MLB FORUM

Comments

• KevinRothWx

RG Chief Meteorologist

No rain, but a somewhat interesting temp difference between a couple of the games…

KIA @ KTW – 80ish, winds under 10mph, dry.

HAN @ LOT – A bit in from left, a bit left to right (just 10mph), no major wind impact. 70s, dry.

SK @ LG – Mid 80s, light winds, dry.

KIW @ SAM – Temp around 90, light winds, dry.

DOO @ NCD – Low 80s, light winds, dry.

Happy Grinding,
    Kevin

• Strategery

Hi Kevin,

I didn’t really know what the difference for baseball travel was between Hot and Cold temps, but when looking it up, a few places on google mentioned the following four factors as affecting ball flight: 1. Temperature 2. Wind 3. Humidity (More specifically, Dew Point) 4. Air Pressure

1. Do you think these play noticeably when taking into account DFS
    2. If they do, would you be able to add them to your daily weather report, or do you know of a place I can find this info reliably

As always, thank you for all you do!

• KevinRothWx

RG Chief Meteorologist

I do indeed think all of those play a role in scoring, and thus in DFS (less so air pressure than the others). Not only do I include all of these factors for MLB, I also built a tool called WeatherEdge that shows the historic +/- to key stats given each games weather conditions, that way you can know about how much each weather condition matters at each park.
    For these KBO games the weather isn’t too variable between cities like it is in MLB, but I’m still always looking at temp/wind/rain, and will list them if I think they will be impactful.

• Strategery

I like it. Never really played MLB before, so have been sticking my toes in the water with KBO. Looking forward to the start of the season so I can do some number crunching with this WeatherEdge tool!

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).