and differentiating elsewhere? I tend to get hung up on my lineups being too similar. I like to try to plan it where my teams are sharing no more than 3 players and i like to make about 4 unique lineups. 2 consisting of stacks and 2 being naked QBs. In which i usually stack a DST.

• tarheel66

They give good advice but you will never win big money listening to them because everyone on her listens. You need to find your own, no matter what diamond they give you it never works out because that diamond is highly owned.

• AtGame7

The other side of the coin is they really aren’t building a lineup for you, just pointing out what is potentially the best plays at each position. It’s up to you to construct a roster around the players you choose to use.

Look at the consensus report for the early slate CFB today. If you were to try to fill a roster with their top plays at each position you would have -$2900 left to spend on TWO flex positions. CLEARLY they have to use players outside of their top picks because of salary restraints. I’m assuming they build multiple lineups around each of their top picks with peripheral players they aren’t mentioning in a two to three player write up at each position.

Now, if you are looking to know what a RG pro likes as his top plays as well as mid to lower priced guys to fill out a roster make yourself a cup of coffee and get comfortable and read the grind down articles. Yea, it’s gonna take 20 minutes to half an hour but it’s the best content on the site IMO.

I’ll give special nod to asmith25 on the early slate CFB Grind Down. Excellent stuff and I can’t imagine how much time he puts into it each week.

• Fishman

to answer your question : you would have to play them on on whatever site/sport they are recommending the players from. You can play against them to see which players they use, that is the only way as they do not keep track of who makes the best recommendations here. If you follow them for very long you can see who is and who is not any good at recommending players and trust me on this, there is a HUGE difference in the experts here.

• crazypaul

It’s impossible to track really, and that is why there is always someone wearing a tinfoil hat accusing touts of not using their own picks. Almost anytime one of them wins a major tournament, someone comes along with their pitchfork accusing them of not mentioning a player they used that went off or not using a player they touted that had a dud game. However, what most people dont think about is that the touts generally enter dozens if not hundreds of lineups in tournaments so it is impossible for them to only use the players they publicly say are good plays.

I do my own research, make my own lineup, then I read/listen to tout advice to see if my thought process on the slate is similar or if maybe I missed something. In the end, your lineup decisions are all on you.

• Bbsd14

@crazypaul said...

It’s impossible to track really, and that is why there is always someone wearing a tinfoil hat accusing touts of not using their own picks. Almost anytime one of them wins a major tournament, someone comes along with their pitchfork accusing them of not mentioning a player they used that went off or not using a player they touted that had a dud game. However, what most people dont think about is that the touts generally enter dozens if not hundreds of lineups in tournaments so it is impossible for them to only use the players they publicly say are good plays.

I do my own research, make my own lineup, then I read/listen to tout advice to see if my thought process on the slate is similar or if maybe I missed something. In the end, your lineup decisions are all on you.

Exactly my thoughts.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).