PGA FORUM

Comments

• BIF

According to the Outlaw Tour, this is a 2-day 60-player max field event.

EDIT – they have since changed this to 48 player max and the tourney is now FULL with a waiting list. I’m wondering if they are being subjected to a 50 person gather limit as no idea why this would be cut back when they could have probably put about 80 ppl out there based on the new Names this week in the field.

First glance at the players registered show quite a few new names so get ready to deep dive into the research or else spin the wheel for that birdie making punt.

Host course: Legacy Golf Resort
    A 6801 yard Par 71 with five Par 3’s and four Par 5’s

Assuming the weather is good, this is likely to be a bit more of a birdie fest than this last event with the course being a little shorter and back to four par 5’s with at least one of them being reachable for all players and a couple more for the longer hitters.

• hbomb57

@mitchsnyderdfw said...

If I play both the Lehman kids, they’ll play like their father right?

If you could pair the duo as 1 player and take the best score from every hole then maybe.

• titanhawks

Schnell and Holmgren are out and Bateman and Roberts are now in

• ifthethunder

Let’s get ready to RUMBBBLE!

https://twitter.com/messages/767773617228742656/media/1252312227287351302

I guess that’s not working, so just scroll down. You’ll know it when you see it.

https://www.sadanduseless.com/crap-wildlife-photography/
    ~

• BIF

Carson Roberts – OUT

Nicolo Galetti – IN but not on DK (until Round 2) as he was a very late addition.

• futoo

Sorry for the stupid question, it’s a long story but the device that I’m using doesn’t have the memory to show me how the scoring works for the showdown. Does 1st place count for 30 as usual etc

• BIF

Sounds like they are only going to Periscope 2 groups tomorrow – they did a vote thing on Twitter.

Looks like we get Wheeldon’s group based on votes and then they will pick another group.

• BIF

@futoo said...

Sorry for the stupid question, it’s a long story but the device that I’m using doesn’t have the memory to show me how the scoring works for the showdown. Does 1st place count for 30 as usual etc

Not for the Outlaw Tour – no finishing points; just hole scoring, streaks and bogey-free rounds

• Felixxberg

• 2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• 2019 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

Even after following the last few weeks, I tried to make a Late Round 1 lineup and damn, who are those guys?? The entire top 10 (according to odds) is playing early, so out of that slate.

I know Blake Wheeler, but can an NHLer really compete there? I guess he’s not bad, but since he’s already a millionaire, I assume he’s playing just to kill time and not to make money. Also, his $9K price tag (in the Late slate) doesn’t fit his odds.

• Felixxberg

I did a quick calculation of the best Late slate value plays (salary divided by odds, which I took for the 1st Round lead on bet365), and Gorbahn and Moriyama are miles ahead. The best under $8K value picks are (in order) Beach, Giusti, Mackie and Quagliata. The best under $7K are (in order) Trevino, Isley, Fessler and Geary.

The bottom 5 overall are (worst to best) Hovel, Fontana, Frye, Lloyd and Kim.

Pricing is therefore very interesting, because if you want to get Gorbahn and Moriyama, who are the two most expensive guys but also the best value by very far, you need to go stars and scrubs, but pretty much all scrubs are in the bottom 5. Out of 24 guys, the top 9 in value are over $8K and the bottom 8 are under $7K. The 7 guys in between are all in the $7Ks except Sean Lehman ($8.4K, worst $8K+ value) and Trevino ($6.7K, best $7K- value).

I thought Blake Wheeler had bad value, but he’s actually 9th/24. That said, he’s the worst $9K+.

• lfn1992

You cannot stop Warner Beach, you can only hope to contain him

• dbullsfan

• Ranked #88

RG Tiered Ranking

@lfn1992 said...

You cannot stop Warner Beach, you can only hope to contain him

• dbullsfan

• Ranked #88

RG Tiered Ranking

He might be better suited for the late slate judging by Felixx break down above, but one guy I’m gonna take a flier or 2 on is Conrad Isley. He isn’t very good from the looks of things and has been bouncing around some mini tours (latest in the Dakota’s) but according to his Linkedin profile he used to (or still is) a bartender at Legacy CC, the course they are playing at this week. Now his link is to the course in Minnesota, but everything in his background is in the Phoenix area and nothing in Minnesota so I’m guessing thats just a typo. A lot of these guys down in this range are trash so if having some familiarity with the course can land him some birdies at least it’s worth taking a stab at.

• MotownGreek

@dbullsfan said...

Conrad Isley. He isn’t very good from the looks of things and has been bouncing around some mini tours (latest in the Dakota’s

I wonder if I’ve played with this kid? I played in a couple regional tournaments in South Dakota several years back, he would have likely been 19 or 20 at the time.

• dbullsfan

• Ranked #88

RG Tiered Ranking

@MotownGreek said...

I wonder if I’ve played with this kid? I played in a couple regional tournaments in South Dakota several years back, he would have likely been 19 or 20 at the time.

did you play juniors as well? I’m curious how a course at this level can be set up differently than say normal open for the public conditions or compared to junior events. For example there are a couple of the kids in the field who played in a Junior Golf event at this course last year. Can they/will they make the course harder for this event or should it mostly be set up the same?

Thanks.

• MotownGreek

@dbullsfan said...

did you play juniors as well? I’m curious how a course at this level can be set up differently than say normal open for the public conditions or compared to junior events. For example there are a couple of the kids in the field who played in a Junior Golf event at this course last year. Can they/will they make the course harder for this event or should it mostly be set up the same?

Thanks.

I played competitively in high school and college. When I was stationed in SD I tried to get back into competitive golf after a bit of a hiatus so I played in several club championships. In the few non-handicap adjusted tournaments the winning scores were usually no more than a couple under par for 2 rounds. I don’t know much about the Outlaw tour but I’d imagine the course won’t be that much harder than normal. Probably on par with a club championship. It’ll be a well maintained course with what is considered to be tough pin positions by the club pro. I think it was a couple weeks ago that they changed a couple short par 5s into par 4s. Outside of that though it doesn’t seem the Outlaw tour does anything to really make the courses more challenging.

• Felixxberg

@dbullsfan said...

He might be better suited for the late slate judging by Felixx break down above, but one guy I’m gonna take a flier or 2 on is Conrad Isley. He isn’t very good from the looks of things and has been bouncing around some mini tours (latest in the Dakota’s) but according to his Linkedin profile he used to (or still is) a bartender at Legacy CC, the course they are playing at this week. Now his link is to the course in Minnesota, but everything in his background is in the Phoenix area and nothing in Minnesota so I’m guessing thats just a typo. A lot of these guys down in this range are trash so if having some familiarity with the course can land him some birdies at least it’s worth taking a stab at.

That’s some deep digging, but it’s good to know! I wonder what the bet sites employees look at to give odds for that kind of event. Normally I guess they pretty much just run an algorithm with stats from past events, but how can you put odds on a tournament where 17 guys are amateurs who we can’t find much info on?

Also, I wonder if the scrubs could win. Who can we compare the guys who have the worst odds to in PGA? Smylie Kaufman (has a 0% chance of winning), Michael Kim (will win once in a thousand times), Nate Lashley (very long shot but possible), or even better?

Since DK only does Showdown, I guess almost anyone could lead the day, but still.

• tprokopenko

@Felixxberg said...

Even after following the last few weeks, I tried to make a Late Round 1 lineup and damn, who are those guys?? The entire top 10 (according to odds) is playing early, so out of that slate.

I know Blake Wheeler, but can an NHLer really compete there? I guess he’s not bad, but since he’s already a millionaire, I assume he’s playing just to kill time and not to make money. Also, his $9K price tag (in the Late slate) doesn’t fit his odds.

Not sure if you’re being sarcastic, but this is not the same Blake Wheeler from the NHL haha

• ifthethunder

@tprokopenko said...

Not sure if you’re being sarcastic, but this is not the same Blake Wheeler from the NHL haha

This is amateur gopher Blake Wheeler:

https://www.wagr.com/playerprofile/blake-wheeler-29794
    ~

• ryanprzy

@ifthethunder said...

~

Correct me if I’m wrong, but if we start all the gophers, they’ll lock us up and throw away the key

• ifthethunder

@ryanprzy said...

Correct me if I’m wrong, but if we start all the gophers, they’ll lock us up and throw away the key

And who could blame them?
    ~

• kps3205s

Well this should be interesting..

Read 7 or so free articles, figured out among them my LU and spent all $50k.

• BIF

@ifthethunder said...

~

Well damn, it would have been a lot better story if it’s an NHL’er playing 🙄

• ifthethunder

@BIF said...

Well damn, it would have been a lot better story if it’s an NHL’er playing 🙄

Heck yeah. Plus some of those guys are pretty good.

On another note, as an East-coaster I like the early starts. Getting antsy!
    ~

• dbullsfan

• Ranked #88

RG Tiered Ranking

looks like there will be some sort of live scoring this week as well. There is an app called Blue Golf “pro golf” as Blue Golf has a few. You can search once in the app for outlaw tour and than the event.

they just tweeted it out about 20 minutes ago.

• dbullsfan

• Ranked #88

RG Tiered Ranking

The Outlaw Tour
    @outlawgolftour
    ·
    11m
    COVERAGE UPDATE: Citing an awful hangover, one of our “camera guys” just bailed – so we only will have ONE featured group for now + coverage of the first tee box.

Our sincerest apologies for the snafu.

Gatorade and a healthy ass kicking have been delivered to the guy’s house.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).