INDUSTRY FORUM

Comments

• Draftpot_Eric

Hey all,

We’re ​always looking to improve our product and we’re taking the next step by engaging on a holistic level with our user base en masse.

How would you improve Draftpot?

Any feedback (good or bad) is greatly appreciated.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Cheers,
    Eric

• BobGrinder

Quarter arcade!

• yanks237

Hey Eric!

I appreciate you reaching out and that’s why I’ve become a huge fan of Drafpot. My one concern is in the double up GPPs. The $10 is 1100 entries with 500 paying out. The max entry is 110 which accounts for 10% of the field. If that person enters one lineup and places they account for 110 of 500 winning entries or 22% of the payout pool. Just seems a bit absurd to me in what is suppose to be a 50/50 contest. (I know it’s a double up so not truly 50/50). I am sure many of us wouldn’t mind a smaller entry pool of say 500 with a limit of 10 or even 25 for 5%. It will also help with any layover problems.

Before anyone says this is what everyone else is doing in the industry, well no one else provides take free H2H so why not?

Thanks and as always keep up the great work!

• ataros

Great site, but please tighten up the salary cap in GM mode football. 140 is far too high and produces very similar lineups to Fan mode. What is the point of GM mode if you can produce almost equal lineups to Fan mode?

• GGee87

I agree with Ataros. Fan Mode and GM mode seem to have very similar outcomes when I create a lineup. Ofcourse I have to differentiate a little… it still ends up close. Doesnt reward people who put in more time and effort. IMO. Quarter arcades would be nice as well.

• jimmyrad

Default filters please. I set to NFL/fan mode/$ amount, join a game, back to lobby and have to reset the filters.

• Semperfibw92

Improve your iPad experience

• soopra

I’ve been really enjoying the site but the interface and look are horrible. overall, the site just needs a “cleaner” look with better fonts and colors. If you need some inspiration, take a look at starsdraft’s layout. I also wish the results page was more similar to FD where it’s just a vertical list that shows entry fees and winnings.

• ataros

Love the site but more feedback:

The import functionality is awful if you need to start hitting “Load more” multiple times. I would remove all the gimmicky graphics on import and just create a simple list that one can easily scroll through all lineups on one page – similar to how FD does it.

Remove all Grid layouts and use List layouts everywhere. I get that you’re trying to make it look cool, but Lists are used everywhere for a reason, because they are functionally far superior for displaying data. I get that you have an option to switch to List in some spots – but in other spots you do not.

• dbroth01

I live in Michigan, so I can’t play on Starsdraft, so I came over to Draftpot and am really enjoying it. One of the things I used to enjoy on Starsdraft were Anonymous H2H contests, I’d enter one contest multiple times and get matched up with multiple opponents without having to scout around for games. I think that would be a great thing to add for Draftpot (especially now with 0% H2H rake —- which is awesome).

• dbroth01

@jimmyrad said...

Default filters please. I set to NFL/fan mode/$ amount, join a game, back to lobby and have to reset the filters.

This —- making the filters “sticky” would be great.

• jregger

Strongly strongly agree with implementing filters that stick!!

• Draftpot_Eric

@BobGrinder said...

Quarter arcade!

Appreciate the response. We usually have a few small quarter arcades, and we will continue to increase these as we grow.

• stv1313

RG Overall Ranking

I don’t like the fact that you can only swap like-kind positions when using Global Swap. If I’m switching out a player in a flex position, I don’t believe that I should be limited to switching out a player at that same position.

• StuBarnes

The main thing that needs some fixing is lineup editing. Not sure if this is the case with others but often times I’ve been told my lineup is invalid when I try to make changes ~2 minutes before games start. This has kind of forced me to take my action elsewhere, especially during NBA season where late tinkering is huge.
    The other big issue with editing is once games start and you want to make late changes. To my knowledge, you have to change each entry individually to apply your fixes even if they are the same lineup and the same change is being made. This can incredibly tedious and definitely needs to be fixed.

• rocky9995

I know there hasn’t been a ton of marquee games thus far but please post college basketball contests. And when u do, please make the selection with more GPPs. The last few days of contests were 90 percent double ups and only one GPP. Thanks

• BobGrinder

@Draftpot_Eric said...

Appreciate the response. We usually have a few small quarter arcades, and we will continue to increase these as we grow.

I have never noticed one before and I just went to look and I see penny and dime arcade too! Did you guys just add those?

• rahtbarg

Eric, I really like playing on Draftpot, but the iPhone app is slow and freezes quite a bit. I would love a dedicated iPad app. Thanks.

• Draftpot_Eric

@yanks237 said...

Hey Eric!

I appreciate you reaching out and that’s why I’ve become a huge fan of Drafpot. My one concern is in the double up GPPs. The $10 is 1100 entries with 500 paying out. The max entry is 110 which accounts for 10% of the field. If that person enters one lineup and places they account for 110 of 500 winning entries or 22% of the payout pool. Just seems a bit absurd to me in what is suppose to be a 50/50 contest. (I know it’s a double up so not truly 50/50). I am sure many of us wouldn’t mind a smaller entry pool of say 500 with a limit of 10 or even 25 for 5%. It will also help with any layover problems.

Before anyone says this is what everyone else is doing in the industry, well no one else provides take free H2H so why not?

Thanks and as always keep up the great work!

Thanks for the feedback! We will definitely consider lowering the max cap for double up contests.

• Draftpot_Eric

@ataros said...

Great site, but please tighten up the salary cap in GM mode football. 140 is far too high and produces very similar lineups to Fan mode. What is the point of GM mode if you can produce almost equal lineups to Fan mode?

Appreciate the feedback! Shared with the team. We’ll discuss changing the salary cap for week 12.

• Draftpot_Eric

@GGee87 said...

I agree with Ataros. Fan Mode and GM mode seem to have very similar outcomes when I create a lineup. Ofcourse I have to differentiate a little… it still ends up close. Doesnt reward people who put in more time and effort. IMO. Quarter arcades would be nice as well.

Thanks! Appreciate the feedback! We’ll discuss lowering the salary cap for week 12.

• slashtc

I don’t use all the sites, but the one thing I miss since Draftstreet went away is the 10 player drafts. If there is a site that does drafting, I’m not aware of it. To me, this was the best shot for the little guy to compete with anyone.

• tvsfrink

Agree with sticky filters as well. I hate entering one contest, going back in my browser, and then having to redo the filters.

• sheckiec

@tvsfrink said...

Agree with sticky filters as well. I hate entering one contest, going back in my browser, and then having to redo the filters.

Until they fix this, here’s a good work around:

When you enter a contest, RIGHT CLICK on Enter —> Open link in new tab

This will allow you to enter the contest without closing the Lobby. The Contest Lobby will remain as is AND will note your entry in the contest you just entered.

• pharoahX

When I try to enter a contest I get an error stating that my IP is in an area where DFS is illegal. I live in Colorado, did I miss something?

• jregger

Improvement for entry fee selection:

1) Make slider more precise (ability to easily select amounts rather than current slider)
    or
    2) Change slider to drop down box with ranges of entry fees (similar to other DFS sites)

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).