MAIN FORUM

Comments

• outtayourleague

Hey Grinders,

I’ve got a unique tournament to roll out that I think is going to be a lot of fun for everyone. With the sites seemingly having scrapped Survivor tournaments, it seems like good timing to roll one out for the Grinders community.

We’re closing in on 100 game days of baseball left in the regular season and with that in mind, this tournament will feature a 100-entry Survivor-style tournament on FanDuel in which the rules are very simple. Don’t finish with the bottom two scores (ties included) that day and you get to come back tomorrow. This will definitely invoke some new lineup strategies and get us all thinking in some new ways as we build lineups specific to this format.

The buy-in will be $25 (rake-free) with three entries max, which I think is a great price point considering the potential play you’ll get out of this tourney. I think 100 entries is definitely attainable, and if we reach that the prize pool will be distributed as follows:

1st – $750
    2nd – $500
    3rd – $300
    4th – $231
    5th – $187
    6th – $156
    7th – $131
    8th – $106
    9th – $81
    10th – $58

I’m looking for a trusted name player/poster on the forums to hold the funds in escrow, so if any of the contributors are willing to do so, please contact me.

The tournaments will be set up every morning on FanDuel for weekday (Monday – Friday) evening slates only. I will send the tourney link via email to all of the remaining survivors each day by noon EST.

The tournament will start on June 22nd and run until we have a champion! As there could be potentially multiple players eliminated on any given day since there are no tiebreakers for low score, I don’t anticipate it taking a full 50 days for the contest to complete, but it will definitely be a challenge to stay afloat over a long grind.

To register, reply in the comments with a confirmation that you’re in, along with your email address, FanDuel username, and number of entries you wish to put in. When an escrow fund holder steps up, I will send an email with payment instructions. Anybody that hasn’t paid by 12 PM EST Sunday, June 21st will have their spot forfeited.

Any other questions, or if I’ve missed something, let me know. Let’s fill this thing!

• CRo22

Def in

C_ro

Colin.rome1@gmail.com

1 entry

• bearcats594

in for one

• icemanyeee

FD NAME- icemanyeee
    Isaac_rome21@yahoo.com
    2 entries

• icemanyeee

@CRo22 said...

Def in

C_ro

Colin.rome1@gmail.com

1 entry

Good luck slugger

• bluewurm

you’d think one of the smaller sites reps would volunteer to host this thing just to get us all signed up and checking out their system? i’d do it if a site was taking the money and running the contest.

• outtayourleague

@bluewurm said...

you’d think one of the smaller sites reps would volunteer to host this thing just to get us all signed up and checking out their system? i’d do it if a site was taking the money and running the contest.

CrazyGabey has stepped up to hold the funds for us (thanks, Gabey). In case you’re not familiar with him, he hosts the RotoGrinders podcast two or three days a week and is a regular contributor on the forums. Finding a trusted source was important and you can rest assured that the contest money will be safe.

• bearcats594

One entry

Bearcats594 is fd user
    bearcats594@yahoo.com

• bosoxfan0509

• 2015 FAWBC Finalist

Any openings left? I’d be in. ? FD name is jaredterry0 and email is jaredterry0@gmail.com

• fandjinbkalltheway

I am in for one entry: FD username: fandjinbkatw and email is flevine@beaconschool.org

• smutpeddlers

ETA for start of event?

• bigmikedasailor

I would love to be in… 1 entry..
    Email is mikedahuskynheel@yahoo.com
    FD SCREEN NAME mikedahuskynheel

• outtayourleague

Hey everyone – I’ve gotten all of your private messages and comment info – we’ve got 32 entries so far. Would like to get it to about 50 before I send payment info out to make sure we’ll have enough to make it worth running, so give it a couple more days and when some more roll in, I’ll start sending out emails with payment instructions.

• outtayourleague

@smutpeddlers said...

ETA for start of event?

June 22nd is first day.

• smutpeddlers

Missed that thanks bud!

• edro990

I’m in, just messaged you my info.

• smutpeddlers

Getting Close!

• leroystabbins

I’m in. Email- leroystabbins53087@gmail.com. fanduel name- leroystabbins. One entry please

• tigmus

PM sent

• marshal55s

3 entries marshals
    Marshal@cent-isg.com

• nvetta

I’ll give it a go.

1 entry

I’ll send pm

• detroittigers44

I am interested… I will send a PM as well. 1 entry.

• jaytuomi

jaytuomi@aol.com
    FD name = jaytuomi
    1 entry

Thanks for organizing this!

• jayz4dayz72

I’M IN!!
    FD name = jayz4dayz72

email address = jayz4dayz72@aol.com

one entry please thanks!!

• ranoa513

In for one. Pm’ing contact info.

• fandjinbkalltheway

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.