INDUSTRY FORUM

Comments

• richierich

A couple of years ago there was an NBA game (I believe in New Orleans?) where the power went out and they had to PPD. That was just one game on a full slate and FD (I don’t remember what DK did) agreed to refund contest entries.

Last night, in MLB, you had a MULTITUDE of games postpone. Not only that, but postpone last minute, after contest start. Some of these games featured what would have been very popular hitters stacks and pitchers. You also had games with conflicting reports going all the way up to 20 minutes before first-pitch. LA/SF was “they’re saying it’s a no go”. Followed by tweets saying “they handed in game notes to beat reporters – looks like a go”.

Last night, I started out being on Sonny Gray, changed to Lamet when CIN PPD’d, changed to Gausman when SD PPD’d, and THENFINALLY… had to change to Jon Gray. Literally, the last option if you were using Rockies bats. I also had to use Marte against Gray with Croneworth’s game being a late PPD in SD. I had Dodger bats I had to come off of when the fear of PPD’s arose. Wound up with like 2K of leftover salary that I would have totally used in a different fashion.

I had no chance. I know many others didn’t either. Some of those people invested much larger into the slate than I did. Thankfully, I was short on time and only made one LU.

I totally and completely understand that the slate still completed. I was against refunds for NBA New Orleans power outage a couple of years ago. But… the precedent was sort of set. This was way worse, too.

Sort of just throwing that out there. I don’t really expect anything to happen.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).