NBA FORUM

• viciousphilpy

Tonight is the first night, and I’m going against Tinderella. I saw him take down a couple of GPPs, so I decided to try him first.

The first game just locked and so far we have no advantage, we both have Wall and Porter.

I don’t know if anyone is interested in this, but I figured others could discuss their H2Hs, preferably with the top guys, here.

• viciousphilpy

PG – Wall
    SG – ?
    SF – Porter
    PF – ?
    C – ?
    G – ?
    F – ?
    UTIL – ?

• viciousphilpy

I just realized that Bismack is in an early game, I have Biyombo, Tinderella does not.

• viciousphilpy

So with the early dominance of Biyombo, I changed my lineup slightly to lower the risk of the remaining players. I previously was punting at SG with Tim Hardaway, Jr. against the awful Nuggets, but with Biyombo giving me a lead I decided to lower the risk.

Unfortunately, I had to pivot off of Lance Stephenson, the rare moment where keeping the UTIL position open backfired. UTIL had to be used for Thabo Sefolosha in this spot with the new SG spot tbd.

He has revealed Bro Lo, Lance Stephenson, and Briante Webber as his next plays.

I really wanted Stephenson, but I will instead be rooting for Thabo.

Tinderella-
    PG- Wall, 29.75 HALFTIME
    SG- ?
    SF- Porter 12 HALFTIME
    PF- ?
    C- BRoLo
    G- Briante Webber
    F- Lance Stephenson
    Util- ?

vs.

PG- Wall
    SG- ?
    SF- Porter
    PF- Millsap
    C- Biyombo, 27.25 HALFTIME
    G- ?
    F- Giannis Antetokoumpo
    Util- Thabo Sefolosha

• thedude404

• 2015 FanDuel NBA Playboy Mansion Finalist

@viciousphilpy said...

Tonight is the first night, and I’m going against Tinderella. I saw him take down a couple of GPPs, so I decided to try him first.

The first game just locked and so far we have no advantage, we both have Wall and Porter.

I don’t know if anyone is interested in this, but I figured others could discuss their H2Hs, preferably with the top guys, here.

over/under on how many posts this goes?

• AWoo

@thedude404 said...

over/under on how many posts this goes?

1.5 more from OP?

• viciousphilpy

So far I’m winning 290-215. I may not be the greatest player, but I just hit that insulting o/u at the very least.

Beginners luck tho, my original cash lineup with Tim hard away Jr and Stephenson is currently 20th in the crossover, so it doesn’t look like anyone stood a chance against me tonight.

• viciousphilpy

Ended up 7th in the crossover. So stoked. So the answer is definitely until the end of the season.

• Shipmymoney

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #9

RG Tiered Ranking

• x3

2016 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

• 2016 FanDuel MLB Playboy Mansion Finalist

I call next

• kingofqueens

• x3

2016 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

• 2019 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

Is Tinderella a fish?

• viciousphilpy

@Shipmymoney said...

I call next

I already challenged MakeItRain84 for tomorrow’s contest.

I’ve seen Tinderella win GPPs, so I went for him. Some other names on my list are ChipotleAddict, Saahilsud, SynZin, the clone, etc.

• btwice80

@viciousphilpy said...

Some other names on my list are ChipotleAddict, Saahilsud, SynZin, the clone, etc.

This would be 10x more interesting if you chose like 10 of them and played them all every night for $5 each (or whatever amount you want). It would also tell you more where you stood as opposed to one random matchup per day.

• dakimbell

@btwice80 said...

This would be 10x more interesting if you chose like 10 of them and played them all every night for $5 each (or whatever amount you want). It would also tell you more where you stood as opposed to one random matchup per day.

Yep! that would make for better theatre!

• viciousphilpy

I was thinking more along the lines of a feature on each player’s night. A sample size. I was going to show their score and my score and their choices next to my choices.. speaking of which:

Tonight Tinderella chose:

PG John Wall 57.25
    SG Rodney Hood 12.75
    SF Otto Porter 26.75
    PF Derrick Favors 23.75
    C Brook Lopez 15.25
    G Briante Weber 12
    F Lance Stephenson 37.25
    UTIL ShelvinMack 41

For a point total of 226. Kind of pooped the bed, but it happens to us all. Kind of took away the drama.

I played:

PG John Wall 57.25
    SG Rodney Hood 12.75
    SF Otto Porter 26.75
    PF Paul Millsap 44.75
    C Bismack Biyombo 52.75
    G Shelvin Mack 41
    F Giannis Anteto 47
    UTIL ThaboSefolosha 23.25

For a total score of 305.5

I know that there have been some on here who start these to toot their own horns, and I don’t mind that either, mine is just here to show you guys what one of the top guys is playing tonight, and if you want to chime in with your head-to-heads, preferably with one of the top players, that would be awesome. I’d love to know whether my lineup would beat Saahilsud’s on a given night. Tomorrow night I’ll find out about MakeItRain84, who will likely be a much tougher matchup than Tinderella.

• Sjv

This is cool, keep it up. Good luck!

• EdwardCc

I really liked this… please continue doing them!

I never really considered playing just one head to head for higher stakes before.. I may have to give it a shot!

• Breeze613

Very interesting, I look forward to reading up on this more!

• viciousphilpy

And so it begins! My matchup with Rotogrinders’ 4th ranked NBA DFS player, MakeItRain84!

So far we have two players shared, they are: Enes Kanter, Brandon Jennings.

However, I have LeBron, and Nerlens.

MakeItRain84:
    PG-Jennings
    SG- ?
    SF-?
    PF-?
    C-Enes Kanter
    G-?
    F-?
    Util-?

Mine:

PG- Jennings
    SG- ?
    SF- LeBron
    PF- Nerlens
    C – Kanter
    G-?
    F-?
    Util-?

Let the games begin!

• viciousphilpy

In a pretty surprising turn of events at the 4:30 slate, MakeItRain84 reveals only one player, DeMarcus Cousins! Everyone was on the fade train today against the Pistons, apparently not MakeItRain84!

I have revealed KCP, and Bismack Biyombo. As of now Noel is crapping the bed and I don’t appreciate it lol.

• Tpcslj47

Your updating this thread looks to have also pooped the bed

• viciousphilpy

Yeah, I updated until I went to work and then I wasn’t able to until now. He beat me down pretty hard, the score ended up 265.5-242.25.

His lineup:

PG- Jennings 14.75
    SG- Harden 60.75
    SF- Chandler Parsons – 24.75
    PF- DeMarcus Cousins – 54.5
    C- Enes Kanter – 24.25
    G- Patrick Beverley 45.75
    F- Mirza Teletovic- 17.75
    Util- Mason Plumlee- 23.5

vs my

PG- Jennings 14.25
    SG- KCP 38
    SF- Lebron 40.75
    PF- Noel – 31.25
    C- Kanter-24.25
    G- Lavine 33.25
    F- Draymond – 35
    Util – Bismack 24.75

I really shouldn’t have switched to Lebron, but it happens. Today I play 19massey89. The pickings were surprisingly slim, maybe the big guys don’t play Saturday slates.

• spiggott7

• viciousphilpy

A really bad game from Patrick Beverly sank me against 19massey89, who put together a solid but not stellar lineup and still I couldn’t pass him, having to work weekend nights I can’t take advantage of late-swap like I normally do.

My lineup:
    PG Patrick Beverley 14.75
    SG Nicolas Batum 52
    SF Lance Stephenson 22.75
    PF Derrick Favors 39
    C Marreese Speights 6.75
    G Shelvin Mack 35.25
    F Michael Beasley 38.75
    UTIL Stephen Curry 34

Total Points: 243.25

19massey89:

PG George Hill 42.25
    SG Monta Ellis 34
    SF Lance Stephenson 22.75
    PF LaMarcus Aldridge 44.75
    C Joffrey Lauvergne 7
    G Derrick Rose 31.25
    F Carmelo Anthony 37.75
    UTIL Kemba Walker 35.25

Total Points:255.00

Hopefully I’ll snag a game against ChipotleAddict tomorrow, or one of the big guys.

• viciousphilpy

Playing today against ChipotleAddict, who I have really admired in his ability to put a ton of 300 lineups together nightly. Worked hard on this lineup so hopefully my guys come through for me, especially Raymond Felton.

He has only shown Mason Plumlee as his Center, a guy who got off to a hot start last game but then totally petered out and got less than 5 points in the second half.

ChipotleAddict:
    PG:?
    SG:?
    SF:?
    PF:?
    C: Mason Plumlee
    F:?
    G:?
    Util: ?

Mine:

PG: ?
    SG: Raymond Felton
    SF: ?
    PF: David Lee
    C: ?
    F:?
    G:?
    UTIL: Dirk Nowitzki

• viciousphilpy

Just to let you guys know, you can post your head to heads in here too. I’ll keep this as updated as I can but I have work on weekends (I play in a Bar Band), so when I cut out around an hour from now I won’t be back til late.

• viciousphilpy

The 1:30 games revealed nothing from ChipotleAddict, whom I have a sneaking suspicion is stacking Giannis and Boogie.

Me:
    PG- Lowry
    SG- Felton
    SF – ?
    PF – David Lee
    C – Biyombo
    F – ?
    G – ?
    Util- Dirk

so far, Chipotle Addict:

C – Mason Plumlee

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).