MAIN FORUM

• fsu1grk

This is probably a newbie question, but lets say I’m playing 10 lineups with a core of 4-5 players…if I was playing all GPP’s or all 50/50’s do I want to enter the lineups in 10 different contests??

As for my lineups core of players, which positions do you guys like to lock in as your core group? I am assuming the 4-5 “core” players means they should have 100% exposure in my lineups?? I’m playing on Yahoo this week.

Thanks for any help, need all the advice I can get!

• El_Lupo81

Typically what I do is differentiate between my cash and GPP lineups. I play about 80% cash in hundreds of contests. And in those hundreds of contests, I’m entering mainly one lineup. Sometimes If I want to hedge, I enter two – never more than that. A perfect example would be tonight. I wasn’t sure if CP3 was going to be out. If he was, I LOVED Crawford’s value at $4,100 on FD. I still liked him if Paul played, but not near as much. So I went with two lineups in my cash games tonight. One w/ Crawford (75%) and one with OJ Mayo (25%) to hedge a little in case Paul played and Crawford put up a dud. I liked the rest of my team: Wall, Canaan, Harden, Batum, Sefolosha, AD, Zinger and Len. So for cash, I guess you could say those were my “core” guys and I played Crawford and hedged w/ Mayo.

My real core guys tonight were Wall, Batum, and Davis. They were in 100 percent of my cash and GPP teams. The number and positions of my “core” guys every night vary. Sometimes I may roll out 4-5 core guys. Sometimes only one. It all depends on the slate and the positional values at each spot on any given night.

That’s what I do. It’s certainly not fool proof. What I find that it boils down to is your confidence in your ability to construct a solid cash roster on a nightly basis. You’re only rolling out one, maybe two lineups that are almost completely identical. So when you win, you win pretty much. And when you lose, you lose, lol. But if you’re selecting the right kind of games and sticking to your process, you’re never going to lose EVERY cash game you play on a given night.

GPPs, it’s a free-for-all. If you really like some guys – like I did the three mentioned above – then you play the hell out of them. Other than that, it’s simply a matter of constructing a roster behind your process.

I play at a high volume. Well, a considerably higher volume than average, I’d say. And I’d guesstimate that 85-90% of my research time is devoted to that one cash lineup.

That’s how I do it. Not foolproof by any means, but it’s been a successful process for me in the NBA.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).