TOOLS FORUM

Comments

• nvalencia30

• x2

2014 FAFC Finalist

• 2015 FAWBC Finalist

It’s September and football season is upon us! LineupHQ has continued to evolve recently, and we have some exciting updates to share with you. We have 2 major new features in LineupHQ for the 2019 NFL season – Player Groups and Quick Stacks. You have to be a premium subscriber to gain access to these features, so go sign up now to get all of the benefits of our industry-leading tools! Please let us know what you think and what you want us to build next in the comments section below!

Player Groups

In addition to the custom Player Groups experienced LHQ users are familiar with, we now have 2 new “auto groups” available for NFL. The main purpose behind these new options is to give our users the ability to create a lot of smart lineup groupings very quickly. The first new option, called Team Player Groups, allows you to create conditional team groups (dependent on the QB being in the lineup) for each team on the slate in one click. Since Team Player Groups are conditional, they work off of your current quarterback player pool, meaning you will get one new group for each quarterback in your current player pool. If you happen to have more than one QB from the same team in your player pool, you’ll still only get one team group, with the chosen quarterback being the one with the highest projected fantasy points. As with Player Groups, you can adjust the minimum and maximum range of players you want to use within each group. The second new option, called Max Position Player Groups, creates max position (RB, WR, TE) groups for each team on the slate when you click the “Create Max Position Groups” button underneath the “Player Groups” header. This option proves useful when trying to group or separate certain teammates that play the same position. For example, you can set a minimum and maximum of 1 for the MIN WR group to ensure that you don’t get any lineups with both Adam Thielen and Stefon Diggs. You can delete individual team or max position groups, delete all the groups under the same header at once, or remove a player from an “auto group” without affecting the other 2 group options. It is highly recommended that you narrow down your player pool before creating Team Player Groups or Max Position Player Groups. Please note that all player group settings are slate-specific.

Quick Stacks

Building off of the popular hitter quick stacks available in MLB, LineupHQ team and game stacking is now way more customizable than ever before. You can now specify positional requirements and correlation plays from up to 3 different games in a single lineup. Here’s the basic outline of how all the puzzle pieces fit together: A primary stack pairs a quarterback with one or more offensive players from the QB’s team. It’s easy to create a game stack (as part of the same primary stack) by specifying one or more offensive players from the QB’s opponent. A second stack is a correlation that can be used with a primary stack in the same lineup. A popular example is a WR + RB from the opposing team. A second stack will use a different team/game from the primary stack. A third stack is similar to a second stack and provides the ability to specify a third correlation in a lineup such as opposing pass catchers from a different game than your primary/second stacks. You can create as many stacking constraints as you like. You can control the maximum percentage of lineups for which to apply each rule and you also have the ability to exclude any team on the slate from any stacking rule. Additionally, any Saved Stacks you have generated with Stack Finder or Core Stacks can be treated as primary stacks and work in concert with the second and third stacks you have defined. Quick stacks are not available for single-game or Showdown slates and all quick stack settings are slate-specific.

Upcoming Features

• More Lineup Filtering Options – One popular feature of the DraftKings Manage Entries page that will be available soon in the My Lineups section is the ability to sort your generated lineups by order created, highest to lowest (or lowest to highest) total projected ownership, and highest to lowest (or lowest to highest) amount of salary used.
    • Showdown/Single-Game Build Settings – We understand that roster construction for single-game/showdown slates is very different than for the “classic” salary cap slates, and to that end, we’re in the process of updating some build settings and pairing rules to make the lineup-building process more efficient for LHQ’s single-game enthusiasts.

As always, feel free to contact me here directly, on Discord, or on Twitter with any suggestions or questions about any of the RotoGrinders tools!

• asbernard1

In Chrome, I click the Build lineup button and I do not get a response. Almost as if the button is blocked. I turned off my popup and ad blocker as well. Any insight?

• nvalencia30

• x2

2014 FAFC Finalist

• 2015 FAWBC Finalist

Was the blue build button a lighter-than-normal shade? This can happen if you exclude all players from a certain position. We will add an error message to that so it’s clear why you can’t build. If it’s something else, please give me as many details as you can.

• Vach77

Hello! I’m playing around with the quick stacks tool and it seems great. I’m pretty new to the optimizer and when I try to build my lineups using the quick stack tool it is giving me an error. Do you have any suggestions as to why this is happening?

• Jvanspro

Is there a how to video coming on how to use the groups? I understand the stack builder and quick stacks but am having trouble understanding how to use the player groups and incorporate them, or have them make stacks. Probably really easy but som sort of tutorial would be great.

Thanks

• nvalencia30

• x2

2014 FAFC Finalist

• 2015 FAWBC Finalist

@Jvanspro said...

Is there a how to video coming on how to use the groups? I understand the stack builder and quick stacks but am having trouble understanding how to use the player groups and incorporate them, or have them make stacks. Probably really easy but som sort of tutorial would be great.

Thanks

Here’s a very short version I put together for single-game/Showdown slates on Player Groups.

https://embed.vidyard.com/share/PSQJwuWqBwvcxBA2h68f84?

• nvalencia30

• x2

2014 FAFC Finalist

• 2015 FAWBC Finalist

@Vach77 said...

Hello! I’m playing around with the quick stacks tool and it seems great. I’m pretty new to the optimizer and when I try to build my lineups using the quick stack tool it is giving me an error. Do you have any suggestions as to why this is happening?

Hi,

Feel free to email me at nicole@rotogrinders.com with a screenshot of your quick stack settings. If you are using the stack finder and quick stacks together, you could be going over a positional limit.

• nvalencia30

• x2

2014 FAFC Finalist

• 2015 FAWBC Finalist

Player Groups Copy Settings: https://embed.vidyard.com/share/iVekd7RG9iqvN9T1U6rmw6?

• Tech9r

RG Overall Ranking

If im making 150 nba lineups and want my 1 % owned players always in game stacks , do i need to make a player group for each of them ?

• lertno

Is there a way to make line stacks in NHL that I can make around 10 of them and have them mix together in my lineups? So each lineup includes 2 stacks of 3?

Is there a way to use these groups each day or do I need to create them manually each day?

• Fleurrose

@Vach77 said...

You still play? i m new too this is why I’m asking
    https://audacity.onl/
    https://mails.tips/temp-mail/
    https://origin.onl/

• Steven1974

• Ranked #66

RG Tiered Ranking

I like the line stacking options now in LineupHQ for NHL. I noticed there was no choice to make quick stacks that used up to 4 or 5 for DK on them though as an option. Could that be added?

Also, would be good to allow you to import stacking settings you put on one site over to the other as well.

• Steven1974

• Ranked #66

RG Tiered Ranking

Also, for NHL, is there a way we can edit what lines players are on at some point? It seems sometimes some of the players lines are incorrect and I have no way to adjust it for the stack tool except manually.

• dkoreyjr

@Steven1974 said...

Also, for NHL, is there a way we can edit what lines players are on at some point? It seems sometimes some of the players lines are incorrect and I have no way to adjust it for the stack tool except manually.

This would be a huge improvement. In addition to incorrect lines, incomplete lines due to injury uncertainty causes the stack tool to skip the stack entirely when building 3-3’s. Some other lineup builders I’ve used have this capability with a drop down for each player’s EV and PP line.

• nvalencia30

• x2

2014 FAFC Finalist

• 2015 FAWBC Finalist

Editing lines has been discussed. It’s on the list, but right now MLB items are the top priority. The more users ask for it though, the more attention it gets.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler