NFL FORUM

Comments

• saahilsud

• 2016 RotoGrinders TPOY Champion

• Previously Ranked: #1 Overall

Hey everyone! My name is Saahil Sud, and I’m currently #1 in RotoGrinders.com’s Grinder rankings and am first in the current TPOY leader board. I previously operated under the screen name MaxDalury but changed that on all sites on 2/1/16 to SaahilSud. I am one of the founders of the DFS strategy and content site rotoql – Rotogrinders reached out to me and I’m going to spend some time this week answering DFS strategy and multi-entry questions.

If you want to know a little more about me here are some interviews that I’ve conducted in the past:

DKWC Video Interview

Daily Fantasy Fix Interview

wbur.org Interview

MODERATION NOTE

Saahil is one of the highest volume players in the DFS industry and has been gracious enough to accept our invitation to answer questions from RotoGrinders users over the course of this week. We want to keep this positive. Strategy and multi entry questions are welcome. To prevent this thread from becoming negative we are not allowing questions on scripting. All forum rules apply and this thread will be moderated to ensure that the thread moves along in a smooth and friendly manner.

• Link
    • Last Updated 4 years ago
  • FoothillsFlash

With the NBA being such low variance compared to other DFS sports, what’s the most amount of salary cap you’ll routinely leave on the table when creating a line-up?

• JustGetMetoSunday

Saahil, first of all, guys like you are the reason why I can play for a Million bucks every Sunday during football season, so thanks for that…really helps me get through the week. So my questions are as follows —

1) Say hypothetically you could only put in 12 lineups — would you stack 6 teams with two variations each, stack two teams with six variations each, or something in between?

2) Also, say hypothetically you could only spend $500 per week on NFL DFS, how many lineups would you enter and what contests?

• yanks237

Saahil,

First off, thanks for taking the time and doing this for the community. Especially since you get a lot of flak on here and I hope people read through this as it will definitely change their perception of you.

Question:

You mentioned R and Python for Data Analysis. By analysis could you give an example? Such as projections or are you creating regression models on finding the best indicators, etc?

I have a pretty good foundation in both (more so R) and good education in Stats and Probability. What starting project would you suggest to get someone started in the field? (Could even be something where the results are already known)

Thank you and good luck moving forward!

• Avgplayer

Does size matter? Asking for a friend.

• zackthys

Hi Saahil!

I’ve created my own MLB projections in excel. My approach has been scaling up or down hitter stats based on the opposing pitcher stats. For example, if it is Mike Trout vs. Clayton Kershaw, and vs. Lefties Mike Trout hits 0.05 HR’s per PA, and Clayton Kershaw vs Righties allows half the amount that the average pitcher vs. Righty allows, then Mike Trout HR per PA is cut in half to 0.025. Of course I have other factors added to my projections as well, its not that simple.

Is there a way to improve these scaled baselines? Are your projections scaled in a similar way?

Thanks in advance.

• GoldStandard000

Hey Saahil!

This is for cash games on fanduel. Often times I’ll research and the matchup will look very appealing and it might even be the chalk play, but sometimes theres a play I like more, but its not necessarily chalk. For example, On May 20th Aaron Nola was the chalk pitcher, but I preferred Jake Arrieta. I thought Nola had a chance to do sub par, and that the Braves could be sneaky based on my research. I went with the much lesser owned Arrieta and it paid off and let me cash. Do you think I just got lucky or is this something I should consider doing more often? Is fading the chalk sometimes underrated in cash games?

• deejones49

Still waiting on Ryazan to ask a question

• tvsfrink

Why ask a question when you have all the answers?

• Potsmoke

Your my new hero haha

• saahilsud

@mchin1027 said...

Do you think Joe Flacco is an elite quarterback?

No. Don’t think he is in the top 5 QBs

• saahilsud

@Haleyi14 said...

I’ve used a variety of optimal lineup generators including rotogrinders and at times lineups are generated with little to no stacking. The unstacked lineups have been successful in cash games but what are your thoughts on GPPs? Do you suggest always having some sort of stack in GPPs? Even if its only a small stack?

Thanks.

I always stack in GPPs and use an optimized lineup based on my projections in cash games

• saahilsud

@JustGetMetoSunday said...

Saahil, first of all, guys like you are the reason why I can play for a Million bucks every Sunday during football season, so thanks for that…really helps me get through the week. So my questions are as follows —

1) Say hypothetically you could only put in 12 lineups — would you stack 6 teams with two variations each, stack two teams with six variations each, or something in between?

2) Also, say hypothetically you could only spend $500 per week on NFL DFS, how many lineups would you enter and what contests?

1. Depends on the slate. Some weeks I may stack 1 qb some I would stack 6 or 7.
    2. Probably 50 $25 teams in a flat GPP

• saahilsud

@yanks237 said...

Saahil,

First off, thanks for taking the time and doing this for the community. Especially since you get a lot of flak on here and I hope people read through this as it will definitely change their perception of you.

Question:

You mentioned R and Python for Data Analysis. By analysis could you give an example? Such as projections or are you creating regression models on finding the best indicators, etc?

I have a pretty good foundation in both (more so R) and good education in Stats and Probability. What starting project would you suggest to get someone started in the field? (Could even be something where the results are already known)

Thank you and good luck moving forward!

I create my own projections

• saahilsud

@Avgplayer said...

Does size matter? Asking for a friend.

Not if you can multi-enter

• saahilsud

@Eejaym said...

Hey what are your feelings on the 80-20 rule regarding cash and GPP Games?

It’s fine. Do whatever you think makes sense between your bankroll goals and skill level/research time

• saahilsud

@IronMonkey415 said...

Whooper or Big Mac?

Neither. Give me a real cheeseburger

• tgowen

• Blogger of the Month

Do you think casual (low stakes) players have a greater chance at long term success by playing GPP’s or cash games (50/50’s, H2H’s, DU’s, etc.)?

• saahilsud

@Immaculate said...

If you entered 150 lineups in a fairly standard (payouts to top 20%, 20% of prize pool to 1st, cash line pays twice the entry fee) 5000-entry DK MLB GPP daily, how many days would it take for you to feel 90% certain that you would always come out +ROI? Long, convoluted sentence. Stating it another way: What is the maximum sample size (in days) that it would take for you to be +ROI, with about a 90% certainty.

MLB variance is pretty insane 100 days to be fairly certain you are profitable.

• saahilsud

@tgowen said...

Do you think casual (low stakes) players have a greater chance at long term success by playing GPP’s or cash games (50/50’s, H2H’s, DU’s, etc.)?

GPPs are softer but you could be a profitable player and have a losing year. Whatever you decide on playing make sure you tailor your approach to that game type

• Jason10

What was your major in college?

• MrFantasy

How much higher do you expect rake to get in the future?

• mizzoutigers48

• 2016 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

I have a bankroll question. Are there certain benchmarks you use to determine when and how much you cash out and how much you leave as your bankroll. Ex: After X amount is won you remove Y from your bankroll.

Look forward to seeing you in Toronto in a few months!

• BooduhKing

Who is your favorite golden girl?

• eKing

I have been away from RG for most of the last few months and this guy above^^ stole my style, name+avatar. lol jk

Max, this time last year everyone was talking about Condia. Now, the only place I see Condia is on the back of a DFS milk carton. Will we still be talking about Max this time next year? or some new kid?

BTW, I noticed you started in 2009 on FD and we are just now hearing about you the past 12 months or so. Would you say you had to pay your dues grinding to get where you are?

• hambazaza

RG Blog Program Manager, 2014 RG Party Beer Pong Champion

• Blogger of the Month

• Beer Pong Champion

Saahil, thanks for doing this! a couple of quick questions:

1) Who has better abs? you or condia?

2) I’ve seen your improvement in soccer over time, do you get a chance to watch the games or are you just a stats/Expected value driven guy when it comes to your soccer research?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.