PGA FORUM

Comments

• BIF

According to the Outlaw Tour, this is a 2-day 60-player max field event.

EDIT – they have since changed this to 48 player max and the tourney is now FULL with a waiting list. I’m wondering if they are being subjected to a 50 person gather limit as no idea why this would be cut back when they could have probably put about 80 ppl out there based on the new Names this week in the field.

First glance at the players registered show quite a few new names so get ready to deep dive into the research or else spin the wheel for that birdie making punt.

Host course: Legacy Golf Resort
    A 6801 yard Par 71 with five Par 3’s and four Par 5’s

Assuming the weather is good, this is likely to be a bit more of a birdie fest than this last event with the course being a little shorter and back to four par 5’s with at least one of them being reachable for all players and a couple more for the longer hitters.

• BIF

In other golf news; The Greenbrier event has “mutually” cut ties with the PGA Tour and will no longer be a regular annual tour event.

https://www.golfchannel.com/news/greenbrier-event-permanently-removed-pga-tour-schedule

• BIF

PGA Tour released their planned schedule for the rest of 2020 – going to be a great late summer/fall if it actually happens with a couple Majors, Fed Ex Playoffs and a Ryder Cup

https://www.golfchannel.com/news/pga-tour-revises-schedule-plans-events-june-november

• MotownGreek

None of the par 5s look like they’ll cause any trouble. Digital yardage book makes them all look very reachable in 2 for most of these players. Watching this tour is really making me want to get back into competitive golf.

• BIF

Saw this in our newspaper this morning and had a good laugh:

Aaron Cockerill, Manitoba’s top pro who is back home with his rookie season on the European Tour currently on hold.

The little-known Outlaw Tour is the only one going right now in North America, involving about 100 players competing in weekly events in Arizona. Cockerill previously played a few events, in which competitors pony up about $1,000 each, with the organizers taking a big cut and leaving the rest as prize money.

“I know a lot of the guys playing. It’s essentially just organized gambling,” said Cockerill.

• ifthethunder

@BIF said...

EDIT – they have since changed this to 48 player max and the tourney is now FULL with a waiting list.

I have to assume it’s a regulation, because they have every financial incentive to have as many players possible. (And of course, it’d be more fun for us.)

P.S. Here is their link: https://outlawtour.bluegolf.com/bluegolf/outlawtour19/event/outlawtour192/index.htm
    ~

• dbullsfan

• Ranked #55

RG Tiered Ranking

still no mini max which sucks, and the $3 is only $400 up top. DK basically forcing the $10 or high entry fee if you want any kind of top prize.

• BIF

More questions than answers with respect to the PGA Tour’s new/revised 2019-20 schedule release:

https://www.actionnetwork.com/golf/pga-tour-revised-schedule-questions

• BIF

@BIF said...

According to the Outlaw Tour, this is a 2-day 60-player max field event.

EDIT – they have since changed this to 48 player max and the tourney is now FULL with a waiting list. I’m wondering if they are being subjected to a 50 person gather limit as no idea why this would be cut back when they could have probably put about 80 ppl out there based on the new Names this week in the field.

Now the Tournament page for this week says 55 players and it has 55 players names listed so not sure if that is everyone (including wait listed) and they will trim 7 players down to 48 or if they have now increased it to 55. Sorry guys but the information is just not available and seems to be a fluid situation 😂 Sound smile every answer on the virus from politicians when a laker a question on the spot.

After we get real golf back and we are through all this virus and mini-tour DFS stuff, I promise to not complain about the PGA Tour’s crappy website and antiquated practices or lack of info for at least 1 week !! 🙄

• BIF

Now the website says 57 players and FULL so it looks like we have our field set and finalized for next week.

40 professionals and 17 amateurs will tee it up on Tuesday. The 17 amateurs are interesting cast of characters that includes an NHL player (Blake Wheeler), a former Drive Chip and Putt champion and a 64 year old who looks to be about a 15 handicap based on his past Golf Channel Am Tour scores.

Lots of the better players from the last 2 weeks are entered again this week as well as some other good journeymen and mini-tour grinders; this is the best field (not top to bottom but the top 10-15 guys here are better) than what we have seen in the 3 events even with Cejka (last week’s winner) not in the field.

Very interested to see how DK prices some of these guys; then again they’ll just match the salaries to the Vegas/Offshore odds which probably won’t be out until Saturday.

• dbullsfan

• Ranked #55

RG Tiered Ranking

@BIF said...

Now the website says 57 players and FULL so it looks like we have our field set and finalized for next week.

40 professionals and 17 amateurs will tee it up on Tuesday. The 17 amateurs are interesting cast of characters that includes an NHL player (Blake Wheeler), a former Drive Chip and Putt champion and a 64 year old who looks to be about a 15-20 handicap based on his past Golf Channel Am Tour scores.

Lots of the better players from the last 2 weeks are entered again this week as well as some other good journeymen and mini-tour grinders; this is the best field (not top to bottom but the top 10-15 guys here are better) than what we have seen in the 3 events even with Cejka (last week’s winner) not in the field.

Very interested to see how DK prices some of these guys; then again they’ll just match the salaries to the Vegas/Offshore odds which probably won’t be out until Saturday.

not that Figueroa performed particularly well last week, but I hope if there is a Club Pro from the golf course they are playing on they actually get his name right this time.

• lfn1992

Pretty sobering negative assessment as to the re-starting of the PGA:

https://www.courant.com/coronavirus/hc-news-coronavirus-travelers-championship-column-20200417-u3cmn2t3rfctrmjydpxlsbgjrq-story.html

• lfn1992

“That’s terrible that the Outlaw Tour is just organized gambling!”, he said as he enters more entries into Brazilian LoL tournaments

• RudyPujols

Anybody playing the FD RBC Sim? After Round 2 I’ve got one that is near nuts with 1st, 2nd, 4th, 4th, and two other guys inside Top 20. Hoping for better results than the silly Masters Sim that I only won a nickel on, too much Ty Webb And Roy McAvoy…

Edit: after 3 rounds it’s T2 out of over 102k entries with 1st, 2nd, 3rd, T5, T5. Too many dupes (including a 5-lineup train by fellow forum member Itbebrianyo) to be worth much more than $50-$60 per lineup, though. Not a bad haul for a free sim if it holds.

• titanhawks

odds are up here

https://www.betfair.com.au

• Awon1

I’m going to give this a shot. I’m assuming there’s so strokes gained data for this tour?

• titanhawks

No but ifthethunder’s link above has some players stats such as eagles, birdies, etc.

• dbullsfan

• Ranked #55

RG Tiered Ranking

kind of annoying DK still doesn’t have salaries up, hopefully they are up at some point tomorrow

• BIF

@dbullsfan said...

kind of annoying DK still doesn’t have salaries up, hopefully they are up at some point tomorrow

Nothing domestic has odds posted yet – think they usually wait until US based odds are posted at places like golfodds.com

• titanhawks

Pricing is up now and ready to draft your team(s)

• ifthethunder

@titanhawks said...

Pricing is up now and ready to draft your team(s)

Faux Death Train, or not? That is the question..
    ~

• dbullsfan

• Ranked #55

RG Tiered Ranking

Per their twitter, the Outlaw tour announced they will be streaming the next 3 weeks live over periscope…. we are getting closer

• BIF

@dbullsfan said...

Per their twitter, the Outlaw tour announced they will be streaming the next 3 weeks live over periscope…. we are getting closer

I heard there will be multiple Periscope streams; each stream will be on a specific group and they will likely have 4 diff streams (meaning 4 diff groups).

• dbullsfan

• Ranked #55

RG Tiered Ranking

@BIF said...

I heard there will be multiple Periscope streams; each stream will be on a specific group and they will likely have 4 diff streams (meaning 4 diff groups).

That’s awesome

• dbullsfan

• Ranked #55

RG Tiered Ranking

man just looking through the golfers under 8K and holy crap it gets real ugly real quick. Wu is the best player we’ve seen in this tour yet but its gonna be tough to afford him with the value the way it is.

• mitchsnyderdfw

If I play both the Lehman kids, they’ll play like their father right?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.