SOC FORUM

Comments

• SelfCharmer

Although Only a 3 game slate, this looks to be one of the best yet. All games K.O at 7:45 GMT/ 2:45pm E.T / 11.45 am PT

Slate

Juventus V Palermo
    Granada V Real Betis
    Bastia V Monaco

There is a $6k guaranteed $4 GPP on DK as well as a bunch of single-entry and $0.25-$5 games for people to get their feet wet with some more European Soccer!

• blenderhd

Choose the form of the destructor…

1. Full exposure to Higuain. Dybala & Pjanic each bag a brace.
    2. Full exposure to Higuain. Juve blank and Falcao gets a hat-trick.
    3. Stack Juve except for Higuain. He scores 4 goals.
    4. Stack Juve with Higuain. Lone Bonucci header goal.

• SelfCharmer

Juve exposure is going to be through the roof. Bonucci headed goal for sure.

GK tilt should be out in full force to round off its perfect week

• Yeoman

I wonder why the Bundesliga match is never included in these slates?

• SelfCharmer

@Yeoman said...

I wonder why the Bundesliga match is never included in these slates?

Bundesliga has some rights issues when it comes to using the players and teams, very difficult for any company to get the rights to use them, especially in DFS. It is constantly spoken about and DK would have definitely tried to get it, I just don’t see it happening any time soon

• Yeoman

@SelfCharmer said...

Bundesliga has some rights issues when it comes to using the players and teams, very difficult for any company to get the rights to use them, especially in DFS. It is constantly spoken about and DK would have definitely tried to get it, I just don’t see it happening any time soon

Thanks, didn’t know about this.

Maybe I’ll fire off a note to Fox, suggesting that they might be losing weekend soccer viewers to NBC because DFSers are all focused on the EPL games. There’s what, maybe 20,000 EPL entries each weekend total across the various sites? Their average viewership across their Bundesliga games is only 30-40,000 or so.

(I think I’ll leave out how multiple those entries are.)

Maybe if they bring this up when their contract comes up for renewal the DFL might see the light.

• SelfCharmer

I do not think Fox will be able to do anything, it is the Budesliga itself that has these rules

• elementasrat

I miss Fox Soccer Plus. Why’d they get rid of it?

• Yeoman

@SelfCharmer said...

I do not think Fox will be able to do anything, it is the Budesliga itself that has these rules

I understand that. But the only way it’s ever going to change is if the DFL thinks it makes business sense to change those rules. And the only way that’s going to happen is if they decide it’s hurting the value of their television rights, and they’re unlikely to think that way unless they hear it from their television partners.

Fox’s numbers are way down from where they were in 2015. DFS soccer numbers are way up and two major sites have added EPL games over that period. Maybe they’ll be receptive to the argument?

• Yeoman

@elementasrat said...

I miss Fox Soccer Plus. Why’d they get rid of it?

It’s still on here (we have Time Warner Spectrum) and it’s still on Dish and DirectTV. Maybe you should harass your cable company?

• SelfCharmer

I mean it can’t hurt and is worth a shot, just Bundelsliga are definitely stubborn. DK can easily get all the data feeds so I have to imagine they have tried talking to the DFL as well, it is a big soccer market in the US

• elementasrat

Oops. I just looked it up. What I was referring to was the now defunct Fox Soccer. I also have Spectrum but I think Fox Soccer Plus is a premium channel.

• elementasrat

See you guys at the top of the $4 GPP!

• Yeoman

I don’t know the story in detail but I seem to remember the Football Manager franchise having problems like this. I think for them it was even worse in Serie A than in Germany because some rights were held by the individual clubs instead of the league. But they eventually got deals done everywhere—leagues and clubs realized the marketing advantages of letting FM have the usage.

Of course there are a lot more people playing FM than DFS.

• Yeoman

@elementasrat said...

Oops. I just looked it up. What I was referring to was the now defunct Fox Soccer. I also have Spectrum but I think Fox Soccer Plus is a premium channel.

I think beIn cleaned them out. First they lost England to NBC, then they lost Italy and France to beIn…I guess they thought didn’t have enough left to justify two standalone soccer channels.

Mostly the problem is that their marketing is awful. If you can’t find a way to advertise matches in Dortmund as if they’re something worth watching, you’re doing it wrong.

• webbm1

@Yeoman said...

I don’t know the story in detail but I seem to remember the Football Manager franchise having problems like this. I think for them it was even worse in Serie A than in Germany because some rights were held by the individual clubs instead of the league. But they eventually got deals done everywhere—leagues and clubs realized the marketing advantages of letting FM have the usage.

Of course there are a lot more people playing FM than DFS.

Yes, you could never manage a Bundesliga team and the German national team was never on it I believe.

Maybe the tide will turn, I mean the Bundesliga is on FIFA game with broadcast presentation and stadiums.

• qatman

If you had to pick one UTIL under 4300 not on MCO or JUV – Foulquier, Hector, or someone else?

• qatman

Never mind I swapped Lemar down to Castro. Another day of fading soccer pros…

• Yeoman

@qatman said...

If you had to pick one UTIL under 4300 not on MCO or JUV – Foulquier, Hector, or someone else?

GPP? Petros. Or Jonas Martin. At least they take the occasional crack at goal.

• elementasrat

Lots of overlap. Soccer community getting better and better………

• qatman

@Yeoman said...

GPP? Petros. Or Jonas Martin. At least they take the occasional crack at goal.

Thanks, I ended up going with Castro and Durmisi with Subasic in goal. Figured he might see a bit more action than Buffon.

• qatman

Well that was a short sweat, good luck gents.

• blenderhd

No matter how bad they truly are, Granada actually has a very solid home record. Didn’t expect them to score 3 in the first half, but wasn’t particularly high at all on any of the Betis players – other than maybe Durmisi or Pardo, but they cannibalize eachother on CK/FKs.

• Yeoman

@blenderhd said...

No matter how bad they truly are, Granada actually has a very solid home record. Didn’t expect them to score 3 in the first half, but wasn’t particularly high at all on any of the Betis players – other than maybe Durmisi or Pardo, but they cannibalize eachother on CK/FKs.

The first thing I did today was try to decide on a Granada M/F combo. Started with Ramos/Carcela, eventually switched Carcela to Wakaso. Wish I hadn’t made the change but I think the basic idea was sound—everyone’s attention was on the Italy and France games and I think every Granada player is underowned.

• elementasrat

Awful day for me. Durmisi and Higuain are all I got right.

How did you guys fare?

• jman3034

@elementasrat said...

Awful day for me. Durmisi and Higuain are all I got right.

How did you guys fare?

Not bad! 4th in the quarter arcade, 3rd in the $1 step over, and 16th in the Sweeper

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Sites mentioned in this thread

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Disclosures: All RotoGrinders content contributors are active DFS players. Contributor screen names can be found on their respective RotoGrinders profile pages. Contributors reserve the right to use players or strategies not discussed in their content on RotoGrinders.