MLB FORUM

Comments

• rocketman

It is only week 1 and we are seeing large cash game DUs have players with ownership % well over 50%. I’ve played MLB almost every day for the past 2 years and I can’t remember seeing ownership s this high in large field cash games this early in the season. I think a good example of this is David Peralta. He was upwards of 65-70 percent owned on some of the large slates this week. I can never remember him being that highly owned in large double ups last year. I could be wrong, but I can remember him being owned at 40%ish at times last year when he faced a righty and was at home, against a below average pitcher, hitting in the 3-5 spots. Bryce Harper, Panik, Scooter, Correa, Goldy, Schwarber, and Rizzo are other players that I’ve seen this first week be in the 40-55 owned range in the large $5, 10, and 25$ DUs on DK. I just think that is outrageous. As the season goes on, I think this will only get worse. I mean Mike Trout has had the platoon in half of the games this season but I can’t remember ever seeing him on 1 single cash game LU in any league I’ve been in this week. Last year, if he had the platoon he was usually at the very least 5-10% owned in big cash games last year. Idk I just see this as a problem going forward with being able to gain any sort of an edge in large field cash games. The sites that are providing information are becoming a huge problem IMO (FL). Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

• andrewhansen30

This is just a sign that the largest edge to be had is in tournaments. All these players will be very highly owned in tournaments as well and can easily flop on any day. Time to adjust your play and take advantage.

• walkoff9

RG Overall Ranking

I think it was just because of the odd way this week played out.

Every day had a bunch of day games, so the main slates were 10 games or less. Add in the fact that every night there were PPD’s or potential weather issues. I think we will see things get back to normal when we get back to normal 10+ game slates and limited weather issues.

Although if David Peralta against a RHP at home for under 4k is a no brainer and should be that highly owned.

• deactivated84892

@rocketman said...

Bryce Harper, Panik, Scooter, Correa, Goldy, Schwarber, and Rizzo are other players that I’ve seen this first week be in the 40-55 owned range in the large $5, 10, and 25$ DUs on DK.

I think those are just the Westbrook’s from last year that people will lean toward.

There’s still edge with research.

I just got Colby Rasmus .vs. Wily Peralta in Miller at 17%. Easiest play ever and double donged.

• MikeSos760

It makes sense.

First off, there are a lot less new players coming into DFS because of the bans in multiple states, so a lot of people playing have experience already.

Secondly, websites like ESPN are offering pretty good daily MLB fantasy analysis now and if you are a sports fan who plays DFS then you probably go to the ESPN website to get sports news, and the person is probably smart enough to navigate around to the advice column for daily fantasy.
    It really doesn’t matter what sports website you go to really, they offer MLB daily fantasy advice whether it be ESPN, Fox Sports, etc. You no longer have to find a niche website like Rotogrinders in order to find quality daily fantasy advice.

Third, like you mention, there are websites like fantasy labs, fantasy cruncher, razzball, dailyfantasynerd and so many more that offer projections and lineup optimizations that often center around the chalk of the day.

Fourth, those are all chalk names except Panik and Scooter, so it makes sense that they are highly owned.

In my opinion it is number 1 and 2 mainly. It is very easy to find information these days, and if you’re playing DFS, chances are you will want to get better and you will find that information quickly, even if it is just on ESPN (still decent info).

• Cityworkout

You saw this in NBA.

• tbishop8

I think the loose pricing also comes into play here to start the season. Prices are nowhere near where they should be—Eric Fryer is the most expensive catcher on the all day slate today on DK. Until the pricing starts to tighten up and accurately reflects a player’s performance we will see high ownership in cash games.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).