Where: Silvis, IL

Course: TPC Deer Run | A par 71 playing at 7268 yards

Last Year’s Winner: Bryson DeChambeau at -18

Last Year’s Cut: -2

Coverage: PGALive | Golf Channel | CBS

Google Doc

RG Golf Forum League

Happy Meal Standings

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – Golf strategy talk for this week’s contest. Post referring to last week’s contest will be moved to the correct thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• whodat2

While you guys are sweating the weekend, I will be sweating in 98 degree heat playing in a tournament at Pinehurst #2 and #8.

• Dunzor

Welcome to the Zach Johnson Classic! I wonder if he’ll crush it yet again this year or if he’ll go the way of some of the other huge course horses from earlier this year

• gvn2fly1421

@Dunzor said...

Welcome to the Zach Johnson Classic! I wonder if he’ll crush it yet again this year or if he’ll go the way of some of the other huge course horses from earlier this year

…presented by Steve Stricker!

• BIF

@whodat2 said...

While you guys are sweating the weekend, I will be sweating in 98 degree heat playing in a tournament at Pinehurst #2 and #8.

Awesome – enjoy !
    If you are staying on the property, come hungry and over indulge at their Breakfast Buffet….it is insane.

Golf Tip: if you are there a day before or early in the day of your tourney – practice your putting/chipping from a little ways off the green as you will end up 20-40 feet off greens a bunch of times. Get comfortable with a shot type or two that works for you otherwise you will look like Spieth at the US Open with balls rolling back to your feet.

I’m headed away this week as well for a 4-day weekend with my wife from Fri-Mon so I won’t be around much after Round 1 but I’ll still pump some lineups in and check in occasionally.

• BIF

So the LPGA Tour winner today S.Y. Kim shot -31 over 4 rounds (63-65-64-65) shattering the old record of -24.

1 Eagle
    31 Birds
    39 Pars
    0 Bogies
    1 Double

3 BOFR
    3 or 4 Streaks

That would have been a shit-ton of fantasy points !!

• dangasin

@BIF said...

So the LPGA Tour winner today S.Y. Kim shot -31 over 4 rounds (63-65-64-65) shattering the old record of -24.

1 Eagle
    31 Birds
    39 Pars
    0 Bogies
    1 Double

3 BOFR
    3 or 4 Streaks

That would have been a shit-ton of fantasy points !!

She had more streaks than the number of birdies for some of my players at the greenbrier

• cowbell204

So I don’t know if other tournaments have started doing this yet, but the JDC is going to be only cameras at all 18 greens; no greenside lasers for ShotLink.

Doing greenside 18 Thursday and greenside 16 Sunday, with 18th hole skybox tickets on Friday.

• Cooper08

• Blogger of the Month

@cowbell204 said...

So I don’t know if other tournaments have started doing this yet, but the JDC is going to be only cameras at all 18 greens; no greenside lasers for ShotLink.

Doing greenside 18 Thursday and greenside 16 Sunday, with 18th hole skybox tickets on Friday.

Pretty sure that is how the Greenbrier was set up…was there on Thursday and noticed these very large metal fixtures all over with cameras on the top. They were located off fairways and by the greens.

Also let me know if they have general public seating, Greenbrier removed seating at the 8th and 14th holes this year. Interested to know if it was done by Greenbrier or is PGA cutting back at smaller tourneys. They only had the skyboxes at 17/18. Attendance was horrible, only a couple thousand each day…

• cowbell204

It’s three black and white HD cameras on top of 15-20 foot black tripods; there are three of them in a tirangular shape around the green. They did say that they only detect balls around the green, and anything off of the green is only coming from balls we mark on the tablet.

• Cooper08

• Blogger of the Month

@cowbell204 said...

It’s three black and white HD cameras on top of 15-20 foot black tripods; there are three of them in a tirangular shape around the green. They did say that they only detect balls around the green, and anything off of the green is only coming from balls we mark on the tablet.

That is what was at the Greenbrier..they did have them off some fairways and I did notice people with the tablets. If you get around the course follow the pga radio and pga live teams, they are not afraid to interact with the general public especially the announcers.

• BIF

@cowbell204 said...

Cherry Ace week 👍

• cowbell204

• cowbell204

@BIF said...

Cherry Ace week 👍

Best $5 each day.

Those things are like crack.

• dangasin

@cowbell204 said...

• upgradetoquestionable

How many LU will start Bryson/Stricker/ZJ this week?

Wondering how chalky Molinari will be?

• ecb34

Do we know when DK will load Open salaries?

• Ndepompei

@ecb34 said...

Do we know when DK will load Open salaries?

I’m thinking today or tomorrow…usually do majors a week ahead

• Cooper08

• Blogger of the Month

Bryson and Molinari 10/1
    ZJ 12/1
    Niemann 16/1
    Moore 18/1
    Stanley and Stricker 20/1

• TrustinthePlan

Oh boy, KSDT is in the field and among the favorites. Do I dare hop aboard?

• dangasin

Here is a video of a guy playing the 16th hole Par 3 at Carnoustie. He’s not a pro but the hole looks difficult. Wish he would do all 18 holes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7wcVAAALh0

• pheffernan7

Think I’ll finally roll out some of the U of I kids this week

• shadowchap1978

This field is sooooo bad….. the greenbriar was such a snoozefest. Im thinking more of the same here.

• upgradetoquestionable

@Cooper08 said...

Bryson and Molinari 10/1
    ZJ 12/1
    Niemann 16/1
    Moore 18/1
    Stanley and Stricker 20/1

Gonna be very interesting pricing this week. With the fields as they are it’s always sticker shock to see guys like Moore and Stricker priced way up.

“stars” and scrubs again this week it seems.

• Kp24

Is Jaquo Niemann in The Open field per chance?

• kps3205s

@Kp24 said...

Is Jaquo Niemann in The Open field per chance?

Yes he is per exemption # 26:

https://www.pga.com/events/openchampionship/2018-british-open-field-complete-list-players-carnoustie

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).