MLB FORUM

Comments

• KevinRothWx

RG Chief Meteorologist

UPDATED AT 10:00pm CENTRAL (or… Noon South Korean time) – Increasing rain chances

Baseball is back baby!!! I can’t tell you guys how excited I am to get back in to the swing of things with a little baseball weather, even if it’s forecasting for games that are roughly 7000 miles away from my current location.

Before we start, let’s hit a few short but important notes:
    1) Korean Word of the Day: Yep, I’m doing that until I run out of korean words I know (which is roughly four words). Today’s word is “Soju”: it’s a korean liquor with a potency somewhere between wine and hard liquor. Some flavors are really good, some flavors are really bad, try ‘em all then go sing some Karaoke!

2) The forecasts: My MLB forecasts are a combination of high resolution models, live radar, and a wealth of MLB forecasting experience. My KBO forecasts are… not quite to that level. It’s not a lack of care or effort, it’s that I am severely lacking in all three of those aforementioned tools that make for a good MLB forecast (high-res models, live radar, and forecasting experience). This is more of a spot to view information I’m gathering, helping to keep you from having to do all the work yourselves. I’ll look at rain chances and winds on a generic weather site, maybe I’ll get fancy and look at a global model or two (though the resolution might not be high enough to be particularly helpful), then I’ll overlay those winds in my head over the stadium orientation to figure out if winds are blowing in or out.

3) Baby! My wife is having a baby girl in roughly 12-24 hours (holy crap that’s wild to type), so I’m not going to be around for a day or two, I’ll try to make sure I get a forecast out for each slate, but no promises on updates. Going to have to just make the forecast early and hope the weather holds. I’ll be back on a more normal schedule by the end of the week. FYI we are thinking “Charley”, but I’m still accepting write-in names if you’ve got something better.

Annnnd without further ado… BASEBALL WEATHER:

Hanwha @ SKORANGE – Rain looks likely, especially early. Best guess would be a late start and play, but any and all weather outcomes are on the table. Winds will be blowing SW at 10mph, which is gently blowing in from right at Munhak Baseball Stadium.

Kiwoom @ KiaGREEN – Temp in the 70s, rain likely after the game, and light winds.

Doosan @ LGYELLOW – Scattered showers, especially early. Late start or delays possible. One of three teams that play in Seoul, two of which (including the LG Twins) play in lovely Jamsil Baseball Stadium. Temp around 70 and winds blowing in ever so gently from center at 5mph (not enough to worry about it impacting hitters).

NC @ SamsungGREEN/YELLOW – Temps in the low 70s with light winds. Similar to the Kia game, there’s a chance for rain late with the better rain chances after the game.

Lotte @ KTORANGE – Scattered showers, temp in the upper 60s and a light wind blowing mostly right to left.

Hope you are all doing well and staying safe, Happy Grinding,
    Kevin

• SkateFiend

Congrats on the baby, stay safe.

• meansy53

• x2

2016 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

• 2016 DraftKings FBBWC Finalist

Baseball is back…and a Mike Breen shoutout. Come on normalcy come onnnnn normalcy!

Here’s arguably the best Breen call ever…a double-bang!

https://youtu.be/9dheZHuPSAo

• Bazinga77

for future reference, do we have any idea how many of these games actually get postponed or delayed due to weather since they play in the rainy season? is it the same as here? are they willing to wait it out there i guess is my question since it is the rainy season. i understand u probably dont have an answer to this

• thedkexperience

Weather GOAT with the update! Best of luck with your new child! You are going above and beyond the call.

• boomanfoo

#girl dad hope your wife and new baby are safe and healthy just glad to be sweating baseball weather again thank you for whatever updates you can provide. Congrats on the sex because you will have a lot less in your future

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).