INDUSTRY FORUM

Comments

• pal

I entered 4 of the $25 best ball leagues on Draft. I will say this: fun idea but the reality of it has not been impressive.

1. Issues with the draft. In one of my leagues, there were issues with drafted players remaining on the player list. So the player would look available with a green “draft” button, but when I clicked it, it said that the player was already drafted. Not something I liked messing around with when I only had 30 seconds to pick. In another instance, I was on the clock with my 30 seconds ticking down and it said “it was not my turn to draft” and it autopicked for me. I contacted support and they gave me $10 and told me to draft on the Ap and not on the web as errors can happen. Great to know after the fact.

2. The scoring is all messed up right now. Part of the fun is following along live. I know that week 1 glitches happen, but coupled with draft errors, I am losing interest in what I thought was a fun and interesting concept.

3. I would like to add that if I am seeing glitches with the draft and now glitches with the scoring… how am I supposed to have faith that they have someone on there policing the games for fairness? I don’t want to sound like a tin foil hat nut job, but I’ve played enough online poker and DFS to be aware of all the scams that have happened. Friend could have joined leagues and colluded. Multi accounting could have happened, husband wife teams and countless other ways to game the system that could come out after the league is completed and the winners are off with the money.

• sochoice

• 2017 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

• 2017 FanDuel WFFC Champion

Why are you obsessed with your best ball lineups before week 1 is even done? Making sure scoring is correct over time of course makes sense, but being laser focused on it right now is a little silly.

• Jvanspro

I don’t even start looking at my best ball scores till much later in the season. I guess I can understand it if you did five teams but I have well over 50. It would be impossible to keep track of right now.

Draft is legit. I wouldn’t be worried. It’s week 1 things are going to change a lot.

• DRAFTNick

@pal said...

I entered 4 of the $25 best ball leagues on Draft. I will say this: fun idea but the reality of it has not been impressive.

1. Issues with the draft. In one of my leagues, there were issues with drafted players remaining on the player list. So the player would look available with a green “draft” button, but when I clicked it, it said that the player was already drafted. Not something I liked messing around with when I only had 30 seconds to pick. In another instance, I was on the clock with my 30 seconds ticking down and it said “it was not my turn to draft” and it autopicked for me. I contacted support and they gave me $10 and told me to draft on the Ap and not on the web as errors can happen. Great to know after the fact.

2. The scoring is all messed up right now. Part of the fun is following along live. I know that week 1 glitches happen, but coupled with draft errors, I am losing interest in what I thought was a fun and interesting concept.

3. I would like to add that if I am seeing glitches with the draft and now glitches with the scoring… how am I supposed to have faith that they have someone on there policing the games for fairness? I don’t want to sound like a tin foil hat nut job, but I’ve played enough online poker and DFS to be aware of all the scams that have happened. Friend could have joined leagues and colluded. Multi accounting could have happened, husband wife teams and countless other ways to game the system that could come out after the league is completed and the winners are off with the money.

1. Sorry about the buggy draft. It sounds like Support took care of you.

2. Live Scoring is now fixed on Web.

3. If you have a specific question about fairness I’d be happy to address it. We’ve addressed collusion publicly. It is totally reasonable to suspect people will try, they do try. We catch them. It’s tremendously easy to catch them. We work very hard to catch multi-accounting. A wife helping her husband would be collusion, which is very easy to catch. All sorts of flags in place to alert us. When the Best Ball Tournaments reach their final stages, you will not see a stacked team that was born of collusion. The teams will look quite similar.

• pal

The fact that I had problems with the draft itself was a frustrating introduction. The “solution” to the problem was “don’t draft on the website, use the ap.” Which, after the fact, is not helpful. I was on a MacBook Air using Chrome, which, I would think, are fairly standard tools that should work.

I am not obsessed with my lineups. I was simply checking in for fun. Not being able to look at things live (or even the next day— it was still wonky this morning) takes away from the fun. I’m not stupid. I understand the format. I understand that it is a long season. Still, it is an undeniable fact that one of the website’s features was not working, Coupled with a wonky draft, I am not having the best experience.

I do hope the games are legit. There is no shortage of DFS websites going busto or scams in this industry.

• DRAFTNick

@pal said...

The fact that I had problems with the draft itself was a frustrating introduction. The “solution” to the problem was “don’t draft on the website, use the ap.” Which, after the fact, is not helpful. I was on a MacBook Air using Chrome, which, I would think, are fairly standard tools that should work.

I am not obsessed with my lineups. I was simply checking in for fun. Not being able to look at things live (or even the next day— it was still wonky this morning) takes away from the fun. I’m not stupid. I understand the format. I understand that it is a long season. Still, it is an undeniable fact that one of the website’s features was not working, Coupled with a wonky draft, I am not having the best experience.

I do hope the games are legit. There is no shortage of DFS websites going busto or scams in this industry.

It sounds more like the solution was a refund? We’re pretty transparent that our website has problems. That’s why we refunded you for it. Our new website is coming soon.

We get your checking in for fun. Totally valid reason to check. That’s why we’re fixing it. We’ve almost totally fixed it already. Check again tomorrow morning. Sorry this morning wasn’t perfect.

• pal

Well, a partial refund. $10 entry for a $25 game. I mean, the best ball is still live, so I get that 10 is a reasonable middle ground. It will be fine. Just a frustrating start.

• superjon

@pal said...

Well, a partial refund. $10 entry for a $25 game. I mean, the best ball is still live, so I get that 10 is a reasonable middle ground. It will be fine. Just a frustrating start.

• flip4flop

Draft has been around for a while and even though I don’t like that they were acquired by Fanduel that should make it even more legit if that is your true concern. The fact that your complaining about getting a refund when their best platform has always been their app is a little ridiculous.

Every site had issues week 1. MFL, Fantrax scoring was up and down throughout the day and even Draftkings went down for a short time before lock. As you said there are plenty of other options to play if Draft is that upsetting that they addressed your concerns and offered you anything back.

• pal

How was I supposed to know that “the best platform has always been the app?” I was alerted to this fact AFTER I had issues drafting from the website.

I received a $10 voucher. You cannot get a refund on a $25 best ball as it is a live game. Whatever, that is fine. I care more about using a website that works and allows me to draft the team I want than the $10 voucher or the $25 entry.

The fact that wonky websites are the norm is unsettling. You can be fine with that if you want. I just went to my team and the week 1 stats are still not loading. Whatever I can check it again in a few weeks though why would I not want to follow along with the scoring? Is that an unreasonable expectation? A lot of the industry is touting DRAFT as a fun new way to play DFS. For me, it has not been fun. Wonky draft, wonky stats.

I never said there are plenty of options (though, yes, there are)— I said there have been plenty of scams and sites that went busto. Caveat emptor: I think it is foolish not to be leery.

• sochoice

• 2017 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

• 2017 FanDuel WFFC Champion

@pal said...

How was I supposed to know that “the best platform has always been the app?” I was alerted to this fact AFTER I had issues drafting from the website.

I received a $10 voucher. You cannot get a refund on a $25 best ball as it is a live game. Whatever, that is fine. I care more about using a website that works and allows me to draft the team I want than the $10 voucher or the $25 entry.

The fact that wonky websites are the norm is unsettling. You can be fine with that if you want. I just went to my team and the week 1 stats are still not loading. Whatever I can check it again in a few weeks though why would I not want to follow along with the scoring? Is that an unreasonable expectation? A lot of the industry is touting DRAFT as a fun new way to play DFS. For me, it has not been fun. Wonky draft, wonky stats.

I never said there are plenty of options (though, yes, there are)— I said there have been plenty of scams and sites that went busto. Caveat emptor: I think it is foolish not to be leery.

Dude you are doing something wrong. I see my stats fine.

• pal

I am on the web page right now, so maybe that is the problem. I can see my places now, but if I click back to week 1, I have to refresh to see anything. Maybe the ap is working for stats but the website scoring and standings is def still glitchy.

• damon2479

Thats a little much saying that him complaining is ridiculous! Being under the gun with the time limit like he said you at times dont have time to make that decision. I believe any of us would not like it. To know for instance that Alvin Kamara is there how did he not get picked and get smacked in the face and them say well here is David Johnson. I play DFS for a great part of the enjoyment. But all be damn if I dont want to make some money. Just saying of all the complaints I see in these forums this one is very legit. I am not tryinf to sound like an ass. Just saying

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler