TOOLS FORUM

Comments

• killab2482

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 DraftKings FBBWC Finalist

• x2

2013 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

Hey RG Members, I’ve decided to dip my toes in the DFS coaching arena. I’ve missed the days of helping students crush NL Hold’em back in the day. Coaching was essential for me to improve my overall poker game and I would not have reached the levels I did without some grooming/tutorship from fellow pros. I always want to be a student of the game in certain aspects(constant need to improve/learn) and teaching the game to others. Coaching has helped me stay hungry and refocus my attention to the process(long term) and not the results (short term).

With that said, I have to be one of the first ever players to find the great game of DFS back when I was full time poker grinder. I joined a site called Instant Fantasy Sports in 2007: http://instantfantasysports.blogspot.com/. I have over 15 million invested in games since my software/computer/sites started tracking results in 2012. With my background as a poker player, I understood the nuances of Bankroll management, risk, variance and game theory that has helped me be super profitable in this industry. I’m excited to unlock some new concepts to future students or plug up certain leaks(known or unknown) that you have in your overall game. Each student has their own strengths and weaknesses and I will construct my teaching around that specific individual.

In this dfs age of higher rake (18%, c’mon man!), it’s not as easy to profit. Lets plug your holes and make you the best dfs version of you. Here’s a link to view a more in depth coaching profile outline: https://rotogrinders.com/articles/killab2482-s-coaching-profile-2357554. Contact me via twitter: @killab2482 or through dm on rotogrinders (killab2482) and we can set up Skype or Google hangout schedule that works for the both of us!

• Link
    • Last Updated 3 years ago
  • db730

RotoGrinders Media Director

RG Overall Ranking

• 2016 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

• 2016 DraftKings FBBWC Finalist

Brett is super sharp and has doing this as long as I can remember. Would be a great guy to learn from.

• Mangone

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #20

RG Tiered Ranking

KillaB always has great lineups and is someone that I follow every night to see what he did compared to me. If you feel like you need to take a next step coaching can certainly help a ton and I highly recommend investing your time with Brett.

• Razzle11

Here is my way of endorsing this offering…..This guy has balls of steel and is just not afraid. I have known Brett for somewhere in the neighborhood of 17 years now and have actually competed against him in sports for longer than that. We played some baseball for a few years together after we went off to college and coming from a smaller area that we grew up in, we didn’t exactly have a roster ripe with all sorts of players. Brett volunteered to catch for us one day/night as our regular catcher could not make the game for whatever the reason. As a pitcher, I was thinking awesome at least we have somebody to stop in but not so awesome because well, I don’t trust many people. We got to talking more about him getting the start behind the plate that day and a couple of us had to ask, are you prepared? Did you bring your cup today? Brett looked at us with a smile and one of those evil chuckles and said “Why would I need one?”.

I believe Andy and I looked at each other like, uh, what? But Brett’s reaction is all I needed to know that the dude wasn’t afraid to step in and do what he had to do. Do I still think he is on the insane side of crazy? You bet your a$$, however the dude kept being one of our backup catchers and I am fairly certain he never once donned a cup behind the plate.

Now you might be thinking, this guy is crazy and why would I want him as my coach? The answer is simple, the guy is not afraid and has no hesitations. You do not get into the University of Wisconsin-Madison by being an idiot…I mean, Gary Andersen left because he couldn’t recruit his guys because of the Admissions office. Brett attacked the poker world after college and succeeded EVERY single step of the way. He then took his knowledge of that and applied it to the DFS world and has been living the dream.

There hasn’t been a day where I have messaged him that he has responded with an, “I didn’t think of that”. The guy has thought through scenarios before you even realized they were possible. He’s extremely prepared for whatever news hits the wire that day. The organization and dedication he shows towards that organization is nothing short of impressive.

I, 100%, guarantee you will NOT be disappointed in your experience with Brett as your coach.

I hope you are ready to start printing money…………

• Cal

RG CoFounder & Admin

RG Overall Ranking

• $1M Prize Winner

• x4

2015 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

Great stuff Brett. Coaching is right up your alley.

To any newer guys out there or any older guys just looking to improve, this is a great opportunity to spend some one on one time with one of the DFS OG’s.

• jr1886

• 2017 FanDuel WFBBC Finalist

I’ve been playing DFS since 2009, and lately primarily on Fanduel and DraftKings. I don’t know Killab personally but I can vouch that he knows his stuff based on experience playing against him in cash games and tournaments. Take advantage of this opportunity to learn from one of the better players in the industry.

• nmcross71

$200 an hour? Are you kidding???? I can see guys that are selling lineups with a 90% proven cash rate for a fraction of this. Trying to recoup losses from Bitcoin bubble burst! Good luck though.

• killab2482

RG Overall Ranking

• x2

90% proven cash rate? Does this mean they win 90% of the time? Let’s see the receipts buddy. Get out of here Peter Pan! Hey, I’m giving you quite a discount from my poker days where I’d charge 10 big blinds/ hour = $500/hr when I was a 25/50nl reg. Supply/demand. Time = $$. I’ve been in this industry since day 1 and I’ve always been successful beating high stakes cash. Come and find out!

• zigger77

@killab2482 said...

90% proven cash rate? Does this mean they win 90% of the time? Let’s see the receipts buddy. Get out of here Peter Pan! Hey, I’m giving you quite a discount from my poker days where I’d charge 10 big blinds/ hour = $500/hr when I was a 25/50nl reg. Supply/demand. Time = $$. I’ve been in this industry since day 1 and I’ve always been successful beating high stakes cash. Come and find out!

Don’t you know everyone cashes 90%? Nobody loses money in dfs. Everyone wins! And 200$ is a lot of your not playing a lot of money each night. I think that’s where some people are coming from. Most don’t play 200$ a night.

• killab2482

RG Overall Ranking

• x2

That’s understandable. I’m not marketing to those people. I’d like to teach the guys that are investing $100+/ night and want to get better, build a bigger bankroll and help knock down some doors that helped me be where I currently am today. I truly think my services are worth $500+/hr, but I wanted to include more of the dfs player pool.

• zigger77

@killab2482 said...

That’s understandable. I’m not marketing to those people. I’d like to teach the guys that are investing $100+/ night and want to get better, build a bigger bankroll and help knock down some doors that helped me be where I currently am today. I truly think my services are worth $500+/hr, but I wanted to include more of the dfs player pool.

Mehhhhh 500/hour is alottttt. I think the main thing is how you’d need training over multiple days. Learning the basics/learning how to research is great and all. Learning different techniques, but the hard part is applying it to certain slates. Bc every slate is different based on injuries/position scarcity and all of that.

• killab2482

RG Overall Ranking

• x2

Price is so arbitrary. No one truly knows someone’s actual worth unless we had all the receipts and sat in the coaching. But I’d say my nba coaching is worth a lot more than $150/hr

• nmcross71

500$ per hour?? Is this guy a comedian? Don’t tell me, you are the BORAT of the DFS world? Is this a spoof for a documentary? Congratulations, you have been playing DFS since day 1. Longevity doesn’t equal success. If you are such a poker ace, I’m assuming you are still earning big bucks playing poker? I’m sure you can earn more playing/coaching poker. So, how many people have you signed up for your “coaching arena”?

• jayzee666

I have the best deal for you all. Just get my lineups, don’t play anyone on the them and you will have a 100% win rate! Has not failed yet!!

• guahanian05

Highway robbery to say the least. I think I might lose money here and there. Practices and twitches make improvement. I am not Iverson who would say what practice for sure. Looking at the history, you didn’t even place top 5 days in and days out. If i am going to pay out $500 per hour, I expect result not what you think you worth. An hour is so arbitrary. What can you really teach in an hour with most information are free or advised on other sites? Those who play daily already know we need to know at price, dvp, vegas line/odds, contrarian plays, last minute roster changes, etc. Knowing those necessary items does not cost me $500 an hour for sure. The only thing is how a lineup can stand out against millions of others one.

• Link
    • Last Updated 3 years ago
  • killab2482

RG Overall Ranking

• x2

Can you find a coach in dfs that successfully beats high stakes cash? The reason why you don’t see me popping on RG ranks is because it tracks only tourneys. My focus is mainly cash. I guarantee after my coaching you’ll be able to make your own projections and not have to rely on “others” to help you think. With this teaching it shouldn’t take long to move up the ranks. I personally don’t know anyone that has the same research or projection system that I have which gives me a competitive edge vs my opponents. I’m revealing this exclusively to all my students.

• Njsum1

@guahanian05 said...

Highway robbery to say the least. I think I might lose money here and there. Practices and twitches make improvement. I am not Iverson who would say what practice for sure. Looking at the history, you didn’t even place top 5 days in and days out. If i am going to pay out $500 per hour, I expect result not what you think you worth. An hour is so arbitrary. What can you really teach in an hour with most information are free or advised on other sites? Those who play daily already know we need to know at price, dvp, vegas line/odds, contrarian plays, last minute roster changes, etc. Knowing those necessary items does not cost me $500 an hour for sure. The only thing is how a lineup can stand out against millions of others one.

The guy isn’t charging $500/hr, I think the rate is $150, he merely said that $500/hr is what he feels he is worth. The market will tell him whether he’s priced appropriately.

• Footbalplaya68

I started working with Brett this past week for NBA and it’s been a game changer for me. I’m historically a successful NFL cash game player and trying NBA for the first time this year. I had built a model and I was doing just ok in NBA. I spent 2 hours with Brett and I’ve changed my entire system for NBA and it’s been a successful couple of nights since our coaching session. What ultimately led me to working with Brett was seeing him in a lot of the same cash games and always seeing him towards the top, so I wanted to learn his process. I’m still just starting out and fine tuning it myself, but I can tell you he’s already more than paid off his hourly rate for me. Guess my point is, don’t knock it until you try it!

• XxHeisenbergxX

@jayzee666 said...

I have the best deal for you all. Just get my lineups, don’t play anyone on the them and you will have a 100% win rate! Has not failed yet!!

I will pay you 50.00 an hour for that LOL

• XxHeisenbergxX

All kidding aside to bad there is no coach for small time players like myself looking to improve. Helping the rich get richer seems pointless BUT in saying that its probably better off I keep this an inexpensive hobby.

• Footbalplaya68

I’ll say that I bought in for $500 this football season and turned it into $32k strictly by grinding cash games, didn’t win a single GPP. If you have a good process, then the $$ will follow. As I stated above, I’m a good NFL player and a new NBA player. Turned to Brett to help me become a good NBA DFS player and so far it’s been good.

• jayzee666

@XxHeisenbergxX said...

I will pay you 50.00 an hour for that LOL

My services are priceless! It never loses! I asked Brett to help me but he said that I would just poison his work and he would go out of business in 1 week!

• guahanian05

Correct me if I am wrong. The difference between cash and gpp games is that you don’t have to be the highest scorer to win in cash games. You only need to beat out half of your opponents instead of 75%. Wouldn’t that supposed to be “easier” in cash games?

• superstars92

@Footbalplaya68 said...

I’ll say that I bought in for $500 this football season and turned it into $32k strictly by grinding cash games, didn’t win a single GPP. If you have a good process, then the $$ will follow. As I stated above, I’m a good NFL player and a new NBA player. Turned to Brett to help me become a good NBA DFS player and so far it’s been good.

Can you teach me?

• Footbalplaya68

Haha, I wish. Let’s just say it was super dumb luck at the beginning and then I started to get a process. I worked with a coach during NFL season as well and that’s when I really saw my investment take off. That’s the main reason I turned to Brett for NBA, I went from decent to good when I got the proper coaching. I was a terrible DFS player before this year when I decided to invest in a a coach and get a better process.

• Njsum1

@Footbalplaya68 said...

Haha, I wish. Let’s just say it was super dumb luck at the beginning and then I started to get a process. I worked with a coach during NFL season as well and that’s when I really saw my investment take off. That’s the main reason I turned to Brett for NBA, I went from decent to good when I got the proper coaching. I was a terrible DFS player before this year when I decided to invest in a a coach and get a better process.

I’m personally not for or against DFS coaching. If It helps someone make or save an amount above the cost of the lessons, or if they enjoy the time spent with the coach, or enjoy learning a new process, then it’s worth it, simple as that.

However, you’ve literally played 2 maybe 3 slates under Brett’s tutelage. The testimonials are almost laughable considering the minuscule sample size. I’d love to hear how you’ve done at seasons end though. Good luck

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).