INDUSTRY FORUM

Comments

• Notorious

Lead RG Analyst

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 DraftKings FBBWC Finalist

• 2013 FanDuel WFBBC Finalist

Interesting Article…On Condia & 1ucror to FTD.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/mgt-subsidiary-inks-top-fantasy-sports-gamers-248599701.html

• LobStars

@rotokevin said…

I follow all that, but my issue is that the prizes are still determined by number of entrants. If you finish 6th with 10 entrants you get nothing, but if there are 20 entrants, you win. Prizes paid are not determined until the contests lock which is at best on the fringe of the UIGEA.

The language says nothing about total prizes paid, only…“prize offered to the winning participant”

A player knows in advance that finishing in top 50% = a winning participant.

Player also knows in advance that the field may grow, but that “value of prize is not determined by number of participants”

How to win, and how much you will win do not change, and are both determined before contests lock.

That’s my interpretation.

• RU18QT

• Blogger of the Month

@headChopper said…

oh. didnt see it. I usually browse over your posts. They dont really mean much these days.

+1

• Taterchipdip

So this is how Condia gets revenge on FD for limiting him to 250 contests a day? He is now going to market a company that even DB730 pulled his money out of due to shady practices about tax reporting and their 1099s.

Well one things for certain, Condia’s name alone will give FTD a big boost in players to their site.

The question is for how long? Anyone remember Daily Joust? At this point I don’t really think DK and FD are really worried for their player bases in the long run.

• iconfantasyJoe

Nobody is even remotely worried about the fact that Condia’s last name is Chon and yet he didn’t make his DFS name Chondia?

Something is fishy about this.

• cb35

2013 FFFC Finalist, 2013 DFFC Finalist

• 2013 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

wait so you are telling me those aren’t Condia’s abs.

Way to bury the lead with this thread

• winsome

Who cares quite frankly. Simply because they are some of the largest BR players does not necessarily make them the “best” players. I would say that RG is actually more detrimental to the future of DFS than anything these 2 guys could do. Although it’s a great community, the fact that so many are sharing the same information has narrowed the margins between 1st and last considerably. Compared to previous years, the ROI margin is diminishing to the point that being a “profitable” DFS player is more and more difficult unless you have crazy bankroll and nothing but time.

• chacha59

Yeah really makes me want to run over and deposit to the site now.

2 Guys that couldn’t give a rats ass about this Industry are going to save The site that everyone Trusts!

Oh wait there not going to play on that site so that makes it better? Really? Condia Free Site Laughable

Why Couldn’t they just open another account or use some other slugs account to play on the site?

Who is going to stop them?

NO THANKS

I will just keep playing them for the Dollar and 2 dollar games that they NEVER miss at all the other sites.

• futureoffantasy

RG Overall Ranking

I love how everyone assumes Condia is some villain just because he doesn’t post his thoughts and ideas on RG. Just wait and see, people.

• Taterchipdip

Could it be that with Crazygabey’s pull over at FTD, Condia will become a regular Grinders live host? As long as Smizzle doesn’t go anywhere it’s fine.

• stlcardinals84

Leading RG Analyst

• 2018 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

• 2018 DraftKings FBBWC Finalist

@Taterchipdip said…

Could it be that with Crazygabey’s pull over at FTD, Condia will become a regular Grinders live host? As long as Smizzle doesn’t go anywhere it’s fine.

Gabey’s involvement with FTD has zero correlation with his involvement here at RotoGrinders. Let’s be sure that is clear.

• rotokevin

2014 RG Bowling Co-Champion, CPA & DFS Tax Guru

• 2014 FanDuel WFBC Finalist

If we’re talking amateur golf histories, I once lost 4 balls on one hole that had neither trees nor water. That’s good, right?

• CrazyGabey

@rotokevin said…

If we’re talking amateur golf histories, I once lost 4 balls on one hole that had neither trees nor water. That’s good, right?

You are now my hero.

• DillingerFour

FD Rep - DFBMeeMee Champ (x2)

• Blogger of the Month

@rotokevin said…

I want you on my team at the next RGs golf outing.

• BirdWings

• x4

2014 StarStreet MLB Playboy Mansion Finalist

• MLB 2014 Rankings Leader

@rotokevin said…

That’s impressive.

• Kuperman

• x2

2014 FanDuel WFBC Finalist

• 2015 FanDuel MLB Playboy Mansion Finalist

@Jessiej said…

The Condia http://www.usga.org/ChampEventScore.aspx?id=17179869204&year=2011&type=card010

I could def. beat Condia in one thing…golf!! lol

• blackcloud420

Thats the thing hes hid from the public so long that hes not even a celebrity.

I dont see how this helps anyone but condia/1ucror. I can honestly say I will live my whole life and never deposit a penny on that site.

“Celebrity” endorser? Haha

• astukas

RG Overall Ranking

• Blogger of the Month

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAA1xgTTw9w

• bowens1984

• 2014 StarStreet MLB Playboy Mansion Finalist

• RG Season Champion: NBA

@blackcloud420 said…

Thats the thing hes hid from the public so long that hes not even a celebrity.

I dont see how this helps anyone but condia/1ucror. I can honestly say I will live my whole life and never deposit a penny on that site.

“Celebrity” endorser? Haha

Everything they have done so far for the industry was to help themselves, dont see how this will be any different.

• BlakeJ8

@CrazyGabey said…

Nope, that will still be just me for now. Their focus will be on building a better DFS product, media exposure, etc.

Great….more losing!

• ItzJamesFTW

@CrazyGabey said…

You are now my hero.

You said I was your hero Gabey :(

• BlakeJ8

@rotokevin said…

The only thing that makes this story better is if it ended with……..

Oh yeah…and I wasn’t even golfing when it happened.

• dp47

• 2012 RotoGrinders TPOY Champion

• 2012 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

• 2013 FanDuel WFBC Finalist

• 2013 FanDuel NFL Playboy Mansion Finalist

My theory?

Condia & 1ucror are going deep undercover a la Rust Cohle & Marty Hart to take FTD down from the inside.

And Gabey is obviously Ginger from the biker gang.

• lilbitmawhney

I wouldn’t be surprised if Condia was allowed to use a different screen name play on the site and see everyone’s LU prior to lock. That is how much trust I have in FTD/MGT and Condia.. This is the worst partnership. You want credibility you have to partner with creditable people like Smizz, Dink etc..

• Ross

@lilbitmawhney said…

I wouldn’t be surprised if Condia was allowed to use a different screen name play on the site and see everyone’s LU prior to lock. That is how much trust I have in FTD/MGT and Condia.. This is the worst partnership. You want credibility you have to partner with creditable people like Smizz, Dink etc..

Absurd…I can understand not trusting FTD but what exactly did Condia do to lose your trust?
    Yes it can be a dick move to scoop up every low stakes games available but I don’t think that deems someone untrustable. At least not the same type of untrustable as changing the tos without telling people.

• lilbitmawhney

@rrt7573 said…

Absurd…I can understand not trusting FTD but what exactly did Condia do to lose your trust?
    Yes it can be a dick move to scoop up every low stakes games available but I don’t think that deems someone untrustable. At least not the same type of untrustable as changing the tos without telling people.

It’s not that he has done something. It’s just as many have mentioned condia has been 100% self serving thus far in his DFS career. I don’t think my example would happen but I wouldn’t be surprised either. FTD simply has a lot of work to do in order to gain the communities trust back..

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).