PGA FORUM

Comments

• mgamble00

I only started playing DFS golf a couple months(just dabbled mostly in football before and some bball) ago but got 2nd yesterday and 3rd today in the main DK showdowns for 4,000 and 3,000.

I have studied alot of ways and are looking at stats and things different things than most people talk about when it comes to putting together a lineups.

So how lucky am I to the guys that’s been doing it for years? Or are thereedges in the showdowns? I always thought they were sorta dumb luck, but maybe the shark money hasn’t made it over to golf yet?

• JSteele

Congrats, that’s quite a two day haul. I’ve won a couple NBA showdowns, but they were only satellites for tickets with a couple hundred people in it. If you are studying different edges and ways to build your showdown lineup, it’s obviously working. How many entries are you putting in to these showdowns? The less entries you have the luckier you are, since you can’t reduce your variance as much as the MME guys.

• sochoice

• 2017 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

• 2017 FanDuel WFFC Champion

I am guessing it was the humble brag that worked out for you.

• squidkill

@mgamble00 said...

I only started playing DFS golf a couple months(just dabbled mostly in football before and some bball) ago but got 2nd yesterday and 3rd today in the main DK showdowns for 4,000 and 3,000.

I have studied alot of ways and are looking at stats and things different things than most people talk about when it comes to putting together a lineups.

So how lucky am I to the guys that’s been doing it for years? Or are thereedges in the showdowns? I always thought they were sorta dumb luck, but maybe the shark money hasn’t made it over to golf yet?

I think you are just the new King 👑 of golf showdowns. Come get your crown

• gordylamb

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #79

RG Tiered Ranking

obv humblebrag but ya congrats on the positive variance no an 8000% roi is not sustainable

• Southie777

@gordylamb said...

obv humblebrag but ya congrats on the positive variance no an 8000% roi is not sustainable

8000% is probably a LITTLE high, but if you’re not at at least 6500-7000% ROI, then why are you even playing?

• timusbr

Your a decent DFS player and your experienced. Obviously you had some luck. It takes luck to win at DFS golf. It takes a lot of luck to avoid landmines where 30% ownership had a +5. Golf has a high variance. All that doesnt mean you are not good. You have to be knowledgeable enough, a good enough DFS player. I hope you keep it going but….I would bet against you doing it every week. Maybe 5-6 times a year. (in my case I hope for 2-3 times a year for top 4 finish in bigger gpp but only 1 last year)

Kudos to you

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #30

RG Tiered Ranking

@mgamble00 said...

I always thought they were sorta dumb luck

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.