MAIN FORUM

Comments

• kirby34

With sites like baseballsavant and fangraphs is it worth it to pay $60 a month when you could do the research for free? Or does fantasylabs give you that much of a boost if you pay the $60?

• walkoff9

It all depends how much you would use it and the amount of work you would put in to using the trends features and making your own models. They have a ton of information in the database that could be very valuable.

To just use their models, i would say no. For NBA especially it’s going to give you the chalk cash game plays, which you can get elsewhere.

• emac

It all depends on what you are looking for from a premium subscription. As someone who loves the detailed minutia that is available from several subscription sites, I am okay with being a member of more than one.

This is not unique to me by any stretch and most high volume gamers are members/subscribers to many sites (and by no means am I a high volume gamer, I just love fantasy sports content and analysis).

The one thing gamers need to understand is that there is no one particular source that is THE ONE.

Depending on your knowledge, some will be simple and there are a couple in play that are very complex. The key is to understand your own personal risk/reward and of course volume expectations.

For my own strategy, I like to roll up my sleeves and dig in for whatever sport is in session, which of course is good since I am a content provider myself. Most of my legwork is done prior to things being released as I do a lot of my research the night before or in the wee hours of the morn prior to heading into my regular job.

Your mileage may vary and there are a lot of great tools out there, RotoGrinders definitely included. Personally, I do check out a lot of the offerings, though it is to make sure that I am myself providing the best and sharpest content that I can.

I have been participating in fantasy sports for a long time and like to review as much information as possible. A key thing to remember is that the content providers for RotoGrinders are constantly making suggestions of how we can do things better here. There is a lot of information available for pretty much every sport, though what RG is striving for is to provide consolidated content that is relevant and useful.

Are there “better” sources…well, sure. Though I am more than willing to stack the GrindDown in all sports against any other free content that is available. As for premium/subscription sources, we compare favorably to most other sites. The one advantage that RG offers that most do not is that we have multiple “voices” and perspectives for the Big Two.

Additionally, our ECRs (Expert Consensus Rankings) are second to none.

The last thing I would like to impart is that while of course gamers can do their own research from scratch, what is the value of someone doing a lot of the legwork for you…particularly someone whom you trust?

Questions are encouraged,

EMac

• topspinner

I have tried several sites and liked fantasy labs the best, loved the fact that you could apply your own weighting to the stats and setup your own models. I setup my own model and used their rankings for about 75% of the players and made money six out of the seven days I used their optomizer. I have not renewed, because I am a small player and the fee is a pretty big chunk and also, I don’t like the fact that they don’t have player projections based on points. Still debating on whether to renew.

• Majorrock

I didn’t care much for it. For the money, you won’t find more information than you get here. For CheeseIsGood in depth write ups and ton of free information here…just seemed like a waste to drop $60 a month when RG’s incentives is $25.
    For me, $25/month for RG and BBM $67 for the year …All the information i need.

• donkshow

RG Overall Ranking

Labs is probably the best tool out there, but you need to do some work to full utilize it. If you want to purchase it and be lazy and just use what it spits out for optimal and stuff, you’re wasting your money. To fully experience it’s strength, you need to make use of the trends and customize your own model for your tastes IMO.

• VChair23

I personally maintain 3 subscriptions, Rotogrinders incentives, DailyRoto, & FantasyLabs. If you are going to use FantasyLabs to spit out an optimal lineup, it’s not worth it. I generally have an 1-2 hours a day to prep for baseball, I review my own sheet and use Fantasylabs while listenting to RG/Dailyroto podcasts. If you are going to use the most unique features of fantasylabs, purchase it or trial run it.

• jman3034

I personally like FantasyLabs and have made a significant profit with their models and the rotogrinders incentives. Unfortunately, the way DFS is looking for Illinois I will most likely be cancelling my subscriptions if it does in fact become illegal in Illinois

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler