INDUSTRY FORUM

Comments

• Cal

RG CoFounder & Admin

RG Overall Ranking

• $1M Prize Winner

• x3

2019 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

Draftpot.com is a new site that I’m particularly excited about. They are smart, funded, and well equipped to build great products – they have four developers and a data scientist among their founders.

Before getting into details, a note on that initial deposit bonus: it pays out at an 8% drip, which is about double industry average. They will give RotoGrinders referrals a 100% up to $1500 bonus, $500 more than standard.

Click here to lock in our bonus. Our Draftpot promo code also gets you access to our upcoming Draftpot Incentives.

Draftpot’s primary game is no salary cap – Large field tournaments where you just pick the team you think will score the most points. They also have a “GM Mode” which is more like a salary cap game. They’re in a great position to continue adding more game variants as they grow.

Probable Week 1 Overlay:
    They’re also firing out of the gates with big tournaments and probable overlay. Their primary Week 1 tournament, the $10 buyin, $100,000 Touchdown, is at 1300 out of 11,000 entrants. This isn’t like DK or FD where there are thousands of players lurking that can fill up overlay fast at the end. We’re definitely expecting some overlay.

If you’ve got any questions, thoughts, suggestions, or constructive criticism feel free to post it here. Draftpot reps will be monitoring this thread.

Click here to get our bonus and get started!

• Draftpot_Joey

Draftpot Rep

@motownmauler said...

Are you thinking on taking on any “pros” in the future? Was just thinking I would much rather be a draftpot pro than a teacher/athletic director

Just PMed you.

• MrFantasy

@motownmauler said...

Are you thinking on taking on any “pros” in the future? Was just thinking I would much rather be a draftpot pro than a teacher/athletic director

It would be pretty neat to be a sponsored “pro” haha.

• Draftpot_Joey

Draftpot Rep

@MrFantasy said...

It would be pretty neat to be a sponsored “pro” haha.

Just PMed you.

• Kylewilliams22

@MrFantasy

You’re telling me! I’ve always been one to think it isn’t a job/work if you enjoy it! The perfect scenario is getting paid and being profitable from something you thoroughly enjoy doing.

• ATLSoulchild

I would love to be one as well lol. I am down for the cause. Whatever you need.

• salarycapfantasy

Well, heck, I’m an award winning web developer / application developer too as well as an ok DFS dude. sign me up too. Looking at winning some GPP over there.

• eloving56

The site is interesing i signed up and created a lineup… Im interested to see how it goes. The whole no salary cap really makes things interesting and you def have to think or be contrarian but you dont want to fade because there is no cap so just real interesting

• eloving56

One question how soon does the withdrawal to paypal take?

• Draftpot_Joey

Draftpot Rep

@eloving56 said...

One question how soon does the withdrawal to paypal take?

Usually within 3-6 hours, but sometimes it can be much quicker.

• jimmyrad

@eloving56 said...

The site is interesing i signed up and created a lineup… Im interested to see how it goes. The whole no salary cap really makes things interesting and you def have to think or be contrarian but you dont want to fade because there is no cap so just real interesting

Yeah, it is pretty interesting when you start to play around with it. You’d think the no cap thing would make lineups more alike, like why would you use Hankerson or a tier 3 TE now, but no one is overpriced anymore now either. It’s more fun to go contrarian with Luck and Lynch than Stafford and Eddie Royal.

• eloving56

@jimmyrad said...

Yeah, it is pretty interesting when you start to play around with it. You’d think the no cap thing would make lineups more alike, like why would you use Hankerson or a tier 3 TE now, but no one is overpriced anymore now either. It’s more fun to go contrarian with Luck and Lynch than Stafford and Eddie Royal.

I definitely agree as the contrarian but you would think more lineups would be similar than not.. Have that been the case so far?

• TheMrFantasyGuru

@eloving56 said...

I definitely agree as the contrarian but you would think more lineups would be similar than not.. Have that been the case so far?

Interestingly enough no. They had a GPP for each power 5 conference for Week 1 of CFB season. I entered each one and don’t recall any similar lineups. However, there may have been a few, but that’s always the case across all sites.

PS. There is a Week 1 NFL freeroll for those wanting to get their feet wet.

• topscout

i went there and was overwhelmed by all the clutter on the page i couldnt figure out what was what. Maybe clutter not the right word but keep it simple. Is the overlay guaranteed? I will give it a try though.

• TheMrFantasyGuru

@topscout said...

i went there and was so confused after 5 min i had to logout. what is all the different GM, FAN etc

GM Mode is your traditional mode where you are capped. However there are not site-based salaries. The cost is DPPG or Draft Points Per Game. Which is the average fantasy score for that player over the season. Which is better because a player can’t skyrocket in cost overnight just because “the site said so”.

Fan Mode is the new mode where you can pick whoever the heck you want with no cap whatsoever.

• Bschwarze325

This looks great! Just signed up and deposited. Looking forward to seeing how the whole no salary cap GPPs will turn out! Also I love the fact you guys include LoL. I don’t follow it much but I know people who do; so I’m certainly planning to refer to you once it’s ready. Great stuff and hope to help you guys grow!

Also I would love to become an affiliate for you guys – I will shoot you an email once I’m done fidgeting with my lineups.

• topscout

what is joey’s name on fd if he plays there. Always like to see players open sites. I tried to play CFB but it said calculating DPPG or something and never came back up. Seems if pts are based on avg per week they can be sketchy after one week.

• TheMrFantasyGuru

@topscout said...

what is joey’s name on fd if he plays there. Always like to see players open sites. I tried to play CFB but it said calculating DPPG or something and never came back up. Seems if pts are based on avg per week they can be sketchy after one week.

The points carried over from last season I believe. It does help when there are true freshman playing in CFB who are starting and are studs. However, you don’t need to sneak anyone in a no salary cap lineup :)

• Draftpot_Joey

Draftpot Rep

@Bschwarze325 said...

This looks great! Just signed up and deposited. Looking forward to seeing how the whole no salary cap GPPs will turn out! Also I love the fact you guys include LoL. I don’t follow it much but I know people who do; so I’m certainly planning to refer to you once it’s ready. Great stuff and hope to help you guys grow!

Also I would love to become an affiliate for you guys – I will shoot you an email once I’m done fidgeting with my lineups.

Sounds good, just shoot us a note at contact@draftpot.com and we’ll get you set up. We’re glad you like the site.

• actyper

Any android app coming?

Kinda glitchy right now trying to set lineups on phone

Fan mode is a fun concept

• topscout

so college is no salary cap for all games

• evil333

@topscout said...

i went there and was overwhelmed by all the clutter on the page i couldnt figure out what was what. Maybe clutter not the right word but keep it simple. Is the overlay guaranteed? I will give it a try though.

i agree it is over saturated and not easy to manage….I will figure it out but it was not easy this morning trying to get into some cfb so I was unable to…other than the freeroll! Ha…also on my attempt to import a lineup it just made it into 2? Meaning I had my imported lineup and a blank one and I could not erase the blank one….

Again maybe it is just that it is new and have to get used to it, but have played many others that seem easier to navigate…my 3 cents…

Otherwise love the concept and will keep at it!

• Draftpot_Joey

Draftpot Rep

@topscout said...

For now, yes.

• TheMrFantasyGuru

@topscout said...

currently, as of today’s slate, yes

• Draftpot_Joey

Draftpot Rep

@evil333 said...

i agree it is over saturated and not easy to manage….I will figure it out but it was not easy this morning trying to get into some cfb so I was unable to…other than the freeroll! Ha…also on my attempt to import a lineup it just made it into 2? Meaning I had my imported lineup and a blank one and I could not erase the blank one….

Again maybe it is just that it is new and have to get used to it, but have played many others that seem easier to navigate…my 3 cents…

Otherwise love the concept and will keep at it!

Thanks for the feedback. We are building “List View” for our contest lobby, which will allow users to haggle between the existing layout, and a list format (we currently allow you to do this on the draft page). This should make the lobby easier to navigate for users accustomed to existing layouts.

• evil333

gotcha nice response time! yea just toggling between screens and getting used to a new setup is confusing but like anything gets easier with time.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.