MAIN FORUM

Comments

• tommygmets86

If this Spurs game gets cancelled…

Is there anything DFS sites can do to accomodate?

• Greebo

On FD if the game is played tomorrow everything counts, if not…entry fees are refunded. Figures as I am winning all my H2H’s and 50/50’s even with Brandon Knight getting Drewed….

• stlcardinals84

Leading RG Analyst

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

• 2018 DraftKings FBBWC Finalist

Reason #45662342 to allow late swap.

• easternmh

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

@Greebo said…

On FD if the game is played tomorrow everything counts, if not…entry fees are refunded. Figures as I am winning all my H2H’s and 50/50’s even with Brandon Knight getting Drewed….

where you get this from?

• matt686575

Rooting for cancelation, I started markieff Morris instead of Tristan Thompson, dang that was stupid. There goes three game win streak…

• Greebo

@easternmh said…

where you get this from?

from FD’s rules under terms and conditions
    Rules for how postponed games are treated in FanDuel contests vary depending on the sport and contest type. For NFL contests, you will receive points for any postponed games that are played no later than Wednesday of that week. For one day MLB contests, if the postponed game is played on the same day then you will receive points for your players in those games as normal. If a game is postponed to a later date or called off for any reason, any players you have selected for that game will receive zero points. For one day NBA and NHL contests, you will receive points for any postponed games that are played no later than the next day. For any NBA, MLB, and NHL contests that are scheduled to include games from multiple days (such as some playoff contests), you will receive points for any games that are played no later than the day after the last game scheduled as part of the contest. For postponed CFB games, you will receive points for the game if it is played no later than the following Tuesday. If game cancellations and/or postponements mean there is only one game left in a contest, then the contest will be canceled and all entry fees will be refunded. If game cancellations and/or postponements mean that there are only two games left in a contest, then the contest may be canceled at FanDuel’s discretion. In the event that this happens, all entry fees will be refunded. NOTE: A game will be considered to be ‘played’ on a given day if it begins on that day and is completed no later than 6am Eastern on the following day.

• thedude404

• 2015 FanDuel NBA Playboy Mansion Finalist

@easternmh said…

where you get this from?

the rules.

• Greebo

Also everyone in FD chat is saying Condia had a hand in starting the fire, or knew about it before hand and that is why his early lineup had no Spurs or T-Wolves…sometimes, just sometimes FD chat is well worth the read for it’s entertainment value!

• thedude404

• 2015 FanDuel NBA Playboy Mansion Finalist

@tommygmets86 said…

If this Spurs game gets cancelled…

Is there anything DFS sites can do to accomodate?

on draftstreet.com i have parker going but the rules clearly state if the game is cancelled or postponed you get zero points. pretty straightforward. my thing is if they make an exception for this, that just opens the door for other exceptions.

• tommygmets86

If I lose money because I can’t swap these players out I will be switching all my action to late-swap sites. Bare minimum there should be a refund. This isn’t a late scratch it’s an entire game being cancelled

• pokerrob1970

DraftDay BLB Finalist

Its the same on FD. If the game does not get played by the next day the players score zero

• pokerrob1970

DraftDay BLB Finalist

@tommygmets86 said…

If I lose money because I can’t swap these players out I will be switching all my action to late-swap sites. Bare minimum there should be a refund. This isn’t a late scratch it’s an entire game being cancelled

LOL Sorry man buts whats the diff between this and a rained out game in MLB?

• Greebo

@pokerrob1970 said…

Its the same on FD. If the game does not get played by the next day the players score zero

It is NOT the same as FD.

• tommygmets86

@pokerrob1970 said…

Um, there’s a pretty big difference…
    If there is a chance of heavy rain, I and any other player who knows the slightest bit about daily fantasy baseball don’t pick players in that game. I don’t recall seeing a 100% chance of electrical fires in tonight’s indoor stadium forecast.

• pokerrob1970

DraftDay BLB Finalist

@tommygmets86 said…

Um, there’s a pretty big difference…
    If there is a chance of heavy rain, I and any other player who knows the slightest bit about daily fantasy baseball don’t pick players in that game. I don’t recall seeing a 100% chance of electrical fires in tonight’s indoor stadium forecast.

OK then how about if its an earthquake, Would that make it better??

• pokerrob1970

DraftDay BLB Finalist

@Greebo said…

It is NOT the same as FD.

Um ya it is. try reading the rules that you yourself posted

• matt686575

@pokerrob1970 said…

This is probably the dumbest thing I’ve read on here. If you can’t figure that out…..

• miggytoddbest

• 2014 FanDuel WFBC Finalist

Message from Draft Kings and Associate Press was at 8:57 for DK and AP reported at 8:53, why no immediate notice somewhere after the AP report when we could have had 5-6 minutes to switch out late leagues on FD and others offering those at least.

I received my notification at 9:02, it needs to be quicker than that or tied in to AP streams and auto sent.

• MrTuttle05

RG Overall Ranking

• 2016 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

• 2017 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

@pokerrob1970 said…

Yikes.

• tommygmets86

• pokerrob1970

DraftDay BLB Finalist

@matt686575 said…

This is probably the dumbest thing I’ve read on here. If you can’t figure that out…..

What difference does it make to you as a DFS player why the game is postponed? Rain, smoke, Earthquake what ever… Hell two years ago it was the dome collapsing in Minny that cost many of us a lot of cash. Shit happens and that is why the rules are clear.

• Greebo

@Greebo said…

from FD’s rules under terms and conditions
    Rules for how postponed games are treated in FanDuel contests vary depending on the sport and contest type. For NFL contests, you will receive points for any postponed games that are played no later than Wednesday of that week. For one day MLB contests, if the postponed game is played on the same day then you will receive points for your players in those games as normal. If a game is postponed to a later date or called off for any reason, any players you have selected for that game will receive zero points. For one day NBA and NHL contests, you will receive points for any postponed games that are played no later than the next day. For any NBA, MLB, and NHL contests that are scheduled to include games from multiple days (such as some playoff contests), you will receive points for any games that are played no later than the day after the last game scheduled as part of the contest. For postponed CFB games, you will receive points for the game if it is played no later than the following Tuesday. If game cancellations and/or postponements mean there is only one game left in a contest, then the contest will be canceled and all entry fees will be refunded. If game cancellations and/or postponements mean that there are only two games left in a contest, then the contest may be canceled at FanDuel’s discretion. In the event that this happens, all entry fees will be refunded. NOTE: A game will be considered to be ‘played’ on a given day if it begins on that day and is completed no later than 6am Eastern on the following day.

“If game cancellations and/or postponements mean there is only one game left in a contest, then the contest will be canceled and all entry fees will be refunded.”

• matt686575

This is just random crap though, what next a phoned in threat cancels a game?

Sites should work something out because this is going to piss off a lot of people.

• tommygmets86

@Greebo said…

“If game cancellations and/or postponements mean there is only one game left in a contest, then the contest will be canceled and all entry fees will be refunded.”

There are more than two games tonight.

• tommygmets86

@matt686575 said…

This is just random crap though, what next a phoned in threat cancels a game?

Sites should work something out because this is going to piss off a lot of people.

I can say for me personally I will be moving all my money back into late-swap sites.

• Greebo

@tommygmets86 said…

There are more than two games tonight.

There will be only one game left in the contest after all the other games are played tonight :p

Believe me, I’d MUCH rather they gave me zeros for any T-Wolves and Spurs I played…if they cancel the contests and refund, I’m out 50 bucks in winnings :p

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.