INDUSTRY FORUM

Comments

• Cal

RG CoFounder & Admin

RG Overall Ranking

• $1M Prize Winner

• x3

2019 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

Draftpot.com is a new site that I’m particularly excited about. They are smart, funded, and well equipped to build great products – they have four developers and a data scientist among their founders.

Before getting into details, a note on that initial deposit bonus: it pays out at an 8% drip, which is about double industry average. They will give RotoGrinders referrals a 100% up to $1500 bonus, $500 more than standard.

Click here to lock in our bonus. Our Draftpot promo code also gets you access to our upcoming Draftpot Incentives.

Draftpot’s primary game is no salary cap – Large field tournaments where you just pick the team you think will score the most points. They also have a “GM Mode” which is more like a salary cap game. They’re in a great position to continue adding more game variants as they grow.

Probable Week 1 Overlay:
    They’re also firing out of the gates with big tournaments and probable overlay. Their primary Week 1 tournament, the $10 buyin, $100,000 Touchdown, is at 1300 out of 11,000 entrants. This isn’t like DK or FD where there are thousands of players lurking that can fill up overlay fast at the end. We’re definitely expecting some overlay.

If you’ve got any questions, thoughts, suggestions, or constructive criticism feel free to post it here. Draftpot reps will be monitoring this thread.

Click here to get our bonus and get started!

• JDub07

I’ll give it a shot! I imagine it’ll see some nice overlay for sure.

• Draftpot_Joey

Draftpot Rep

Thanks, Cal. I’m Joey, the co-founder & CEO of Draftpot. I’d be happy to answer any questions you have about Draftpot here!

• boogereatingmoron

• 2017 FanDuel WFBC Finalist

• 2019 FanDuel WFBC Finalist

I just signed up and deposited. Looks interesting. Will there be results imported to RG toward points? I will be at the RG party this weekend with my wife. Look forward to meeting everyone

• Cal

RG CoFounder & Admin

RG Overall Ranking

• $1M Prize Winner

• x4

2015 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

@boogereatingmoron said...

I just signed up and deposited. Looks interesting. Will there be results imported to RG toward points? I will be at the RG party this weekend with my wife. Look forward to meeting everyone

Yes, Draftpot results will be inegrated to our Rankings.

Looking forward to meeting you tomorrow boogereatingmoron of GrindersLive chat fame.

• bringemvaught

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #9

RG Tiered Ranking

How are 1099 amounts calculated?
    Is there a mass edit and/or export function?
    Are PayPal fees covered by the site?
    Any additional incentives for high volume players?

• robert

All their GPPs are unlimited entry, so there wont be any significant overlay as the big bankroll pros will come and scoop it all up with massive entries. Probably worse for the casual player as a large % of the entries will be from top pros.

Wish they would make some single entry or limited entry GPPs

• Draftpot_Joey

Draftpot Rep

The amount which you are taxed for is expressed by your total winnings minus your total entry fees over a given year (if that number does not exceed $600, you will not be receiving a 1099).

Yes, there is a mass edit and export function.

Yes, we cover PayPal fees.

We are currently developing a loyalty program, the benefits of which will be retroactively applied to our high volume players who play on Draftpot now.

• Draftpot_Joey

Draftpot Rep

@robert said...

All their GPPs are unlimited entry, so there wont be any significant overlay as the big bankroll pros will come and scoop it all up with massive entries. Probably worse for the casual player as a large % of the entries will be from top pros.

Wish they would make some single entry or limited entry GPPs

We will be launching some single entry GPPs and consider capping multi-entries as we grow our userbase.

• Simba19

Any plans of iPhone app coming ?

• Draftpot_Joey

Draftpot Rep

@Simba19 said...

Any plans of iPhone app coming ?

We launched our iOS app earlier this week. It’s currently available in the App Store.

• KingEric

Do you guys offer any deposit options besides Paypal?

• Draftpot_Joey

Draftpot Rep

@KingEric said...

Do you guys offer any deposit options besides Paypal?

Yes, we accept Visa, MasterCard, and Discover.

• Simba19

@Draftpot_Joey said...

We launched our iOS app earlier this week. It’s currently available in the App Store.

Great I’m going check it out now!! as a phone only player apps make lot easier to play on a site and actually I only play on draft kings and fan duel because of the apps

• shockermandan

@Cal said...

They are smart, funded

Site looks GREAT. I’m definitely interested in giving it a shot. However, at what appears to be about $200k in guaranteed contests, you could eat through $2.2M in funding pretty quickly. Is there any other information on long term viability?

• ThatGuy31

Do you guys accept Canadians?

• jimmyrad

Does the bonus expire? Say no and I’ll sign up today, though I probably will anyways.

• Draftpot_Joey

Draftpot Rep

@shockermandan said...

Site looks GREAT. I’m definitely interested in giving it a shot. However, at what appears to be about $200k in guaranteed contests, you could eat through $2.2M in funding pretty quickly. Is there any other information on long term viability?

We’re glad to hear you like the look of our site. I think one point that’s important to consider, is, our monthly burn is very low compared to other sites because we are developers. The vast majority of our raise is being used towards GPPs and acquisition.

Also, our last round was oversubscribed, and existing investors have confirmed they are ready if need be to increase the capital base.

• Draftpot_Joey

Draftpot Rep

@ThatGuy31 said...

Do you guys accept Canadians?

Yes, we do.

• Draftpot_Joey

Draftpot Rep

@jimmyrad said...

Does the bonus expire? Say no and I’ll sign up today, though I probably will anyways.

No, it never expires.

• reeses

You have PGA, you got me!

• snow_ninja

@Draftpot_Joey said...

No, it never expires.

You seem to have all the right answers for us. I like it.

• Heywood9855

I played here last week and won a $1500 GPP. Nice site. One question- Where did the conference specific go this week?

• Draftpot_Joey

Draftpot Rep

@Heywood9855 said...

I played here last week and won a $1500 GPP. Nice site. One question- Where did the conference specific go this week?

Congrats on the nice win. We will be putting up conference-specific contests either next week, or the week after that. We have some ideas we’re considering to enhance that product.

• TheTinyBronco

The one thing that makes me believe in this site more than any other is the inclusion of LoL. Personally, I’ll probably never play DFS League of Legends, but the sheer fact that the management understands that Esports are getting massive makes me believe that this company has the innovative prowess to get big.

• motownmauler

Are you thinking on taking on any “pros” in the future? Was just thinking I would much rather be a draftpot pro than a teacher/athletic director

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).