NFL FORUM

Comments

• saahilsud

• 2016 RotoGrinders TPOY Champion

• Previously Ranked: #1 Overall

Hey everyone! My name is Saahil Sud, and I’m currently #1 in RotoGrinders.com’s Grinder rankings and am first in the current TPOY leader board. I previously operated under the screen name MaxDalury but changed that on all sites on 2/1/16 to SaahilSud. I am one of the founders of the DFS strategy and content site rotoql – Rotogrinders reached out to me and I’m going to spend some time this week answering DFS strategy and multi-entry questions.

If you want to know a little more about me here are some interviews that I’ve conducted in the past:

DKWC Video Interview

Daily Fantasy Fix Interview

wbur.org Interview

MODERATION NOTE

Saahil is one of the highest volume players in the DFS industry and has been gracious enough to accept our invitation to answer questions from RotoGrinders users over the course of this week. We want to keep this positive. Strategy and multi entry questions are welcome. To prevent this thread from becoming negative we are not allowing questions on scripting. All forum rules apply and this thread will be moderated to ensure that the thread moves along in a smooth and friendly manner.

• Link
    • Last Updated 3 years ago
  • tonytone1908

@saahilsud said...

DeAndre. No I am pretty sick of Love dropping dimes on a brand new car

Dame’s my favorite. “NO GOOD CLIPPERS!”

• Saurian

Trust me they are not “going broke” by offering lower level players a place to play. Frankly I would rather the sites go broke than cater only to premium high volume players. This is a big country and even if a fraction of the sports fans out there played dfs on a fairly regular basis it would likely bring in more money for the sites. I dont see how providing a place to play(which should be the low stakes) would make them go broke. Since the players clearly won’t police themselves the only alternative is to implement a system to do it for them. The high volume players, as leaders in the community, should be championing a way to bring more people to dfs. Otherwise the eventual outcome will be the same. That would be a relatively small group of pros just shuffling there money around between each other.

• baseballs

thanks saahil for doing this AMA (ES). i was originally going to ask “how do you plan to remain profitable after RotoQL becomes self-aware and creates its own DK account?” then i realized saahil autocorrects to “sahib” which means “holder, master, or owner”. so i’ll ask it this way. how close are we to RotoQL becoming self-aware and passing saahil as sahib of DFS?

• hferebee

What is your strategy for building MLB lineups. I currently play 3-5 lineups per day, but only win on average $6 per day.

• teamcdot

How much did RotoGrinders pay you to do this AMA?

• tvsfrink

@tvsfrink said...

I understand why you play every game available (even quarter arcades) but I’ve seen you in free contests with no payouts. Why do you do that?

I understand there are questions you wouldn’t answer but I think this is a reasonable one.

• wcuball29

Saahil, do you play the Powerball? And if so, are you single or mass entry on it? What does the clerk say when you ask for 500 tickets?

• saahilsud

@tvsfrink said...

I understand there are questions you wouldn’t answer but I think this is a reasonable one.

I use the add 1 to all entry on DK contest page, just realized that you could filter by entry fee (or its a new feature) on that now. Haven’t been joining $2 entries or below now

• saahilsud

@baseballs said...

thanks saahil for doing this AMA (ES). i was originally going to ask “how do you plan to remain profitable after RotoQL becomes self-aware and creates its own DK account?” then i realized saahil autocorrects to “sahib” which means “holder, master, or owner”. so i’ll ask it this way. how close are we to RotoQL becoming self-aware and passing saahil as sahib of DFS?

13.5 months

• tvsfrink

Oh ok, cool. I didn’t even realize there was such a feature, when you play $10 a day an “add 1 to all entries” button seems a little dangerous. ;)

• saahilsud

@chess_is_ok said...

You mentioned playing DFS all but two days last year. How do you find time to improve your process under the pressure of having to set rosters every 24hours? How much time per day do you spend QA’ing input/output for that day’s events?

Try to find a couple of hours/day during the summer, very little time for it in the fall

• saahilsud

@wcuball29 said...

Saahil, do you play the Powerball? And if so, are you single or mass entry on it? What does the clerk say when you ask for 500 tickets?

I don’t. If I don’t enjoy the sweat no point in putting myself in -EV position

• swh10e

What do you look for when selecting players for your PGA teams? I’ve found that this is one of the most difficult sports to pick players for.

• manoftroy

@manoftroy said...

I’d be interested in hearing your thoughts on these:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cognitive_biases

….and what substances, ahem I mean steps, help you mitigate them.

Bump

• Eejaym

@saahilsud said...

Hey everyone! My name is Saahil Sud, and I’m currently #1 in RotoGrinders.com’s Grinder rankings and am first in the current TPOY leader board. I previously operated under the screen name MaxDalury but changed that on all sites on 2/1/16 to SaahilSud. I am one of the founders of the DFS strategy and content site rotoql – Rotogrinders reached out to me and I’m going to spend some time this week answering DFS strategy and multi-entry questions.

If you want to know a little more about me here are some interviews that I’ve conducted in the past:

DKWC Video Interview

wbur.org Interview

MODERATION NOTE

Saahil is one of the highest volume players in the DFS industry and has been gracious enough to accept our invitation to answer questions from RotoGrinders users over the course of this week. We want to keep this positive. Strategy and multi entry questions are welcome. To prevent this thread from becoming negative we are not allowing questions on scripting. All forum rules apply and this thread will be moderated to ensure that the thread moves along in a smooth and friendly manner.

Hey what are your feelings on the 80-20 rule regarding cash and GPP Games?

• skibler704

@saahilsud said...

DKWC Video Interview

wbur.org Interview

MODERATION NOTE

What advice do you have for new people in this Dfs world?

• smallANDflaccid

The more I read about confirmation bias, the more important I think it is in all areas of life.

• Jrozzinri

RG Overall Ranking

Hey Saahil thanks for doing this. I enjoy watching your picks for #dfsgolf. I was wondering what your process is to focus and highlight those big contrarian base picks. I.e bud cauley two weeks back

• Haleyi14

I’ve used a variety of optimal lineup generators including rotogrinders and at times lineups are generated with little to no stacking. The unstacked lineups have been successful in cash games but what are your thoughts on GPPs? Do you suggest always having some sort of stack in GPPs? Even if its only a small stack?

Thanks.

• tkdman14

• 2015 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

With NBA being such a low-variance sport compared to the others, how do you go about being more contrarian with certain spots to take down GPPs since so much is based on min/opportunity/more accurate projections? Thanks!

• yogaflame

How much money have you made off the corpse of Aaron Hill in 2016?

• EadesScience

This is a great thread and the RotoQL University a superb learning tool. Especially the MLB Strategy series of powerpoints.

I do have a question for you sir. As I am constantly trying to get better at the hobby I love, I chose Saahil SUD to study for the reason of trying to understand your analytic strategy.

Did you have anyone that you ever followed or studied to try and figure out their tactical wisdom?

Ricky

• mchin1027

Do you think Joe Flacco is an elite quarterback?

• dbiggs24

First of all, you are hilarious. And if your answers that are not hilarious are not sarcastic, then you are as awesome of a person as you are a DFS player.

Two questions: 1. What is the single most important factor for choosing MLB hitters? 2. I saw that you absolutely crushed PGA golf a few weeks ago – In a sport that is so wildly erratic with performance (see: Fowler at the 2106 masters), how is it that your data based analysis can be so effective for PGA?

• Immaculate

If you entered 150 lineups in a fairly standard (payouts to top 20%, 20% of prize pool to 1st, cash line pays twice the entry fee) 5000-entry DK MLB GPP daily, how many days would it take for you to feel 90% certain that you would always come out +ROI? Long, convoluted sentence. Stating it another way: What is the maximum sample size (in days) that it would take for you to be +ROI, with about a 90% certainty.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

• FanDuel

Get 1-month of RotoGrinders Premium for FREE (a ~$40value) by signing up through one of our links!

Learn More
  • DraftKings

Sign up for DraftKings using a RotoGrinders link & receive our DraftKings Premium content FREE for 1 month. That’s a ~$40 value! No DraftKings promo code necessary!

Learn More
  • FantasyDraft

FantasyDraft strives to put players first, with a mission to “provide a fun and fair experience for all.” To this end, the site has a well-built, easy-to-use interface and a the first of its kind in offering “Rake-Free” fantasy contests.

Learn More

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler