INDUSTRY FORUM

Comments

• Cal

RG CoFounder & Admin

RG Overall Ranking

• $1M Prize Winner

• x3

2019 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

Draftpot.com is a new site that I’m particularly excited about. They are smart, funded, and well equipped to build great products – they have four developers and a data scientist among their founders.

Before getting into details, a note on that initial deposit bonus: it pays out at an 8% drip, which is about double industry average. They will give RotoGrinders referrals a 100% up to $1500 bonus, $500 more than standard.

Click here to lock in our bonus. Our Draftpot promo code also gets you access to our upcoming Draftpot Incentives.

Draftpot’s primary game is no salary cap – Large field tournaments where you just pick the team you think will score the most points. They also have a “GM Mode” which is more like a salary cap game. They’re in a great position to continue adding more game variants as they grow.

Probable Week 1 Overlay:
    They’re also firing out of the gates with big tournaments and probable overlay. Their primary Week 1 tournament, the $10 buyin, $100,000 Touchdown, is at 1300 out of 11,000 entrants. This isn’t like DK or FD where there are thousands of players lurking that can fill up overlay fast at the end. We’re definitely expecting some overlay.

If you’ve got any questions, thoughts, suggestions, or constructive criticism feel free to post it here. Draftpot reps will be monitoring this thread.

Click here to get our bonus and get started!

• stv1313

I must be blind. Where can I find my remaining bonus balance?

• fantasy144123

@TheMrFantasyGuru said...

For me personally, it matches my researching style a TON more. I approach the no salary cap games with my same methods and formulas I use on the other sites and it has paid dividends so far. I have 10x the profit on DraftPot that I have on FanDuel so far in the month of September. Perhaps the “pros” haven’t created accounts yet. Perhaps the “pros” can’t seem to adjust to the different format. Either way, my mortgage is paid this month :D

Makes no sense. No sal cap is a huge advantage to “pros.” It is likely paying dividends because of huge overlay.

• Draftpot_Joey

Draftpot Rep

@stv1313 said...

I must be blind. Where can I find my remaining bonus balance?

If you click “deposit funds” under your username, your bonus reservoir will appear there.

• chiasports

1/ future swag store? All this dk stuff gets old.
    2/ When does $1500 bonus offer emd?
    3/ Plan on making some big double up comtests eventually?
    8 percent drip is sweet!

• Draftpot_Joey

Draftpot Rep

@chiasports said...

1/ future swag store? All this dk stuff gets old.
    2/ When does $1500 bonus offer emd?
    3/ Plan on making some big double up comtests eventually?
    8 percent drip is sweet!

1. Yes, we’ll be launching a store soon, but if you’d like DP swag now, just send an email to contact@draftpot.com and we’ll send you some for free.
    2. It doesn’t.
    3. Yes, you’ll notice that we’re slowly increasing the size of our Double Ups, and we’ll continue to do this as the year progresses and we get more users.

• TheMrFantasyGuru

@fantasy144123 said...

Makes no sense. No sal cap is a huge advantage to “pros.” It is likely paying dividends because of huge overlay.

That’s what’s one would think. I’m sure the students of study would have no time adjusting. However it isn’t the same ballpark. You don’t just do your studying for FanDuel and incorporate notes for DraftPot lineups. You have to flip it upside down. Try it out and let me know if you feel it’s the same thing. I just feel like having any user being able to select any and all players, the “value pick” now means something completely different. That’s just me. But man am I putting together great lineups so far. Unique lineups even…

• jonathan627

I am enjoying the site. It’s nice to have something different. Very innovative job so far, and I am excited to see the site develop.

• fantasy144123

Isn’t there unbelievable overlap between lineups in double up/5050s?

• jonathan627

Ownership % has been decently spread out as far as I can tell. I did well last night rostering Hosmer, Dee Gordon, and Pham who were all lightly owned. The core+a few contrarian picks strategy definitely seems optimal here.

• rgyanks

@fantasy144123 said...

Isn’t there unbelievable overlap between lineups in double up/5050s?

Playing MLB there for the first time tonight in 50/50s and there is huge overlap.

In the $25 Double Up, 43 entries (Keep in mind 2 1B slots + 1 UTIL):

Encarnacion 98%
    Altuve 88%
    Correa 86%
    Arenado 79%
    Posey 65%
    CarGo. 63%
    Trout 58%
    Kemp 56%

Those are all the guys above 50%. Doubt I’ll be playing more 50/50s there, although GPPs might be interesting. A couple slightly below top tier players in your lineup might be good enough to take it down.

• Myprimetime

Can’t even play golf. Doesn’t work with the setup.

@TheMrFantasyGuru – The PPG metric is not superior to ‘arbitrary’ salary. The PPG metric is a flawed use of projecting future performance. By relying on that less sophisticated users will get eaten alive. We will just be forking our cash over to them. I consider myself the user that will get eaten alive :)

• evil333

What exactly the metric to come up with the fppg? Is it only this year? Last year include? Projections?

• Draftpot_Joey

Draftpot Rep

@evil333 said...

What exactly the metric to come up with the fppg? Is it only this year? Last year include? Projections?

DPPG is calculated based on recent historical data. If you click “Key” and “DPPG Cap” in the contest lobby, you’ll see a detailed explanation. For your convenience, here’s what it says:

“GM Mode contests require you to stay under a DPPG cap (Draftpot Points Per Game cap). DPPG are calculated by accounting for a player’s most recent performance according to Draftpot’s specific scoring criteria for each sport. NFL and CFB DPPG values are calculated over each respective player’s last 16 regular season contests, while MLB, PGA, NASCAR, and LoL values are calculated over each player’s current season statistics.

Draftpot implements a DPPG cap to tie value directly to player performance, subsequently providing a more objective and transparent reflection of player values.”

• fantasy144123

This is my point. By eliminating a salary cap, the making tough decisions (that should separate you to make money) part is eliminated. Dead game IMO.

• jimmyrad

@fantasy144123 said...

This is my point. By eliminating a salary cap, the making tough decisions (that should separate you to make money) part is eliminated. Dead game IMO.

Not to be that guy, but please allow me to quote myself:

Yeah, it is pretty interesting when you start to play around with it. You’d think the no cap thing would make lineups more alike, like why would you use Hankerson or a tier 3 TE now, but no one is overpriced anymore now either.

Week 2 only solidifies my opinion here. Sure you can build 1 or 5 or 10 extreme chalk lineups using only the highest priced players on FD, but yeah, those guys are going to be widely used, very widely used. A little creativity goes a long way, just like on other DFS sites.

I like the software and I like the way these guys operate based on everything I’ve seen so far. and hey look, another $100K next week, v nice!

• chiasports

Can someone post what the last cash is in any cash tournament… im just doing a freeroll and curious how id be doing in the cash games… ive got 175 right now and a kicker left… thanks!

• evil333

I’m at 205ish and barely in the $…if that helps :)

• chiasports

Ok cool thanks! Good luck vs them creepers lol!

• powder29

What’s the typical turn-around time on withdrawal requests? I submitted a requested this morning and am waiting for paypal transfer.

• Draftpot_Joey

Draftpot Rep

@powder29 said...

What’s the typical turn-around time on withdrawal requests? I submitted a requested this morning and am waiting for paypal transfer.

Withdrawals are usually processed within 3-6 hours, but often times quicker. You should have certainly received your withdrawal by now, so if you haven’t, please let me know and I’ll look into this immediately for you.

• Tsw1999

Draftpot guy, you need to change that slider from a 1-to-1 relationship to each tick representing the actual entry fees of the tourney. I realize that I can manually type in the range of entry fee I want, but I will always go to the slider first.

Also, is it possible to have an option to change the lobby to list view? I like I can do that on the roster screen and just want to be able to get the contests in the same column view.

• Draftpot_Joey

Draftpot Rep

@Tsw1999 said...

Draftpot guy, you need to change that slider from a 1-to-1 relationship to each tick representing the actual entry fees of the tourney. I realize that I can manually type in the range of entry fee I want, but I will always go to the slider first.

Also, is it possible to have an option to change the lobby to list view? I like I can do that on the roster screen and just want to be able to get the contests in the same column view.

You’re right, that would be helpful, and we’ve added it to our list. Thanks for the feedback.

Developing “list view” for our contest lobby is one of the next things on our to-do list. We expect that to be done within the next few weeks, but hopefully sooner.

• Bschwarze325

@powder29 said...

Last week my withdrawal hit my paypal within like an hour – I was shocked!

Love me some DraftPot!

• evil333

Is there a Droid app or one in works? The mobile version of website is slower than the computer one and even harder to use…

• Draftpot_Joey

Draftpot Rep

@evil333 said...

Is there a Droid app or one in works? The mobile version of website is slower than the computer one and even harder to use…

Yes, we’ll be developing (and hopefully launching) our Android app sometime during this NFL season.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).