NFL FORUM

Comments

• saahilsud

• 2016 RotoGrinders TPOY Champion

• Previously Ranked: #1 Overall

Hey everyone! My name is Saahil Sud, and I’m currently #1 in RotoGrinders.com’s Grinder rankings and am first in the current TPOY leader board. I previously operated under the screen name MaxDalury but changed that on all sites on 2/1/16 to SaahilSud. I am one of the founders of the DFS strategy and content site rotoql – Rotogrinders reached out to me and I’m going to spend some time this week answering DFS strategy and multi-entry questions.

If you want to know a little more about me here are some interviews that I’ve conducted in the past:

DKWC Video Interview

Daily Fantasy Fix Interview

wbur.org Interview

MODERATION NOTE

Saahil is one of the highest volume players in the DFS industry and has been gracious enough to accept our invitation to answer questions from RotoGrinders users over the course of this week. We want to keep this positive. Strategy and multi entry questions are welcome. To prevent this thread from becoming negative we are not allowing questions on scripting. All forum rules apply and this thread will be moderated to ensure that the thread moves along in a smooth and friendly manner.

• Link
    • Last Updated 4 years ago
  • mileyvirus

RG Overall Ranking

How stressful is it having such a high volume of entries everyday?

• Bigo1

RG Overall Ranking

Thanks Saahil for your time. Everyone seems to complain that it is harder and harder to make money playing DFS, but hardly ever adjust their strategy.

I know that each slate is different, but I wonder if you have kept your general GPP strategy identical in the last few months, and if so if you have seen a decrease in your RoI (without telling me exact figures)?

• montezm21

What is your MLB strategy?

• CeeGee

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #15

RG Tiered Ranking

Can you please do a video interview with @xBenJamminx on Twitter?? He’s done some great interviews with people, including RGs own Dave Potts, and we would LOVE to hear a little more about you and whatever you’re willing to share about DFS!

• tysim19

What would be your advice to low volume volume players who are playing $5-$10 worth of entries a day?

• Milo741

• Blogger of the Month

How come you are in every $3-$25 satellite I also enter? Aka how can I improve my game selection?

• Number5

This is your first year (I think) playing DFS MLB and you are killing it. To what do you attribute this amazing run? Are you doing something differently than other MLB grinders?

• jhorst52

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #34

RG Tiered Ranking

• x3

2016 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

• 2018 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

How many hours of work per day to you put into DFS? What Sport is most time consuming/least time consuming?

• kieff5280

• Blogger of the Month

How do you determine the number of lineups you play a day or do you just play the same amount a day on a normal slate?

• elbirdos

Do you like sports or is this purely a money grab for you?

• stevietpfl

Morning Grind co-host, Lead NASCAR Analyst

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #69

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2015 FanDuel MLB Playboy Mansion Finalist

• 2015 FAWBC Finalist

What is the one thing you enjoy the most about a live final?

• thehazyone

RG Contributor

• Blogger of the Month

Hey Saahil – thanks again for taking the time to do this.

We’ve had some good discussion regarding GPP Mass Entry Optimal Strategy in this thread:

https://rotogrinders.com/threads/gpp-mass-entry-optimal-strategy-1321782

I’m interested in your take on the OP’s questions – what do you think the optimal strategy for Mass Entry is? How do you go about accomplishing that on a daily basis? What kind of factors determine what you do or don’t do when it comes to lineup construction when you are making so many lineups?

• richyrich

what made you decide you wanted to become a full time dfs player?

• JoeSchroeder

RG Overall Ranking

What tools/software packages do you use, in terms of research/analytics?

I am primarily an Excel guy, and have been able to get around the file-size constraints using a few add-on packages, but I have been told I could be much more successful using r or Python.

• glennantz

For MLB what do you consider to be the most important stat’s that you would use to make just one lineup for GPP’s and cash each?

• Cobra_Kai

If maximum entries were capped to 3 on all large GPPs, do you think you would still realize similar success?

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

Did you ever have more than $200k in play on a single night?

How many nights do you have more than $50k in play? 10%? 50%?

• masdaace23

Where do you find the best research for each slate?

• saahilsud

@mileyvirus said...

How stressful is it having such a high volume of entries everyday?

It can be very stressful especially on losing streaks. Think it requires a certain type of demeanor to be able to be a high stakes pro

• TomCats83

What is your success rate in Single Entry tournys vs Multi Entry tournys?

Which do you prefer and why?

• myb821

Do you have a set plan for each night? Do you pick SP based on the stack you want to use?

• saahilsud

@Bigo1 said...

Thanks Saahil for your time. Everyone seems to complain that it is harder and harder to make money playing DFS, but hardly ever adjust their strategy.

I know that each slate is different, but I wonder if you have kept your general GPP strategy identical in the last few months, and if so if you have seen a decrease in your RoI (without telling me exact figures)?

I am constantly tweaking my GPP strategy my ROI has gone down from the beginning of the season but thats more of me running hot than anything else

• saahilsud

@montezm21 said...

What is your MLB strategy?

You’ll have better responses asking for advice if you ask more specific questions but at rotoql.com/university we have a bunch of videos talking about MLB strategy

• saahilsud

@tysim19 said...

What would be your advice to low volume volume players who are playing $5-$10 worth of entries a day?

Focus on game selection and optimizing your lineup for the payout structure in GPPs – larger entry small entry fee double ups would be somewhere start

• Cobra_Kai

Saahil will you come make an appearance in RG chat? Click the “GrindersLive” button at the top and come say hi to your fans!

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler