MLB FORUM

Comments

• nicslim

The Extender (Team RG)

DFS baseball is unique from every other daily fantasy sport in that it’s all about individual matchups. A pitcher goes head to head against each hitter one by one, making each individual matchup just as important as the next.

Several months ago, the team here at RotoGrinders set out to create a tool that could bring together all of the relevant data about each of these matchups into one place, while also creating some new insight that you couldn’t find anywhere else. Hence, PlateIQ was born.

To learn more about PlateIQ:

1) Check out this article by RG’s Brian Hourigan aka CruzinToVictory showing you how to use PlateIQ.

2) Watch this screencast from RG’s Chris Gimino where he uses PlateIQ with other tools to do an in-depth hitter vs pitcher analysis.

3) Listen to today’s Daily Fantasy Fix podcast where Dan and Chris Gimino discuss PlateIQ before going over their favorite plays for tonight’s full slate.

Try it out and let us know what you think. We have exciting plans to keep improving PlateIQ and your feedback is valuable.

• CUTiger81

This is awesome. Love the new feature.

• mlapensee

• edro990

• mlapensee

Feedback: The spider charts, heat maps and batter/pitcher pitch type chart are very slow to load when toggling between players.

• kingcapibara

Why is the PlateIQ page not working anymore?

• nicslim

The Extender (Team RG)

@kingcapibara said...

Why is the PlateIQ page not working anymore?

Looks like it was unavailable for a moment while we made an update. Should be working again and we’ll keep an eye on it!

• makeitra1n

Will this be a forever free tool or will this be a paid tool in the future???

• Vanco

Very cool tool. Only request would be to add pitchers HR/9

• ldmariodl28

• Blogger of the Month

I would like to see Hard %

• SweeneyPhoto

I really like it, it’s interesting looking at yesterday’s Scooter v Waino matchup.

ETA, can you note which view the heat maps are? (catcher or pitcher)

Thanks!

• gje627

LOVE IT

I agree with some of the other posters that it would be fantastic to include Hard% (also, posted this on the tutorial thread but just to cover my bases….)

• flip4flop

Love it!!! Although, its loading with all 0% for me about 80% of the time this morning.

• nicslim

The Extender (Team RG)

@flip4flop said...

Love it!!! Although, its loading with all 0% for me about 80% of the time this morning.

Thanks :) There were some connection issues around the time you posted and it should be working now.

• nicslim

The Extender (Team RG)

Hey everyone, @chrisgimino just recorded this awesome screencast showing how he uses PlateIQ along with other tools to go in depth breaking down a hitter vs pitcher matchup. Check it out here

• Capone1233

Idea-Integrate PlateIQ with StatMuse, type who you want to see plate iq on and instantly pops us, or better yet integrate with Windows Cortana/Voice recognition. No clicking, just instant access to what you want.

• jackflak55

It seems to me that anyone with the kind of time to use and understand such a tool is already doing well enough that they don’t need it.

• Vanco

Can you add the ability to backdate PlateIQ? Really need the ability to review results.

• bluesjack

I’m not the brightest bulb but where the hell do you find PlateIQ? Any link I try takes me to the tutorial page, would love to try it if I could find it
    thanks

• Ross
    @bluesjack said...

I’m not the brightest bulb but where the hell do you find PlateIQ? Any link I try takes me to the tutorial page, would love to try it if I could find it
    thanks

You can find it by clicking the PlateIQ button from the top of the page (next to “Main Forum”), or from this direct link https://rotogrinders.com/plateiq

• old_T

• 2016 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

@ldmariodl28 said...

I would like to see Hard %

I second this for hitters, along with Hard and Soft contact numbers for pitchers. Add those and it’s pretty much a one-stop data shop. Except it’s free. Great work people.

• bluesjack

@Ross said...

You can find it by clicking the PlateIQ button from the top of the page (next to “Main Forum”), or from this direct link https://rotogrinders.com/plateiq

Thank you Sir, Also I highly recommend the tutorial, excellent

• bluesjack

How about a suggestion?

Would it be possible to toggle from the way it’s set up now, with a drop down box for the schedule to having this info by position?

It would be nice to be able to look at all the catchers, all the first basemen, etc.

• mauddib77

not working again

• Drew0430

I haven’t been able to get it to work at all so far! Does anyone else keep having this issue? Everytime I try to bring it up, nothing on the page loads

• mauddib77

working now drew

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).