NBA FORUM

Comments

• natsboy06

I already have all my lineups in the 1$ satellite and in the swat. Now I am trying to decide which is more profitable, either I can enter all my lineups twice in the shot, or enter them once in the shot and once in the 2$ mega slam satellite. Please let me know what you guys think is more profitable, thank you!

• sonicattack

Well the satellite gets you tickets which then enters you into a bigger higher percentage tournament where the min cash is going to be greater than normal. But that’s provided you win said tickets.

It really depends upon how many lineups, your bankroll, and how you feel about the slate overall.

• AsquaredN

I won a seat from the $5 sat. Look at the percent of players that win seats. I know when I won mine it was 200/1400 or so that won a seat. I think that the $1-$2 is giving 100-150 seats with 2k-5k entrants.

If you can consistently cash in the top 5% in a large field gpp then go for the seats. If not then just stick to the gpp. Just my opinion tho. Good luck!

• tianyihe

The satellite structure is confusing to me. You have to be in the top 5% to get a seat. If you can do this, why not just play a $2 GPP? You will cash more than $25.

• kalcashmoney

@tianyihe said...

The satellite structure is confusing to me. You have to be in the top 5% to get a seat. If you can do this, why not just play a $2 GPP? You will cash more than $25.

This is so wrong lol

Placing in the top 5% of today’s $2 shot is 3,500’th place – which pays $7 :)

To make $25 in the shot, you have to be in 400/71,839 which is in the top…. 0.5%

• danliebl

@kalcashmoney said...

This is so wrong lol

This is correct. I was in a Slam Sat and a $2 shot. Got top 100 in the sat for a $25 ticket, won $7 in the shot.

I would enter the same lineup in a satellite and a regular GPP, then you are covered both ways.

• tianyihe

@kalcashmoney said...

This is so wrong lol

To make $25 in the shot, you have to be in 400/71,839 which is in the top…. 0.5%

But you could place in the 1st place in the satellite which would be the equivalent of $10k in the shot. You have to use a weighted expected value from 1st place to the 5% spot.

• einars

@tianyihe said...

But you could place in the 1st place in the satellite which would be the equivalent of $10k in the shot. You have to use a weighted expected value from 1st place to the 5% spot.

its the same concept as a triple up

• tomac

@kalcashmoney said...

This is so wrong lol

The math is correct, and maybe this is just semantics, but you are not “making $25” – you are getting an entry into another tournament with a much larger payout, but need to back up your top 5% finish tonight with a top 15-20% finish tomorrow to make actual money.

• lionssuck

@tomac said...

The math is correct, and maybe this is just semantics, but you are not “making $25” – you are getting an entry into another tournament with a much larger payout, but need to back up your top 5% finish tonight with a top 15-20% finish tomorrow to make actual money.

plus you are getting double raked. If it was me, I would spend a few extra bucks and play the $5 quintuple up. it pays to 17.9% rather than 5% & at least you get cash & can decide for yourself if you want to use it for a slam entry or not.

• hambazaza

RG Blog Program Manager, 2014 RG Party Beer Pong Champion

• Blogger of the Month

• Beer Pong Champion

you’re not getting raked if you win.

• HungryHungryHip

I usually enter the same way($1 swat & $1 Sat or $2 shot & $2 Sat) Last year I had some success putting the same lineup in the $1 Sat & $2 Sat. Obviously, it’s a little easier to hit top 200 of 2800($2 Sat tonight) than top 200 of 5700($1 Sat tonight) so maybe it helps cover your bases by putting your lineups in the $2 Sat as well. Like others have said, it depends on your bank roll and what you’re willing to put up(risk.) For instance, last night I decided to not play any cash games(couldn’t find a lineup I was comfortable with) so I went 10 lineups, each in the $2 shot & $2 Sat. Plus I put in 2 $5 Sat & 2 $10 Sat knowing that there was a chance I would be down on bankroll(but hoping to hoard some tickets.) I lucked out and cashed on 7 of my 10 lineups(winning 7 tickets AND still profiting about $20 from what I put in.) Who knows, maybe tonight’s your night! Good luck

• purefilth

2014 FD FFFC Finalist

• 2014 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

once in the shot and the satellite

• natsboy06

Great feedback thank you guys!

• slinkymaster

I’ve spent a little less than $100 on mega slam qualifiers and gotten 12 tickets. So yes, it’s worth it if you hit. Yea you could play triple ups and make the equivalent in cash easier, but the difference with me is that if I had to pay outright I’m not buying 20 entries into one tournament.

• pmsimkins

• 2014 FanDuel WFBC Finalist

• 2015 FanDuel WFBBC Finalist

There are 3 scenarios where quals make sense.

1. The tournament can only be entered through a qual.

2. You couldn’t normally afford the entry fee of the tournament.

3. The qual has lower rake than the tourney you’re qualifying for. This is even more magnified if you’re trying to win multiple tickets to run multi LUs into the same tourney.

If your scenario doesn’t fit any of these then quals are a bad bet.

• e4e5nf3nc6

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #51

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2015 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

• 2015 FanDuel WFBBC Finalist

@lionssuck said...

plus you are getting double raked. If it was me, I would spend a few extra bucks and play the $5 quintuple up. it pays to 17.9% rather than 5% & at least you get cash & can decide for yourself if you want to use it for a slam entry or not.

If I play a $5 sat to a $25 tournament I am getting double raked. But if I win a $5 quintuple, then play a $25 tourney the next day I was not double raked?

• Turn2gold

I won Mega Slam tickets tonight .. Played 5 Lineups each lineup consisting of 1- $1 Swat Entry + 3 $1 Mega Slam Sat entries

I had only one lineup hit with a score of 300.9

$1 Swat Entry finished 2738th = $5 Win
    $1 Mega Slam Sat finished 164th = $25 Mega Slam Ticket X 3

Total Investment $20 / Winnings $5 + 3 Shots at the Mega Slam

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).