NFL FORUM

Comments

• saahilsud

• 2016 RotoGrinders TPOY Champion

• Previously Ranked: #1 Overall

Hey everyone! My name is Saahil Sud, and I’m currently #1 in RotoGrinders.com’s Grinder rankings and am first in the current TPOY leader board. I previously operated under the screen name MaxDalury but changed that on all sites on 2/1/16 to SaahilSud. I am one of the founders of the DFS strategy and content site rotoql – Rotogrinders reached out to me and I’m going to spend some time this week answering DFS strategy and multi-entry questions.

If you want to know a little more about me here are some interviews that I’ve conducted in the past:

DKWC Video Interview

Daily Fantasy Fix Interview

wbur.org Interview

MODERATION NOTE

Saahil is one of the highest volume players in the DFS industry and has been gracious enough to accept our invitation to answer questions from RotoGrinders users over the course of this week. We want to keep this positive. Strategy and multi entry questions are welcome. To prevent this thread from becoming negative we are not allowing questions on scripting. All forum rules apply and this thread will be moderated to ensure that the thread moves along in a smooth and friendly manner.

• Link
    • Last Updated 5 years ago
  • saahilsud

@Milo741 said...

How come you are in every $3-$25 satellite I also enter? Aka how can I improve my game selection?

I play a lot of entries. Tailoring your lineup construction to the payout structure and game you are in is an underrated part of DFS and goes hand in hand with game selection

• finn4

If you were only able to make ONE lineup on a given slate and entered it in a single entry gpp(Fanduel MLB), what would your strategy be?

• saahilsud

@Number5 said...

This is your first year (I think) playing DFS MLB and you are killing it. To what do you attribute this amazing run? Are you doing something differently than other MLB grinders?

I try to focus only what I do and how I can improve what I am doing and not pay as much attention to what others are doing

• saahilsud

@jhorst52 said...

How many hours of work per day to you put into DFS? What Sport is most time consuming/least time consuming?

Depends on the day but DFS is on the mind at some level every waking hour. CFB (rip) was the most time consuming/fan while MLB is one of the least time consuming

• PDFOUR

When it comes to advanced sport analytics relative to DFS, we know some of the big names out there in the NFL such as football outsiders, 4for4 or profootball focus. Is there a MLB and NBA equivalent to those sites?

• saahilsud

@kieff5280 said...

How do you determine the number of lineups you play a day or do you just play the same amount a day on a normal slate?

I play 1 cash team (with exception of multi-entry gpps) and the maximum (or close to it) on GPPs every day

• saahilsud

@elbirdos said...

Do you like sports or is this purely a money grab for you?

Been a big sports fan since I was kid, the money definitely skews your appreciation and feelings towards sports though

• saahilsud

@stevietpfl said...

What is the one thing you enjoy the most about a live final?

Open bar + meeting people who are all extremely passionate about DFS

• realking

Thanks for taking time out to do this. I actually think what you do is a lot harder than what most people are willing to give you credit for. Most people think you click a few buttons and your work is done. Could you share how much time you spend really digging into numbers before you actually settle on your core of guys you use in your 1 cash lu and that end up being the core of your gpp lus? Thanks again.

• sethayates

Saahil, you’ve qualified for many live finals but you’ve never been able to win one. How does it feel to be the Buffalo Bills of DFS?

• saahilsud

@thehazyone said...

Hey Saahil – thanks again for taking the time to do this.

We’ve had some good discussion regarding GPP Mass Entry Optimal Strategy in this thread:

https://rotogrinders.com/threads/gpp-mass-entry-optimal-strategy-1321782

I’m interested in your take on the OP’s questions – what do you think the optimal strategy for Mass Entry is? How do you go about accomplishing that on a daily basis? What kind of factors determine what you do or don’t do when it comes to lineup construction when you are making so many lineups?

Obviously a very complicated question and one that I am constantly tweaking. Each slate is different and will affect how differentiated I will become. Don’t think any rule like pick the top 4 teams to stack and 3 pitchers and rotate them etc is going to work long term. Having a plan for each slate with what you are going to do with your multiple entries is important. Will be doing a video on rotoql.com/university in the near future about this in the near future

• saahilsud

@sethayates said...

Saahil, you’ve qualified for many live finals but you’ve never been able to win one. How does it feel to be the Buffalo Bills of DFS?

I prefer to be called the Clayton Kershaw of DFS just a choker in the clutch

• dp33071

Saahil, I just have one simple question. If you entered single entry contests for say a month, how do you think your success rate would be compared to the multi entries you always do? or better yet do you think it’s a advantage having the money to put together 200 plus lineups to begin with?

• tenzley

If you are torn on what pitcher to play for your cash lineup, do you have a certain stat you look at as a tiebreaker? Do you ever split your cash lineup?

Thanks for the insight and a very big congratulations for your hard work and success.

• headChopper

RG Contributor (OG Status)

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #35

RG Tiered Ranking

• x2

$1M Prize Winner

• 2014 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

Serious question here:
    How is your love life now that you have all this money?

• saahilsud

@richyrich said...

what made you decide you wanted to become a full time dfs player?

Tired of my Job, wanting to pursue a hobby to the fullest, and nothing holding me back

• ajump08

What’s the calculus or statistical basis on how multiple lineups is advantageous? It ranges per sport, but NBA is a fairly good example where each lineup made is less optimal than the last. So for multiple lineups to be advantageous the advantage comes not from implicitly having a better lineup, but from having the correct outlier to the variance on that specific night (correct me if that take is wrong). So, how do you best put yourself in a position to take advantage of this? Is there an optimal amount of lineups that give you the best coverage or in other words best position to pull the maximum amount of profit (which, likely would not optimize ROI itself)?

-Thanks for doing this Saahil

• saahilsud

@JoeSchroeder said...

What tools/software packages do you use, in terms of research/analytics?

I am primarily an Excel guy, and have been able to get around the file-size constraints using a few add-on packages, but I have been told I could be much more successful using r or Python.

I use both R and Python

• smallANDflaccid

@saahilsud said...

I use both R and Python

You live down the street from the guys who make RStudio – ever met up with them? (I am not one of them)

I went to Williams and live a few blocks over from you.
    If you have any interest sometime this summer in meeting up and talking data science, drinks on me.

• saahilsud

@glennantz said...

For MLB what do you consider to be the most important stat’s that you would use to make just one lineup for GPP’s and cash each?

Expected fantasy points from my own projections…I discuss some more specifics on rotoql.com/university

• crazypaul

Is there a particular stat category (hitting & pitching) that you find goes underused by the DFS community that has been overly beneficial in your research?

• salarycapfantasy

I have seen that you win like 6% or 8%, is that correct? I know that most think you rake 24-7 but there is always stiff competition every day. I would assume cold streaks come too, what is the longest cold streak that you went through that you were under water and not earning money at 8%?

• saahilsud

@Cobra_Kai said...

If maximum entries were capped to 3 on all large GPPs, do you think you would still realize similar success?

I certainly wouldn’t make as much money, my ROI/performance would still be near the top

• saahilsud

@Unico10 said...

Did you ever have more than $200k in play on a single night?

How many nights do you have more than $50k in play? 10%? 50%?

I have on some nights. On the vast majority of days with the big 3 sports I will have more than $50k in play

• tvsfrink

@saahilsud said...

Focus on game selection and optimizing your lineup for the payout structure in GPPs – larger entry small entry fee double ups would be somewhere start

I’m confused by this answer. Are you suggesting using a GPP lineup in double ups, or have I misread it?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).