NFL FORUM

Comments

• saahilsud

• 2016 RotoGrinders TPOY Champion

• Previously Ranked: #1 Overall

Hey everyone! My name is Saahil Sud, and I’m currently #1 in RotoGrinders.com’s Grinder rankings and am first in the current TPOY leader board. I previously operated under the screen name MaxDalury but changed that on all sites on 2/1/16 to SaahilSud. I am one of the founders of the DFS strategy and content site rotoql – Rotogrinders reached out to me and I’m going to spend some time this week answering DFS strategy and multi-entry questions.

If you want to know a little more about me here are some interviews that I’ve conducted in the past:

DKWC Video Interview

Daily Fantasy Fix Interview

wbur.org Interview

MODERATION NOTE

Saahil is one of the highest volume players in the DFS industry and has been gracious enough to accept our invitation to answer questions from RotoGrinders users over the course of this week. We want to keep this positive. Strategy and multi entry questions are welcome. To prevent this thread from becoming negative we are not allowing questions on scripting. All forum rules apply and this thread will be moderated to ensure that the thread moves along in a smooth and friendly manner.

• Link
    • Last Updated 5 years ago
  • tvsfrink

I understand why you play every game available (even quarter arcades) but I’ve seen you in free contests with no payouts. Why do you do that?

• cjstetzer

serious question here…
    How do feel about folks(Americans) that are always saying m8….I find it gross

• saahilsud

@tvsfrink said...

I’m confused by this answer. Are you suggesting using a GPP lineup in double ups, or have I misread it?

No saying that you should play different lineups in a gpps where top 5% win, top 20% win etc and larger entry small entry fee double ups will have some of the lowest cash lines

• smallANDflaccid

@cjstetzer said...

serious question here…

What about m9?

• saahilsud

@cjstetzer said...

serious question here…

Empiremaker2 runs so hot he can do whatever he wants

• TinkyTyler

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #83

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2016 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

• 2018 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

Thanks for doing this! I have a few questions along similar lines

How much (if any) “human” factor do you add to your projections or optimization process for mass multi entering GPPs? That is: Do you ever think to yourself, player X is likely to overperform/underpform your projected value for him because of some factor you wouldn’t typically account for in your model, and then manually adjust his projection or exposure accordingly? Or is most of your process automated at this point?

Also: How much weight do you give player correlations in NBA?

• smallANDflaccid

When people post things that are so obviously wrong or bad theory, do you ever find it tempting to correct them – or is that “don’t teach at the table”?
    Or you just generally find it -EV to read most of the stuff online?

• jimmyrad

Was running the bases in Mil and sweeping off home plate in Cle (and other such contests I’ve seen you take down) the experience of a lifetime you had hoped?

• Scumpunch

RG Overall Ranking

How much do you take projected ownership into account when constructing lineups?

• billholler

@saahilsud said...

CFB (rip) was the most time consuming/fan while MLB is one of the least time consuming

So I’m asking a question about an answer, how is MLB the least time consuming? I quit playing MLB just because it was not only time consuming but the constant threat of last minute game cancellations due to weather are just a pain and stacking a game that gets cancelled is always a total loss.

• saahilsud

@headChopper said...

Serious question here:
    How is your love life now that you have all this money?

Used to be 1 or 2 strippers knowing me on a first name basis but now I’m up to somewhere between 887 and 889 know me

• Slah

• 2015 NASCAR Live Final Champion

@smallANDflaccid said...

You live down the street from the guys who make RStudio – ever met up with them? (I am not one of them)

I went to Williams and live a few blocks over from you.
    If you have any interest sometime this summer in meeting up and talking data science, drinks on me.

On a related note, has your newfound fame brought about any stalkers that you’ve been forced to get restraining orders against?

• spyder

What is the largest purchase you have made since you became the Fabio of DFS? Was it a car? A home? A “personal assistant”? I think a lot of people are curious to know since we (unwillingly) helped purchase it. :)

• fsunole64

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #52

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2018 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

• x3

2019 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

Other than yourself who do you think is the best cash player in each of the following sports NBA, MLB, NFL? Do you or would you ever block another user on DK?

• johnnybruhnanas

Hi Saahil and RG – long time lurker, first time shitposter…

On a scale of DrewDinkmeyer to TommyG, how much emphasis do you put on BvP and why is TommyG the correct answer?

How many days is it appropriate for a professional athlete to take off after they just had a child?

Are you hurt when Ryazan2000 calls you a fish and scoops your H2H’s the day after a big win?

and finally, a serious question…

Would you quit DFS if a pro team asked you to work on their analytics team?

• ricky21slade

• 2014 FanDuel NFL Playboy Mansion Finalist

You get villainized for being the face of the multi-entry pro game, but I’ve seen you dominate single entry and limited entry contests firsthand. What is the single most important adjustment you had to make to be competitive in single/limited entry GPPs?

• saahilsud

@TomCats83 said...

What is your success rate in Single Entry tournys vs Multi Entry tournys?

Which do you prefer and why?

I have a higher ROI in single entry but prefer the larger $$$ in multi entry

• tgowen

• Blogger of the Month

If you were a new player entering DFS and started with $100 what would your game selection approach be to grow your BR (amount played per day, contest type, etc.)?

Thanks for doing this by the way.

• mannmicj

How often do you take a day off, with no DFS whatsoever? When you do, are they planned ahead of time or is it based on the DFS slate(s)? Thanks.

• jthayesjr

RG Overall Ranking

Looked at your LUs from last night’s DK GPP – what made you focus on Tyler Saladino?

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

My question is, are you going to have time to research MLB today with having to refresh every 15 minutes and answer more questions? Or do you just stack Rockies like the rest of us and call it a day. :)

• ricky21slade

• 2014 FanDuel NFL Playboy Mansion Finalist

Most of the states without income tax where a DFS pro would actually want to live (NV, TX, FL) are not DFS-friendly. Where is the most advantageous location for a player and why?

• workdnk12

Let’s say you played 50 lineups for DK’s 3 dollar swing for the fences every day for the entire MLB season…

What would you be your general strategy in how you build your lineups? For example, Would you run stacks of 5 teams or stack 2 teams 25 times with different variations?

• saahilsud

@spyder said...

What is the largest purchase you have made since you became the Fabio of DFS? Was it a car? A home? A “personal assistant”? I think a lot of people are curious to know since we (unwillingly) helped purchase it. :)

I don’t even own a car all my money goes towards drugs, strippers, vacations, and food

• saahilsud

@finn4 said...

If you were only able to make ONE lineup on a given slate and entered it in a single entry gpp(Fanduel MLB), what would your strategy be?

Play the team that has the highest expected value

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).