MAIN FORUM

Comments

• Cal

RG CoFounder & Admin

RG Overall Ranking

• $1M Prize Winner

• x3

2019 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

Thank you to Jason for taking time out of the TV and other media rounds to address the RG community.

Tomorrow at 2:30 ET Dan will ask him questions. If there is anything specifically you’d like answered please post it here. Dan will collect some questions from this thread and some of his own in the interview.

Be sure to stay constructive with your questions.

Here’s the link for the interview tomorrow

• theseige

• 2015 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

• x2

2016 DraftKings FBBWC Finalist

@jal0108 said...

Under the DraftKings term of use page, there is a conditions of participation section that specifically states misconduct includes: Colluding with any other individual(s) or engaging in any type of syndicate play.

Why is this not being enforced? It is common knowledge there are sharks in the industry working as teams. There have even been multiple people accept winnings for a live final that was won under a single account.

Pretty sure they mean using multiple accounts to get around max entry caps and splitting winnings among them

• NixonMask

What types of conversations did employeeshave at Draftkings about their personal DFS activity on Fanduel and other sites.

• hoffman124

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

00_hotbabe_00 is a top grinder on RG in every DFS sport. Yet he’s in the $27 beginner GPP for tomorrow’s nhl games on DK? Seems like a DFS pro with a ghost account, or at least not a beginner. How will you address this?

• Neiderman

• 2016 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

So Dan here’s my question;
    Is Draftkings concerned with the new LOL Esports DFS games? With all of the attention and media focusing any possible shady doings of DFS sites. The Esports arena seems to be an area that can possibly bring more bad press and shady doings. With Pro sports your very unlikely to see a guy throw a game for a payoff. However a pro gamer that isn’t a public figure might do so. Just seems like area that’s not worth the risk given the current situation.

• soopra

Outside of this particular incident, has the company ever found or discovered any cases where an employee or insider attempted to either cheat or gain an unfair advantage on either DK or another DFS site? If so, how was it discovered and what did the company do to remedy the situation?

• troveur

At best your employee’s actions were grossly incompetent by releasing that information when he did and have directly cost DK major damage financially with lost deposits/lost branding opportunities (espn at a minimum), hugely negative PR and serious governmental investigations from the NYAG office.

Here’s my Question…Considering all of that damage how is anyone supposed to have confidence that you will do the right thing for your business and your customers when you are supporting the person responsible for this firestorm?

I’m sorry but anyone that was directly responsible for causing this much damage to ANY company would be terminated immediately and that is not even considering the possibility of what an investigation might also uncover.

• hustlemania83

1. In your recent Outside the Lines interview with Bob Ley, you said “He(Ethan) is a great kid, and a model employee who is now getting his name dragged through the mud and he did nothing wrong”. Since he did nothing wrong in your opinion, why did you change your policy to not allow him(Ethan) to play dfs on other sites anymore?

• mrchuffy

Please ask him about the scripting issue and why no players were punished for breaking tos prior to it changing. Look forward to the interview. I hope dk listens to the community more instead of looking at the bottom line.

• TheJBaum

Could the “beginner” games in lobby be expanded to “novice”, “intermediate”, “advanced”, and “expert” lobbies as well? Let players at same learning curves play one another in smaller tourneys and HtH’s.

• depalma13

What steps are you going to take to stop the rampant lineup sharing in single entry tournaments?

• CeeGee

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #30

RG Tiered Ranking

Why would anyone like Ethan (aka a DFS Pro) ever chose to “work” for one of the sites, and not just be a full time “pro” DFS Player? Clearly, there is more money to be made by the Pros from being players.

Also, I’d be really curious to know what sort of data from the sites that RG (and others) have access to that the normal person does not have access to? Clearly RG (and others) have a way to automatically pull data Directly from the sites, I’m really curious about how this works exactly

• CeeGee

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #30

RG Tiered Ranking

1) is a “DK PRO” which I’ve been told is a “sponsored” player considered an Employee?

2) why didn’t ANYONE think these issues were ISSUES before this happened? Are you(we) that naive to think someone wouldn’t use every “edge” possible to win Hundreds of Thousands of Dollars?

• buffballz

Y has it not been a rule from day 1 that employees can’t participate, I mean Christ even McDonald’s employees and family are not eligible to win Monopoly prizes because the property’s are easily accessible to someone who works there seems like the same concept to me, also if the dude who won 350k was never made public this would still be going on and I wonder how many times in the last 3 years I have been a victim of this insider info

• dan72

1) How many employees have input on pricing?
    2) How many employees have the ability to see rosters/ownership percentages?
    3) What internal control are in place to make sure these employees do not leak information to family members and friends ?
    4) do you even have an internal controls department ?
    5) Do you find the DK Pros concept a major Headline Risk for your company should one of them win a big tournament in the upcoming weeks/months?

• dan72

6) Are employees or family members of anyone who has an equity stake in DK allowed to play on the site?

• Theproducer

With the major sports organizations (MLB/NFL/NBA etc.) so strict on any relationship that would potentially allow (or incentivize) players to effect the outcome of a game (i.e. throwing a game). How is it possible that DK/FD has been able to form partnerships with any of these organizations (and more specifically any “team”) from these organizations, and more incredibly any of the “player organizations”? Where will this end, will we see a Tom Brady / DK relationship?

• gencoimports

>>2. Can we please please get more single entry and low (10-20) entry contests? … I would rather have a decent shot at a couple grand or so than a lottery ticket, which is what these 200+ entry tourneys feel like.

>>Do you have any plans to proactively revisit your policy and ban scripting?

>>: Can we eliminate the amount of ads? It’s annoying and most likely turning a lot of people off of dfs.

These are all questions that really need to be asked.

• jimfred82

• Blogger of the Month

Since I’m assuming the point of this interview is to talk about recent events, I’ll stay that route. Being around for nearly five years now, this isn’t the first big controversy we’ve seen (and won’t be the last), but it is the first public one. So my question would be:

“On a scale of 1-10, with 1 being “no big deal” and 10 being “omg this is the end,” what where you feeling when the news first became public (ie media got involved), what are you feeling now, and what do you think you’ll be feeling six months from now, and why? Also, do you think this is something that could actually help the industry in the long run, or has the damage already been done?”

Thanks guys!

• 63TMB

@dan72 said...

1) How many employees have input on pricing?
    2) How many employees have the ability to see rosters/ownership percentages?
    3) What internal control are in place to make sure these employees do not leak information to family members and friends ?
    4) do you even have an internal controls department ?
    5) Do you find the DK Pros concept a major Headline Risk for your company should one of them win a big tournament in the upcoming weeks/months?

Especially number 2. Imagine having access to actual lineups on dk and making switches to put “your lineup in a better position to win”

• gencoimports

Who at DK has the ability to see a lineup of a particular user before lock?

• Theproducer

Have DK employees ever played (or been allowed to play) on the DK sight?

• Theproducer

Under the DraftKings term of use page, there is a conditions of participation section that specifically states misconduct includes: Colluding with any other individual(s) or engaging in any type of syndicate play.
    Why is this not being enforced? It is common knowledge there are sharks in the industry working as teams. There have even been multiple people accept winnings for a live final that was won under a single account.

^^^ … “colluding and syndicate play” would be a perfect example of this would it not?

• Theproducer

QUOTE” Regarding Scripting from DRAFT KINGS>>DraftKings said last week’s decision (to allow scripting) was based on trying to improve the user experience for a small percentage of its players — who also happen to be the ones who put the most money in play — while not affecting 99 percent of users. The company said it does not believe allowing scripts creates a competitive advantage.

^^^ Funny how it only helps 1% of the users…. and what did we find out … 1% wins almost all the money!!! JASON… do you still think this is NOT A PROBLEM??

• tipandpick

• 2016 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

• 2014 FAFC Champion

It would seem that data encryption of ownership percentages is a catch-all solution to the current problem, as it would prevent anybody from having access to otherwise valuable data prior to the start of games. Are there plans in place to encrypt this type of data to prevent another mishap moving forward?

• yoitsbc

Some of the larger tournaments have been giving money back to the bottom 10,000 entries that cash for the lowest amount. Can this money be used to increase payoffs to those who finish in the top .01%-1%. I feel the payoff structure in tournaments drop off too much after the top .01% People aren’t playing to win their money back, they want to profit when they win.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler