13 January

Tottenham 2.4
    Everton 0.65

Nottingham Forest 1.13
    Aston Villa 1.28

Eibar 0.88
    Atletico 1.33

• Dirt_Lavert

Main lu puts up sub 40, backup puts up 58.

Finish JUST off the line in the hedge. 19 cash, finish 21st. 113, finish 146.

And had I played that in cash over my first lu, I’d have been +30 on the day. Instead I lose 100%

This is why I hate the Sahko guy and tilt the smallest stuff. I lose by these absurd margins.

20% cash but believe me I’ll finish 21%

• KindGuy

Wohoo!

Won the $1 Step Over for $80.

This is very bitter sweet though.

First off, my bankroll was down to $2 so I bought two more tickets using my FPP.

My 4 entries all had the Espanyol keepers but like I said before, since I had 4 entries and there were 4 keepers on the slate, it made sense to have each guy in a lineup. If I had just kept him in all 4 lineups, I would’ve got 1st-4th for $168. Instead, I got 1st, 4th, 13th, 19th for $104.64. Oh well.

$4——> $104.64.

• Dirt_Lavert

@elementasrat said...

Wohoo!

Won the $1 Step Over for $80.

This is very bitter sweet though.

First off, my bankroll was down to $2 so I bought two more tickets using my FPP.

My 4 entries all had the Espanyol keepers but like I said before, since I had 4 entries and there were 4 keepers on the slate, it made sense to have each guy in a lineup. If I had just kept him in all 4 lineups, I would’ve got 1st-4th for $168. Instead, I got 1st, 4th, 13th, 19th for $104.64. Oh well.

$4——> $104.64.

• KindGuy

@Dirt_Lavert said...

I had your favorite player, Sako ;)

• MHDU2424

8th/129 in the Golden Boot and cashed a few other smaller ones

Thanks Sako and Espanyol Goalie

Complete crapshoot of a slate though

• warren99

@Dirt_Lavert said...

Nice one.

Bitter sweet a lot better than my bitter bitter, got stuck in a work situation and trying to sort lineups on my phone with a dreadful signal produced predictable results.

CDR with different starting times should be fun tonight

Edit: Sorry, still malfunctioning here, was meant to be a reply to Elementasrat’s post

• Stewburtx8

• 2012 FanDuel WFBC Finalist

@warren99 said...

CDR with different starting times should be fun tonight

Unfortunately the prize pools are soo weak I doubt I will play today

• TheAnswer

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

• x3

2017 Blogger of the Month

@Stewburtx8 said...

Couldn’t agree more. Why not add a few more games to the slate like Man City vs Bristol and up the prize pools? Sometimes it’s just not worth playing these slates.

• KindGuy

Not touching this slate. Can’t play a two game slate where start times are this far apart.

• KindGuy

@TheAnswer said...

Couldn’t agree more. Why not add a few more games to the slate like Man City vs Bristol and up the prize pools? Sometimes it’s just not worth playing these slates.

I don’t think DK has the feed for Carabao cup games. I guess OPTA doesn’t provide it.

• warren99

@Stewburtx8 said...

Yep and now the GPPS are filling they are adding a second 1k Golden Boot and a weaker $750 Sweeper.

• Stewburtx8

@warren99 said...

Yep and now the GPPS are filling they are adding a second 1k Golden Boot and a weaker $750 Sweeper.

I sent a twitter message last night and got the usual excuses: Games starting at 1:30 and 3:30, Atletico may be starting their 2nd team, etc.

I’m like you filled two $3k GPP’s over an hour early (and opened up smaller ones) yesterday with Brighton/CP (12th and 14th in EPL table in a non-EPL game) and Malaga/Espanyol (14th and 19th in La Liga table). If you can fill THAT 2 game slate, you can go that size or bigger on EVERY Interleague slate regardless of teams, start times, cups, leagues, etc.

• hcassidy

They get the feeds for Ligue 1, was surprised they didn’t throw in the Nice/Monaco game which kicks off at 3:00.

• TheAnswer

• x3

DK can make a lot more money from soccer if they actually committed themselves to it. Unfortunately, they seem satisfied enough doing the bare minimum for this sport.

• KindGuy

@hcassidy said...

They get the feeds for Ligue 1, was surprised they didn’t throw in the Nice/Monaco game which kicks off at 3:00.

That’s actually a French League Cup match

• MHDU2424

Feel like they overrate “big teams” too much in terms of how big the contests are

People just want action during the day and really don’t give a shit who’s playing as long as you can research them and get reliable lineups

I really don’t think people out there are like oh man Man United isn’t on this slate, not playing now

Makes no sense to me

• Stewburtx8

@TheAnswer said...

DK can make a lot more money from soccer if they actually committed themselves to it. Unfortunately, they seem satisfied enough doing the bare minimum for this sport.

I agree. I’ve been hard on them since soccer started that they needed to push their GPP’s. People respond to contest size and top prize. THAT is it. If you offer large enough contests, people will play. Once they play, they likely stick around. I’ve never watched a WNBA game in my life. But they offered a $100k GPP for WNBA. It filled and I played it (with multiple entries).

I got into CFL heavily when they were offering $30-40k GPP’s weekly. When they became $3k, I stopped playing. So if they wanted to grow soccer, they could grow it. But they did this same thing with College Basketball and especially College Football, which could have been huge. Nascar even got similar treatment. If contests are filling, there is no reason the next slate should not be bigger. Push it as far as it can go. But far too often the next slate decreases in size (for a variety of stupid reasons usually pertaining to their “analytics” department which should be fired if they even exist). All that does is piss people off and push people away. End rant.

There had been rumors of a Milly Maker for the World Cup too. I don’t see how they could possibly go there but it would be really exciting if they did. It would attract a lot of new money to soccer.

• TheAnswer

• x3

@MHDU2424 said...

I really don’t think people out there are like oh man Man United isn’t on this slate, not playing now

Haha right? If they see money to be won that’s worthwhile, they will play; even those that know jack shit about the sport will be interested. Just like Stewburt mentioned above, yesterday was a crap shoot of a slate but yet bigger GPP’s filled, it’s just a matter of being committed to the sport itself.

• Stewburtx8

@MHDU2424 said...

Feel like they overrate “big teams” too much in terms of how big the contests are

People just want action during the day and really don’t give a shit who’s playing as long as you can research them and get reliable lineups

Makes no sense to me

I’ve made this point FOREVER on Twitter. The size of the contests (guarantees and top prize) are MUCH more important than the teams that are playing. They also consistently contradict themselves with this point as well as we sometimes have slates with 3-4 big teams and they are no bigger than the previous Saturday contests where maybe just Man City was playing.

Not to start a different debate but it’s the same thing with the stupid late swap vs non-late swap argument. If the late swap is $100k and non-late swap $10k, people will play late swap. If it is vice versa, people will play non-late swap. Contest size (and top prize) is the biggest driving force behind what contests DFS players decide to enter.

• TheAnswer

• x3

Atletico up 4-0 already so look for subs/bench players to be listed as starters.

• Birnbach

DraftKings Rep

heard the feedback, going bigger tomorrow w IL contests

• Stewburtx8

@Birnbach said...

Wow, when’s the last time you posted here? Haha. Thanks for chiming in and glad to hear.

• Benn91

Can we go for a fade of Madrid game?

• Dirt_Lavert

@Birnbach said...

Now where’s the DK rep for the LOL contests ! lol. Cool to see a post from DK tho. Nice. DK soccer could be huge, so could LOL.

A quick shoutout, there’s a GREAT contest format that I think should be used for all sports, especially the smaller ones (SOC, LOL, and EL which is where I found the format):

8$ buy in, 735 entries, 22 max entry, 1,000$ to first place and the prize pool is 5k (there is also a slightly larger size for a 6k contest with roughly 100 more entries and a higher max limit. I’m not as big of a fan of that contest as it makes it slightly harder for the average player to win).

With contests that are winnable to players on every level, that’s when the sport will succeed. I know the 8$ is a stretch for lower entries players, but this contest format makes it fun and winnable for players of all skill sets.

Thanks for listening

• Dirt_Lavert

@Benn91 said...

Can we go for a fade of Madrid game?

I’m guessing the sharps play the goalie and one wingback defender that starts on madrid. This could easily be a 0-0 or 1-0 game.

Feels like the ATL goalie is the safe/cash goalie play.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).