NFL FORUM

• Dakotasbest

First off, I would like to say hello to everyone as I’m new to the site. I like this site a lot so far and see some in depth discussions which is awesome. I’m hoping someone can help me out here though. I’m just getting into Gpp’s and don’t know if my thinking is correct. I’ve only played regular snake draft fantasy football season leagues.
    I’m having a tough time determining a good running pairing. I’m trying to determine 4 and mix them between a few lineups. My thoughts are staying away from backs like Anderson, L. Bell, and Lacy because it seems to me they will be heavily owned. I’m thinking Stewart, J Bell, F. Jackson, and undetermined. I can see the three above having big games considering matchups, quarterbacks getting up big, and playoff pushes/seeding, ect.
    So I guess my question: is my thinking correct to stay away from a running back that may score big just because he is heavily owned or do I take one and try to find values in my receiving core?

• onyxmeth

Your thinking is not correct. If you’re going to fade every highly owned back even if you think some may do well, what’s going to happen is you will most likely fall behind. Fading is for when you think a lesser owned player will perform as well or better than a more highly owned player. If one or two of those highly owned backs goes off for 30+ points, they will need to be on your roster.

• cccalloway

@Dakotasbest said...

First off, I would like to say hello to everyone as I’m new to the site. I like this site a lot so far and see some in depth discussions which is awesome. I’m hoping someone can help me out here though. I’m just getting into Gpp’s and don’t know if my thinking is correct. I’ve only played regular snake draft fantasy football season leagues.
    I’m having a tough time determining a good running pairing. I’m trying to determine 4 and mix them between a few lineups. My thoughts are staying away from backs like Anderson, L. Bell, and Lacy because it seems to me they will be heavily owned. I’m thinking Stewart, J Bell, F. Jackson, and undetermined. I can see the three above having big games considering matchups, quarterbacks getting up big, and playoff pushes/seeding, ect.
    So I guess my question: is my thinking correct to stay away from a running back that may score big just because he is heavily owned or do I take one and try to find values in my receiving core?

Welcome. One of biggest mistakes people make is not owning someone just because he is highly owned. It’s about finding value relative to the ownership % and whether you want your position to be over or under that.

Say in a situation where you think a guy can exceed value 50% of the time but he is going to be owned in like 30% of GPPs, then you definitely want to take a heavy position on that guy because you have value relative to his ownership percentage. Even if the guy were going to be 70% owned, you would want some exposure to him but certainly less than what the others are doing. Goes back to you want to zig where others zag type of mentality but you have to be thinking relative to performance and not just straight ownership percentages.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).