NBA FORUM

Comments

• tmarohl

I really wish we had some DFS for the finals. It is great watching KD play with that defensive sieve Lebron James like a little cat toy.

• Stewburtx8

• 2012 FanDuel WFBC Finalist

@Conrad said...

The two situations can’t be compared, should never be compared and anyone who tries doesn’t understand the NBA. Much in the same way KD should never be compared to Lebron. KD is great current day NBA, probably 2nd or 3rd in the NBA currently. Lebron is an all timer. He’s chasing MJ. He’s not hopping aboard an already historically great team chasing one ring, he’s chasing the greatest ever title.

KD at this point in time cannot be compared to Lebron over the course of his career (and likely never will be). Lebron is a top 3 player ever in my opinion.

I am comparing the 2017 version of Kevin Durant to the 2017 version of Lebron James. I think it is closer than people want to believe. I still have Lebron 1 but I have a hard time saying Kevin Durant is 2 right now. I think he is more like 1A. Kawhi Leonard may be 1B.

• krazyju84

Twenty years of being NBA fan, this is the first year I am not enjoying the playoffs and I can not see how the entire playoff product was/is watchable unless you are Cavaliers or Warriors fan. But ratings are up and up so what do i know.

Personally, LeBron is much better overall basketball player than Durant and it’s only somewhat close because Durants ability on 1v1 offense. People quickly forget how vulnerable Durant’s game was, especially in the playoffs in the previous years with OKC. Put LeBron on GSW and Durant on the Cavaliers, LeBron will probably average triple double only question would be rebounds and no team will have a chance against them in a series. Durant on Cavaliers, not only Durant’s individual numbers suffer so will the Cavaliers as a team.

Random thought, moving screens need to be addressed. It seems now that every single screen is a moving screen, I dont know how a defender can play 1v1 defense in this league with these rules.

And wtf is “Elo” that one guy keep mentioning.

• Jvanspro

@krazyju84 said...

It’s just a random stat for chess players. Means absolutely nothing in basketball. Just the only stat he could find to support his argument.

• Stewburtx8

@krazyju84 said...

Twenty years of being NBA fan, this is the first year I am not enjoying the playoffs and I can not see how the entire playoff product was/is watchable unless you are Cavaliers or Warriors fan. But ratings are up and up so what do i know.

Personally, LeBron is much better overall basketball player than Durant and it’s only somewhat close because Durants ability on 1v1 offense. People quickly forget how vulnerable Durant’s game was, especially in the playoffs in the previous years with OKC. Put LeBron on GSW and Durant on the Cavaliers, LeBron will probably average triple double only question would be rebounds and no team will have a chance against them in a series. Durant on Cavaliers, not only Durant’s individual numbers suffer so will the Cavaliers as a team.

Random thought, moving screens need to be addressed. It seems now that every single screen is a moving screen, I dont know how a defender can play 1v1 defense in this league with these rules.

I don’t want to keep going back and forth on Lebron vs Durant. Lebron is great. All-time top 3 player in my opinion. I just think Durant is more efficient (better shooter and lower turnovers) and the better defensive player at this point in Lebron’s career.

On your last point, the NBA definitely needs some rules changes. Agree on moving screens. My other biggie is the continuation play, especially when guys are coming off those “moving” screens. Consistently defenders try to fight through the screen and guys like Harden and Curry feel the littlest contact, flail their body and fire up a bad shot. But officials give them 3 free throws. It’s infuriating to watch. Curry got 3 free throws on a halfcourt shot this past game.

• jdtrey

@Jvanspro said...

It’s just a random stat for chess players. Means absolutely nothing in basketball. Just the only stat he could find to support his argument.

Lmao .. I can go over any stat you want to prove what I was saying. The point is Elo rating was developed to incorporate all of it as one…
    Learn something before you try to sound like you actually know anything please..

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/how-we-calculate-nba-elo-ratings/

• dgballer

@Jvanspro said...

Electric Light Orchestra?

• jlowery73

2012 DDC Main Event Champion

• 2014 FAFC Finalist

• x3

2015 FACFC Finalist

I dislike what the game has evolved into. Just the other day I saw a debate that was ranking the NBA champions over the past 16 years and it had the 2004 Pistons as the 16 seed. Now, admittedly I am a Pistons fan, but I challenge anyone that scoffs at how “poor” of a champion they were to watch youtube videos of their series vs the Lakers. Watch the intensity of each defensive stand they made, the determination to keep the Lakers from scoring. It went up somehow in the last 5 minutes…the other team was lucky to even get a good shot off. They had no real stars but worked very well together on the offensive end also. A team effort…and they destroyed the Lakers in that series.

In this series I cringe at the amount of open lanes, uncontested dunks. Both teams trying to just outscore each other with “flair.” It makes for a better fantasy product yes but the effort is lacking to me, especially on the defensive end.

Then again, I find the All Star game unwatchable but that’s just me.

End rant

• Stewburtx8

@jlowery73 said...

I dislike what the game has evolved into. Just the other day I saw a debate that was ranking the NBA champions over the past 16 years and it had the 2004 Pistons as the 16 seed. Now, admittedly I am a Pistons fan, but I challenge anyone that scoffs at how “poor” of a champion they were to watch youtube videos of their series vs the Lakers. Watch the intensity of each defensive stand they made, the determination to keep the Lakers from scoring. It went up somehow in the last 5 minutes…the other team was lucky to even get a good shot off. They had no real stars but worked very well together on the offensive end also. A team effort…and they destroyed the Lakers in that series.

In this series I cringe at the amount of open lanes, uncontested dunks. Both teams trying to just outscore each other with “flair.” It makes for a better fantasy product yes but the effort is lacking to me, especially on the defensive end.

Then again, I find the All Star game unwatchable but that’s just me.

End rant

I have absolutely no idea why the Cavs have tried to run with the Warriors. Their response has been “that’s what we have done all season.” That is fine against teams in the East like the Bucks, Pacers, Raptors, Celtics, etc.

But this is the Warriors. Maybe the most talented team ever assembled. You aren’t going to win by outscoring the Warriors. I think the Cavs best shot is to slow it down and try to make it ugly. Lebron needs to post up more. Use as much of the shot clock as possible and use your fouls to stop any transition the Warriors have. When Iguodala is in the game, put him at the line. Try to frustrate them offensively by not letting them get in rhythm and go on big runs. Just my opinion.

• Njsum1

@Stewburtx8 said...

You aren’t going to win by outscoring the Warriors.

Sorry, I couldn’t resist 😎

• Stewburtx8

@Njsum1 said...

Sorry, I couldn’t resist 😎

Thanks. But I think you know what I meant. The Cavs aren’t beating the Warriors 125-120 in my opinion. They have to keep the Warriors in the 110 or less range to win.

• Njsum1

@Stewburtx8 said...

Thanks. But I think you know what I meant. The Cavs aren’t beating the Warriors 125-120 in my opinion. They have to keep the Warriors in the 110 or less range to win.

Clearly I knew what you meant (and I agree), hence the smiley face. It was just a funny sentence to read.

• tgowen

• Blogger of the Month

I would love to be wrong, because I absolutely can not stand the arrogance that Curry exudes.

However, even more frustrating is watching the Cavs continue to think they can run with the Warriors. Their inability to make adjustments is nothing short of stubborn.

• tmarohl

Fits my narrative, so I will go with it. Lebron disappeared in the second half. Durant scores about 9 in the last two minutes to give Golden State the win. A new king is born.

• Lathum

@tmarohl said...

Fits my narrative, so I will go with it. Lebron disappeared in the second half. Durant scores about 9 in the last two minutes to give Golden State the win. A new king is born.

yes, what an amazing player KD is to join a 73 win team and lead them to a title.

Groundbreaking.

• tmarohl

Just saying that Lebron is about the fifth best player in the NBA. Certainly has not looked like the best player in the NBA. Once again, shitty defensive player, turnover machine, and defers in the clutch.

• tgowen

• Blogger of the Month

@tmarohl said...

Just saying that Lebron is about the fifth best player in the NBA. Certainly has not looked like the best player in the NBA. Once again, shitty defensive player, turnover machine, and defers in the clutch.

Aside from LeBron and JR, the Cavs went 3 for 25 from the 3pt line last night. How is it LeBron’s fault that he provides multiple great opportunities for guys to make a shot, and they miss it? The other players have responsibilities on the team too. If they make even a handful of those shots, we are looking at Game 4 to tie it up.

Instead, this thing is over and somehow it falls on LeBron’s shoulders?

Also, just heard that when LeBron went to the bench (for 2 minutes), the Cavs had a -12 point differential in Game 3. Do with that what you will.

• tmarohl

@tgowen said...

Aside from LeBron and JR, the Cavs went 3 for 25 from the 3pt line last night. How is it LeBron’s fault that he provides multiple great opportunities for guys to make a shot, and they miss it? The other players have responsibilities on the team too. If they make even a handful of those shots, we are looking at Game 4 to tie it up.

Instead, this thing is over and somehow it falls on LeBron’s shoulders?

Also, just heard that when LeBron went to the bench (for 2 minutes), the Cavs had a -12 point differential in Game 3. Do with that what you will.

Because they shouldn’t be trying to outshoot Golden State. The only time Cleveland has been competitive is when Lebron tries to score himself, taking it to the hole. Once again he racked up a bunch of stats in the first half and basically did nothing in the second half.

• tgowen

• Blogger of the Month

@tmarohl said...

Because they shouldn’t be trying to outshoot Golden State. The only time Cleveland has been competitive is when Lebron tries to score himself, taking it to the hole. Once again he racked up a bunch of stats in the first half and basically did nothing in the second half.

I’m confused, so are you saying that instead of going for 39 LeBron needs to go for north of 50 each night for the Cavs to compete in this series? If so, doesn’t that just say even more about how important LeBron is to his team, since we wouldn’t even remotely say that about another player in this series.

If people want to say KD is greater than LeBron that is fine, I just don’t understand the double standard that LeBron has in that people expect him to be some unstoppable force every second he is in the game when no player in the history of the league has done that or had that expectation.

Also, I completely agree that the Cavs have failed in this series because they have tried to match the pace and play of Golden State.

• deerosa

Looks like the Warriors took the CAVS best punch and knocked them the f(*k out!

Kyrie was the difference last year, he would have to be the difference again this year. Last two minutes of the game it just looks like they are exhausted.

• gaelicgirl

@deerosa said...

Looks like the Warriors took the CAVS best punch and knocked them the f(*k out!

Stick a fork in ‘em, they’re done. KD scored 1 point in the third quarter. The Warriors just have too many weapons.

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

Just a quick thought.

If you swap LeBron and Durant, is this series any different?

Pretty sure it would still be 3-0, Golden State. I’m not even a LeBron fan, but it’s definitely not on him.

I am a bit shocked that he wouldn’t have the ball in his hands, taking the last couple shots, but it’s definitely not on him that they are down 3-0.

• billholler

@bhdevault said...

If you swap LeBron and Durant, is this series any different?

That was exactly what I was about to post. A big 3 of Lebron, Curry and Green (or Klay) is a lot stronger than the Lebron/Wade/Bosh combo that started this super team BS.

• Stewburtx8

@billholler said...

That was exactly what I was about to post. A big 3 of Lebron, Curry and Green (or Klay) is a lot stronger than the Lebron/Wade/Bosh combo that started this super team BS.

Agree (prime Dwyane Wade was really good though), although I think Durant is a better fit on this Golden State team than Lebron would be (shooting wise and defensively). That being said, Lebron would probably average like 15 assists per game with Curry and Klay.

But Lebron is obviously much more important to Cleveland that Durant could be if they switched roles.

• Jvanspro

@tmarohl said...

This is a terrible take. Last I checked you need to outscore your opponent to win. By your logic LeBron needs to take 50 shots, which is crazy.

• tmarohl

@Jvanspro said...

This is a terrible take. Last I checked you need to outscore your opponent to win. By your logic LeBron needs to take 50 shots, which is crazy.

By my logic, Lebron would be taking the same or less shots because they would be slowing the pace of the game down instead of trying to run with Golden State.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).