NFL FORUM

Comments

• saahilsud

• 2016 RotoGrinders TPOY Champion

• Previously Ranked: #1 Overall

Hey everyone! My name is Saahil Sud, and I’m currently #1 in RotoGrinders.com’s Grinder rankings and am first in the current TPOY leader board. I previously operated under the screen name MaxDalury but changed that on all sites on 2/1/16 to SaahilSud. I am one of the founders of the DFS strategy and content site rotoql – Rotogrinders reached out to me and I’m going to spend some time this week answering DFS strategy and multi-entry questions.

If you want to know a little more about me here are some interviews that I’ve conducted in the past:

DKWC Video Interview

Daily Fantasy Fix Interview

wbur.org Interview

MODERATION NOTE

Saahil is one of the highest volume players in the DFS industry and has been gracious enough to accept our invitation to answer questions from RotoGrinders users over the course of this week. We want to keep this positive. Strategy and multi entry questions are welcome. To prevent this thread from becoming negative we are not allowing questions on scripting. All forum rules apply and this thread will be moderated to ensure that the thread moves along in a smooth and friendly manner.

• Link
    • Last Updated 4 years ago
  • CUTiger81

Asani told a story on his Vlog yesterday of winning a $75,000 h2h vs you on a stat correction (took you from a .01 winner to a .09 loser) on FD. Curious to hear your feeling on that unfolding. Frustrated about a stat correction 10 mins after the final game finished?

• BooduhKing

@eKing said...

I have been away from RG for most of the last few months and this guy above^^ stole my style, name+avatar. lol jk

Max, this time last year everyone was talking about Condia. Now, the only place I see Condia is on the back of a DFS milk carton. Will we still be talking about Max this time next year? or some new kid?

BTW, I noticed you started in 2009 on FD and we are just now hearing about you the past 12 months or so. Would you say you had to pay your dues grinding to get where you are?

Hey yo haha. Looks like we both know razor was a top notch talent and had all the skills.

• saahilsud

@MrFantasy said...

How much higher do you expect rake to get in the future?

Not too much higher but sponsored GPPs/ads will increase

• saahilsud

@CUTiger81 said...

Asani told a story on his Vlog yesterday of winning a $75,000 h2h vs you on a stat correction (took you from a .01 winner to a .09 loser) on FD. Curious to hear your feeling on that unfolding. Frustrated about a stat correction 10 mins after the final game finished?

It was definitely tough but more of WTF happened then anything else. Do this long enough and you’ll go through every possible beat (good and bad)

• saahilsud

@hambazaza said...

Saahil, thanks for doing this! a couple of quick questions:

1) Who has better abs? you or condia?

2) I’ve seen your improvement in soccer over time, do you get a chance to watch the games or are you just a stats/Expected value driven guy when it comes to your soccer research?

1. Condia
    2. I have been watching a lot of games and use stats. But definitely understanding the set piece takers and game flow has helped me improve

• saahilsud

@mizzoutigers48 said...

I have a bankroll question. Are there certain benchmarks you use to determine when and how much you cash out and how much you leave as your bankroll. Ex: After X amount is won you remove Y from your bankroll.

Look forward to seeing you in Toronto in a few months!

My bankroll = net worth. Whatever you feel comfortable with is the right answer. Toronto is a great city.

• Immaculate

The makeup of DFS, specifically MLB DFS, is constantly changing, with new players coming in every year and some leaving because of legality issues, personal dissatisfaction or other reason. Do you see this year’s MLB DFS player population more competitive than last year’s or less? Do you think this is an overall trend going forward?

• scholardollars

Thanks for your time… How much “gut” picks do you make on average? Or do you solely rely on what the numbers tell you?

• saahilsud

@Immaculate said...

The makeup of DFS, specifically MLB DFS, is constantly changing, with new players coming in every year and some leaving because of legality issues, personal dissatisfaction or other reason. Do you see this year’s MLB DFS player population more competitive than last year’s or less? Do you think this is an overall trend going forward?

The preponderance of tools and information have made the game more competitive and will continue do so.

• PigskinaBlanket

RG Overall Ranking

• x2

2016 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• x3

2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

Enjoyed the thread and congratulations on your success.

One thing I wanted to get more clarity on (if you will share). You always stack (and stack the full 5 in MLB). How concentrated are your stacks typically….from both perspectives:

for example – on a fairly full slate like tonight…if you had 100 entries in an event (ie Friday Fastball)
    — All in one one stack, or do you prefer a little diversity (40 of Stack A, 40 of Stack B and 20 of Stack C)
    — If we dove into Stack A – how much stack variance would be in those 40 lineups normally? (within the stack itself)

Obviously – slate dependent etc etc ceteris paribus. But you get my point. and I dont believe this is address in Rotoql videos (at least not yet)

• saahilsud

@PigskinaBlanket said...

Enjoyed the thread and congratulations on your success.

One thing I wanted to get more clarity on (if you will share). You always stack (and stack the full 5 in MLB). How concentrated are your stacks typically….from both perspectives:

for example – on a fairly full slate like tonight…if you had 100 entries in an event (ie Friday Fastball)
    — All in one one stack, or do you prefer a little diversity (40 of Stack A, 40 of Stack B and 20 of Stack C)
    — If we dove into Stack A – how much stack variance would be in those 40 lineups normally? (within the stack itself)

Obviously – slate dependent etc etc ceteris paribus. But you get my point. and I dont believe this is address in Rotoql videos (at least not yet)

Will address this in a video within the next week or so

• saahilsud

Alright guys I’m done with this AMA. Most of the strategy questions I haven’t answered are on rotoql university videos (for free) or will be answered in videos within the next couple of weeks.

GL in your contests

• Cameron

RG Co-Founder

RG Overall Ranking

• 2014 FanDuel NFL Survivor Champion

• 2016 RG Season Long Champion: NFL

Thanks Saahil!

• thehazyone

RG Contributor

• Blogger of the Month

Thanks to Saahil again for taking time out of his busy schedule to do this for the DFS community. We’ll be locking this thread now but will leave it pinned for a few more days so people can go through and read the questions and answers.

Thanks to all those who took part – we’ll have more of these AMA’s coming in the future!

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.