TOOLS FORUM

Comments

• Riley

RG Co-Founder

To comply with DraftKings’ request that we use the bulk uploading tool that they now provide on their own site, we have changed our lineup builder tool to export CSV’s in the format they require. The only part that’s different on our end is that you must have a slate selected before you can export your lineups from Lineup Builder.

On the DraftKings site, you will then use the new “Upload Lineups” on their “My Lineups” page to import your lineups from the exported CSV.

We have also modified our DraftKings extension to no longer include the orange “Import Lineups” button that you used to see on the “My Lineups” page. With that feature gone, there’s not much left in our DK extension, but you may want to keep it installed. We have a few projects in the works that allow you to see your own exposure percentages of players in specific contests as well as the displaying the margin and overlay percentages for any given contest in the lobby. We have reached out to DraftKings to see if they have any issues with functions like these that just do calculations of information that is already displayed on the page. We won’t release these features in our extension until we get the okay from them, but we are keeping our fingers crossed.

I mentioned this in a previous post but want to remind everyone again. One thing we lose with this transition is the ability to bulk edit lineups, which our extension used to support, but the DK tool doesn’t. If bulk editing is a feature that you would like to see, tell DraftKings about it, and they may add that functionality on their site down the road.

• markaw4

• Ranked #67

RG Tiered Ranking

The Fanduel Lineup Builder is showing numbers after the players names when you download a csv. I think this is should just be for DraftKings, right?

• markaw4

• Ranked #67

RG Tiered Ranking

Very nice! Thanks, but it seems to be adding numbers to Fanduel CSV’s as well

• Riley

RG Co-Founder

Yes, the FD export is also adding player id’s to the CSV, but the import lineups extension on FanDuel should still work. We are now matching by id on FD as well which should reduce the number of player name match questions it asks you about.

• golferdude31

RG Overall Ranking

• 2016 King of Summer Champion

Wow, your uploader was way better than DK’s. Pisses me off that you have to enter the player ID’s now in the csv.

• golferdude31

RG Overall Ranking

Do you know if DK’s player IDs change for each contest or do they use the same player ID for all contests. I.E., will Steph Curry always have the same player ID?

• Riley

RG Co-Founder

@golferdude31 said...

Do you know if DK’s player IDs change for each contest or do they use the same player ID for all contests. I.E., will Steph Curry always have the same player ID?

DK’s player id’s change per slate (which is the reason you have to choose a slate on our end before exporting). Not only will Steph Curry not always have the same player ID; he won’t even have the same player id for different slates on the same day.

• plugs

Using the lineup builder and csv exprt, I entered some “generic” lineups today at lunch and planned on changing lineups once i was home for evening using the lineup builder like usual. How will i edit those lineups in Bulk this evening?

• Jvd2

When I try to upload the csv I’m getting a file error message that says “incorrect player position header for sport” Can anyone tell me what I’m doing wrong?

• awesemo

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #1

RG Tiered Ranking

• x3

2018 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

• 2017 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

I was hoping to use the bulk lineup edit feature for the slate today. Is there any way to use the old version of the extension, or to withdraw all the entries from a contest?

• Riley

RG Co-Founder

@Jvd2 said...

When I try to upload the csv I’m getting a file error message that says “incorrect player position header for sport” Can anyone tell me what I’m doing wrong?

@Jvd2 if you used the lineup builder earlier in the day, your local settings may be incompatible with the update. Try using the “Reset” button on the Lineup Builder page before exporting your CSV.

• psychoman1

this happened to me too. I hear if you used Chromium it wouldn’t automatically update.

• Noproblemkid

How do you get rid of numbers it’s stopping me from loading lineups?

• psychoman1

wow there was about a 5k x 3 = $1500 overlay on the DK Mini-Slam contest.

• blimes

So is this the only way to bulk enter lineups or can the tech gurus still use there own programs?

• dacoltz

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #48

RG Tiered Ranking

• x2

2020 DraftKings FBBWC Finalist

• 2015 FanDuel MLB Playboy Mansion Finalist

Might have been nice to have made this change on Friday or given more notice that it was coming today for those people that were relying on it to make lineup edits today.

• Riley

RG Co-Founder

@buzz said...

Might have been nice to have made this change on Friday or given more notice that it was coming today for those people that were relying on it to make lineup edits today.

Sorry about that. We tried to do this early enough in the day that it still gave people plenty of notice before lock today, but we weren’t counting on players who may have reserved entries even earlier in the day or yesterday.

We also didn’t want to scramble to fix things day-of, so the release today was to ensure we have everything working by that hard Friday deadline.

• golferdude31

RG Overall Ranking

Would it be possible to put in a request to Draftkings to still have the option of using the Rotogrinders lineup builder instead of theirs? I know they aren’t wanting that, but if a lot of players aren’t happy about the change, they might consider it.

• bigloser11

If DK is trying to make things more fair, why not have lower limits on entries?It would reduce the overall entries to gpp-s and lower the prize amounts, but you also wouldn’t have a 70 k field of entries.It would also stop 500 entries to a single gpp and make it somewhat of a ‘‘poor man’s/woman’s game.

I can’t imagine the average player is in the high roller end..

• psychoman1

@bigloser11 said...

If DK is trying to make things more fair, why not have lower limits on entries?It would reduce the overall entries to gpp-s and lower the prize amounts, but you also wouldn’t have a 70 k field of entries.It would also stop 500 entries to a single gpp and make it somewhat of a ‘‘poor man’s/woman’s game.

I can’t imagine the average player is in the high roller end..

The theory is with lower limits, they’ll have to lower the prizes as well as there simply won’t be enough entrants. For example in DK’s sharpshooter contests, about 12% of all entries come from players with 100+ LUs. Personally, I just wish there is more transparency with regards to bulk editing…. If they official add it to their uploader then great, but if they’re banning it then I wish have some effective solution to enforce it to remove any doubts about an uneven playing field.

• FrankieOz

when I try to upload I get “Incorrect player position header for sport.” had the same issue on Wednesday.

• gaspoopy

I just did some test uploads today with the new DK csv template.

Question: When I go to enter my lineups into contests, will the orange RG button “choose rosters 1-50 / 51-100 / etc” still appear? I have 50 lineups loaded during my test, and as of right now I’m not seeing that button appear (maybe because I don’t have over 50 lineups created).

It will be a major pain to have to select / deselect rosters manually 1 at a time to enter into contests.

Thanks in advance!

• bigloser11

@psychoman1 said...

The theory is with lower limits, they’ll have to lower the prizes as well as there simply won’t be enough entrants.

Correct, no argument.But you could wind up w/ more lower entry, lower prizes contests.So even if the 12 % multis entered contest after contest, the remainder people could be different.Said a different way—you could have 4 25 cent 3K entries as opposed to 1 25 cent 12 K entry.The makeup and LUs would be different , I THINK, gpp to gpp..Someone w/ a better math mind than me could figure it out.jm

• gaspoopy

@gaspoopy said...

I just did some test uploads today with the new DK csv template.

Question: When I go to enter my lineups into contests, will the orange RG button “choose rosters 1-50 / 51-100 / etc” still appear? I have 50 lineups loaded during my test, and as of right now I’m not seeing that button appear (maybe because I don’t have over 50 lineups created).

It will be a major pain to have to select / deselect rosters manually 1 at a time to enter into contests.

Thanks in advance!

Bump – anybody? If the ‘choose rosters’ button isn’t there it is nearly impossible to enter a large number of specific rosters into GPPs.

• Riley

RG Co-Founder

@gaspoopy – that feature is no longer available per DK’s request. The best advice I can give you is to email DK about this idea. If enough people ask for it, it may be something they implement on their side in the future.

• bologo

“Incorrect player position header for sport”. The file name generated is “draftkings nba 700pm 6 Games.csv”. All I did is went to the lineup builder, went to settings, reduced lineup limit to 5, generate lineup, and export. I did it five minutes ago. Does not seem to be working.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler